SBM's Top 25 Worst/Best Spongebob Episodes

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Dreams come true, as long as there are no jerks to ruin it?

Hmm..

Pretty much every post-movie episode that includes Squidward fits this description.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Ohad said:
Dreams come true, as long as there are no jerks to ruin it?

Hmm..

Pretty much every post-movie episode that includes Squidward fits this description.
Well, Spongebob is actually the one being treated badly here.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
[SIZE=48pt]#19.[/SIZE]
The_Sponge_Who_Could_Fly.jpg

WHAT?? THIS is the Lost Episode? Honestly, I was disappointed when I saw this episode. It had the potential to be a really good lost episode, and maybe even one of the BEST episodes overall! I was excited for this, and I hoped that it would become an awesome episode. Celestia knows, that didn’t happen.

So what happens? Well basically, Patchy goes on a treasure hunt to find the episode tape, because originally, he… lost it, hence it being a “lost” episode. Eventually, he finds it buried in a nearby park, and he goes back to his house and puts in the tape.

At first, the tape only shows a long weird GIF of Spongebob walking with weird expressions, move, and faces while some ear-worm inducing music is playing before cutting to the EBS color bars. After Patchy sees this, he proclaims that "SpongeBob betrayed us!" and throws out all his SpongeBob merchandise and runs away. However, Potty informs him that the tape is not over and that the real lost episode is about to begin. As a countdown to that starts, Patchy excitedly says, "Really?!" and his throwing everything away is rewound and the episode begins.

The Spongebob Episode begins with Spongebob wishing he could fly with the Jellyfish. He begins to sing a song about it, but he gets interrupted by an idea; an idea to build a flying machine! Sounds good, right? Well, he builds a flying machine with Patrick, but apparently, once he tries to start it, it immediately falls apart and the fan crashes into Old Man Jenkins’ grain tower. So, it turns out the flying machine is useless.

(cut to Good Neighbors)
Squidward: [angry, banging on security system] GRRR, you infernal contraption! I'm gonna ship you off to the scrap heap you came from!
(back to the review)

Spongebob tries many MANY other attempts to fly, including a batman suit, a garden chair with balloons, and a bicycle with a kite behind it, with all of them failing miserably. After his failed attempts are witnessed by other Bikini Bottomites, they start making crude fun of him, calling him the “Birdman”, and they constantly act so mean to him that you just want to give poor Spongebob a hug. :(

Soon, SpongeBob is shown in his house, having given up on his dream. He begins to dry his hair (Whaaa--), when he receives an insulting phone call from a "fan" of the "Birdman", and puts the hair dryer in his pants. As he is talking, the hair dryer begins to inflate his pants, which actually cause Spongebob to truly fly for the first time!

He sings a song about how he is finally able to fly, and he goes around helping people, earning their admiration and becoming a superhero of some sort! Wait. So he has fulfilled his dream? He can finally fly? He can be free to do whatever the heck he wants and fly everywhere in Jellyfish Fields and the sea?

Well, if you guessed that, then you’d be HALF-WAY right. Spongebob is able to fly, but the Bikini Bottomites begins to ask a little too much of him. Oh I’m sorry, I just made a massive understatement. I meant to say that the BBs ask EVERYTHING OF HIM! They don’t ask him to save a life or anything. They constantly and constantly ask him to do their own chores, handle the tiniest little things for them, and worst of all, never EVER giving him the tiniest chance of going out on his own to fly with the Jellyfish!

Larry: Help me pick out a tie?

Hat Fish: Untangle my phone chords?

Nancy: Talk to my plants!

Are_You_Kidding_Me.jpeg

Are you people seriously telling me that you can’t, umm, you know… umm, DO THOSE YOURSELVES????

I see that a lot of people say that the BBs became jerky and mean-spirited after the movie, but I personally think that they really should look at Season 3 before saying that. Some people may think that Season 4 was the start of THEIR character derailment, but I think it was SEASON 3! Yeah, I said it! The most beloved season actually started the BBs bad attitude. This episode and the Great Snail Race are PERFECT examples of this! I honestly find it incredibly mean and appalling for the BBs to not let Spongebob live his dream. Here, they act so mean and selfish towards the poor guy that you want to STRANGLE them, HOMER SIMPSON STYLE!

And if that wasn’t bad enough for you, maybe this will be. Spongebob realizes that he’s not able to live out his dream if he keeps doing this, so he tries to fly away to Jellyfish Fields. And guess what? The Bikini Bottomites try to chase him down because of it! Oh, and here’s one line that REALLY ticks me off:

Fred who is purple for some reason: No! He owes us favors!

Grr…. No, you owe HIM favors! My god, why is it that EVERYBODY here (except Spongebob) is a selfish jerk? I dare you to tell me that THAT’S not at all selfish and jerky.

When Spongebob tries to escape to Jellyfish Fields, the people form a mob and chase him, but are unable to catch him. However, Cannonball Jenkins blasts SpongeBob, destroying the pants and sending him plummeting to the ground. The townspeople find Spongebob in his state, and take him to the hospital quickly. They think he might not be able to make it, and they burst into tears, realizing what cruel, selfish jerks they have been, and they make vows never to be such meanies ever again.

Oh, if only that were real. “Wait. They DON’T do that??” NAH! Here’s their REAL reaction! The townspeople find Spongebob in his horribly injured state, and they start crying. Rather than mourning for Spongebob, SPONGEBOB, the guy who, you know, HELPED those selfish jerks, they mourn for his PANTS, give it a funeral, and leave Spongebob to die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyVIbLh4QU

IT’S NOT FUNNY! THAT’S JUST CRUEL!! The townspeople leave the guy who helped them 24/7 in all their selfish needs to DIE, just so they can cry over his PANTS??? THAT’S NOT FUNNY THAT IS FLIPPIN’ HEARTLESS AND CRUEL YOU UNGRATEFUL, SELFISH, TWISTED, HYPOCRITICAL, VILE, UNFRIENDLY, SICK, MOST DISGUSTING EXCUSES FOR FISH PEOPLE THAT I HAVE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE THAT I HOPE GO STARVE, SUFFOCATE AND DIE IN A COLD, ROTTEN HOLE WHERE YOU BELONG YOU HEARTLESS JERKS!!!!

Oh my god, that was harsh. Serves them right, too, for being such jerks. I mean, what is wrong with these people? Not only does this episode foreshadow what has yet to come out of these people, but it is also one of their absolute WORST performances in the ENTIRE series whatsoever!

SpongeBob is is about to go home, but suddenly, the jellyfish help him fly. They take him home as he sings a wonderful song about how all you need to fly is friendship.

[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: Goodbye, jellies! You taught me a valuable lesson. Although I'm not quite sure what it was. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Patrick: [walks up] Hey! Let's fly down to the pizza house for a slice. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: No more flying for me, Patrick. I'll leave that to the jellyfish. [opens his door] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Patrick: Suit yourself. [lifts up his arm and flies away] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: [turns back around] Did Patrick just...? [laughs] Nah! [enters his house again, but opens the door one last time, just to make sure][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Okay, that was kind of funny. At least Patrick wasn’t in that group (I hope).[/SIZE]

After the episode, Patchy attempts to play it again but doesn't know how to play it. He and Potty press a lot of buttons on the remote but the tape wears out and comes pouring out of the player, causing Patchy to get tangled in it. The episode ends with the narrator saying to the viewers that the Sponge Who Could Fly episode is NOW lost forever and tells the viewers to get lost.

Okay, the truth is, I don’t necessarily hate it, but I don’t like it either. While there were some humorous moments, and the ending was good, there were some boring parts, but what I hated the most is how AWFUL the Bikini Bottomites were in this one. Taking advantage of Spongebob, not allowing him to have his own fun for THEIR own selfish gain, and then leaving him to DIE after he got injured is a big no-no as far as I’m concerned. I heard at one point that this was supposed to be the series finale originally. Let me tell you that THANK GOD this wasn’t. If it was, I would’ve been pretty ticked off, as while this special can get pretty good at some points, it can also get incredibly abysmal at other points. Thank god Spongebob at least got a good ending. If it hadn’t been for that, then this would’ve been the WORST special of the series and it probably would’ve been on my Bottom Ten, maybe even in my bottom 5! Like I said, thank god they gave Spongebob a good ending. While the ending was good, the songs were good, and there were some pretty funny moments here and there, I think it’s safe to say that this is easily one of the worst episodes of Season 3, as well as one of the worst from the Pre-Movie Era.

Hint for Number 18: Memories. Memories everywhere… in the form of household junk

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Milkmaidman said:
Cool reviews and cool review style.
Thank you. :) As you can see, my reviews (and my speeches) are actually starting to become longer and more detailed, making for bigger explainations as to why I like/dislike an episode. I think my reviewing skills, as well as my way of talking have started to become better and better ever since I first came here.

Sweat

Banished
18 is Sentimental Sponge.
Either way, I absolutely hate A Sponge Who Could Fly. Meanspiritedness all around, and it isn't at all pleasant.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
The Sponge Who Could Fly is so boring I honestly never thought about how mean-spirited it is, which is kind of funny considering how much mean-spiritedness usually bothers me.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Best part about Sponge Who Could Fly were the walk cycles on SpongeBob and the Patchy scenes. That was about it. The rest was pretty meh.
Yes, the walk cycles were great, and Patchy's reaction afterwards actually made me laugh! That's saying something, I usually detest Patchy scenes. Besides that, this episode just puts me to sleep.

Sweat

Banished
HarryPotterLives said:
Yes, the walk cycles were great, and Patchy's reaction afterwards actually made me laugh! That's saying something, I usually detest Patchy scenes. Besides that, this episode just puts me to sleep.
I think that was the only good Patchy scene in ANY SpongeBob episode. Even Christmas Who's Patchy sequence was bland.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Halibut said:
I think that was the only good Patchy scene in ANY SpongeBob episode. Even Christmas Who's Patchy sequence was bland.
Agreed, it was the only time I somewhat enjoyed a Patchy scene.

Back