SBM's Top 25 Worst/Best Spongebob Episodes

Sweat

Banished
I find Truth or Square on the very bad side of 'meh.' It was on the bottom 80 of my worst 100.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
"Eleventy-seventh" is probably a reference to Lord of the Rings, when Bilbo is celebrating his "eleventy-first" birthday. #2geeky4SBM

I quite like Truth or Square, honestly. In a way, I think I'm at an advantage by watching all of these episodes long after they premiered. They weren't hyped for me, so I can't be disappointed. I know of the hype around them thanks to other fans, but since I didn't personally experience the hype I don't have dashed expectations when I watch the episode. I liked the interactions and the flashbacks in Truth or Square, I thought they were really enjoyable, and I don't care about things like the formula not being revealed because I don't think the formula should ever be revealed on the show. I really think it's best kept a mystery. The Spandy wedding tease didn't bother me either. I like Spandy, but I didn't really expect them to make it canon, I don't even think I would have wanted them to necessarily. I sort of suspected that it was some kind of trick, and I actually thought it was a funny trick? It seemed like a playful "haha, gotcha" from the writers, who by now must be aware of what a popular ship Spandy is. I personally like it when writers tease their fans. Not in a malicious way, but in an affectionate, playful way. I guess some people took it the wrong way, but I don't think it was malevolent at all.

The main thing I didn't like about TOS was the Patchy scenes. I'm not a fan of Patchy. If they'd kept the focus on SpongeBob and the gang, I would have loved it. As it is, I like it.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Oh no. Not surprised that Truth or Square is on this list and I have to say that I actually like the episode quite a bit. Patrick had some funny lines as usual and even though the plot was a bit idiotic, it all worked out.

Very good special if you ask me.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
TheMysteriousMrEnter called "Truth or Square" "that giant middle finger to anyone that ever gave a damn about SpongeBob" in his review of "The Splinter." I think that's how much outrage there seems to be with regards to this one episode elsewhere.

Sweat

Banished
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
TheMysteriousMrEnter called "Truth or Square" "that giant middle finger to anyone that ever gave a ::dolphin noise:: about SpongeBob" in his review of "The Splinter." I think that's how much outrage there seems to be with regards to this one episode elsewhere.
Well, not exactly. In fact, it's not even close to the most hated SB episode of all time. Top 10 for sure, though.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Halibut said:
Well, not exactly. In fact, it's not even close to the most hated SB episode of all time. Top 10 for sure, though.
Halibut said:
From my observations it would either be "One Coarse Meal" and "Atlantis Squarepantis." I've been very reluctant to watch the latter.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
From my observations it would either be "One Coarse Meal" and "Atlantis Squarepantis." I've been very reluctant to watch the latter.
In my opinion, Atlantis Squarepantis isn't that bad. It's far from great, but it's decent enough I'd say. It's another episode that I think gets unfairly judged because of how hyped it was. Then again, I watched with anti-hype (let's pretend that's a thing). Everyone kept saying how awful it was so I went into it expecting something bad and was surprised when I couldn't find anything that wrong with it. It's never a good idea to watch something with expectations set too high or too low, it really effects your outlook on the episode. Anyway, I would say give Atlantis Squarepantis a chance.

Sweat

Banished
Truth or Square was a giant disappointment festival. It was on my bottom 100 101, but I find it more disappointing than bad.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
Truth or Square was way too gimmicky and disappointing for someone actually expecting to get some secrets about this show (although, did you really think they would reveal the formula or make Spandy a canon ship?) and the Patchy parts ran for a bit too long and were kind of stupid (at least that scurvy song was decent), but I still found the special to have a decent story and some good jokes despite that.

Sweat

Banished
SpongeyKid said:
I see a lot of people writing canon and I still don't know what that is. What is canon anyways?
Canon means an ideal situation created by fans and then made official. This can go with any TV show.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
SpongeyKid said:
I see a lot of people writing canon and I still don't know what that is. What is canon anyways?

Halibut said:
Canon means an ideal situation created by fans and then made official. This can go with any TV show.
Actually, no. That's fanon. Canon is the ideas that the creators and writers of a show put into that show.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Time to update this countdown!

[SIZE=48pt]#20[/SIZE]
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=A%2B%2FgHAZwBefuVk%2BOhNMDwQVAAelrCNJXOZryIu4G4Cg%3D

Another Season 5 episode on the list, huh? Well, let’s take a crack at this episode and get this done!

The episode starts off with SpongeBob dreaming that he is a strong, muscular man who is trying to beat a super villain named Jack M. Crazyfish at his own game to save a woman tied to the train tracks (actually with a game of rock, paper, scissors). SpongeBob eventually jumps in from of the train but just as it is about to hit him he wakes up.

Spongebob goes to the bathroom to try to open a toothpaste bottle, but he gets a black eye. How, exactly? Well, he tries to open the toothpaste cap with his hands, but it doesn’t work. So, he uses a wrench to open it, which actually gets the cap off and on the floor. And then he accidentally slips on it and then hits his eye right on the wrench! God, that’s gotta hurt!

And so, for most of the episode, to avoid looking like a complete buffoon, Spongebob basically acts all tough and arrogant, and he lies to everyone about his injury by telling a story of how he fought the arch villain, Jack M. Crazyfish, causing him to get a black eye. And each story he tells gets absolutely ridiculous, as each time he tells it, it’s completely different, and it makes even less sense than before.

Now here’s the climax. Spongebob tells yet another crazy story, even adding in a part when Crazyfish starts crying like a baby in defeat. However, Jack M. Crazyfish (who is REAL!) arrives at the Krusty Krab, which makes SpongeBob tell the truth, giving himself another black eye in the process. But, it turns out that Crazyfish just came to the Krusty Krab because he heard SpongeBob makes good Krabby Patties. At the end, after accidentally throwing the food into Crazyfish's face, they play a game of rock, paper, scissors (because where Crazyfish comes from it's how they settle arguements). Crazyfish then cheats in the game to win, causing Spongebob to scream, ending the episode.

Now what do I think of it? Well, I really don’t think it’s that bad. While Spongebob’s arrogance does bother me a little (it reminds me of his annoying arrogance in As Seen On TV and Musclebob Buffpants), I found his weird and crazy stories pretty funny, despite the fact that he seems to be all wishy washy when it comes to telling the story.

Also, I found Jack M. Crazyfish kind of funny.

Jack M. Crazyfish: “Sorry” don’t cut it. We settle arguments in a different kind of way… the ancient duel known as ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS! See? I even got me own card!

jack_m__crazyfish_yu_gi_oh_card_by_pokemariofan14-d512x4s.jpg

(If you want to, you can use this card to cheat during the rock-paper-scissors portion of the duel! XD )

Ahem, anyways I can understand why many people hate it, but personally, I found it to be a pretty amusing episode, despite its ridiculousness and Spongebob’s arrogance.

Hint for Number 19: Dreams do come true, as long as there are no jerks to ruin them

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Award said:
I kind of like it
and uh 19: Im wrong but the only one I can think of is Squid's enchanted tiki land
or else it's cephelapod (spelling error I know) lodge
Cephalopod was on my original list, so it's not that. And Enchanted Tiki Dreams is not on the countdown.

Back