Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
The Drifter said:
I really hope they would release the cereal in Indonesia.
I don't care that people would think I'm weird for buying SpongeBob cereal because fudge them, and fudge their parent and their future descendants. I like SpongeBob and nobody can stop me (except god).
SpongeBob is for Everyone

hfjs

SpongeBobfan1987 said:
I most certainly agree. SpongeBob SquarePants is a cartoon for the whole family, not just the kids.
I also agree.

The Drifter said:
I really hope they would release the cereal in Indonesia.
I don't care that people would think I'm weird for buying SpongeBob cereal because fudge them, and fudge their parent and their future descendants. I like SpongeBob and nobody can stop me (except god).
People who have the time to judge people over an effin Sponge clearly are too insecure about themselves so I wouldn't worry ;)

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
President Squidward said:
Okay, so...
The Movie is in a year 1/2 months... I don't think I could make it.
We need to be patient, now that we all know that The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2 comes out Valentines Day weekend 2015.
Until then, we can celebrate SpongeBob SquarePants' 15th Anniversary, watch some new SpongeBob episodes, and enjoy looking back on some great SpongeBob SquarePants moments.

hfjs

SpongeBobfan1987 said:
We need to be patient, now that we all know that The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2 comes out Valentines Day weekend 2015.
Until then, we can celebrate SpongeBob SquarePants' 15th Anniversary, watch some new SpongeBob episodes, and enjoy looking back on some great SpongeBob SquarePants moments.
And lose our minds waiting.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Job postings for character animators and character rigger.

Iloura Film is currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Character Animators.

The next Sponge Bob Square Pants feature film from Paramount Studios involves creating those beloved Sponge Bob characters in 3D and we are keen to hear from you if you have the following attributes:

* Experience in 3D Animated Features
* Strong cartoon style keyframing ability.
* Be able to conform to a specific animation style.
* Strong understanding of Timing and Posing
* Minimum 3-years production experience in the film or television industry
* Be proficient in Maya
* Have a proactive and problem solving attitude
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Work well within a team environment
Iloura Film is currently recruiting for experienced Character Riggers.

The next Sponge Bob Square Pants feature film from Paramount Studios involves creating those beloved Sponge Bob characters in 3D and we are keen to hear from you if you have the following attributes:

* Prior experience working on character animated feature films is essential.
* Must be able to create flexible animation rigs and dynamically alter them as the project dictates.
* Must be able to work closely with modellers to create highly deformable rigs.
* A sculptural, modelling background is a must.
* Facial rigging experience is essential.
* Have a proactive and problem solving attitude.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Work well within a team environment.

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
* Be proficient in Maya
Iloura Film is currently recruiting for experienced Character Riggers.

Please just be part of a small segment of the movie,
Please just be part of a small segment of the movie! :wetpaint:

SandTaro05 said:

I'm with you on this one, I truly wish they would just keep their animation the way it is :(

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SandTaro05 said:

Looking at their filmography, most of the work they have done seems to be visual effects or animation in a live action environment (Charlotte's Web, Where The Wild Things Are), so maybe they will just use this animation style for the live action background part. Though that would look terribly inconsistent because they were 2D in the real world in the first movie.

Or maybe they don't mean 3D characters in the way that we're thinking (Dreamworks style). In the future plans for SpongeBob flyer they say “unique art style combines 3D with CG animation”. What is this unique art style? Maybe it will be something we haven't seen before, not just SpongeBob as if he was in a Madagascar movie. Remember the paramount screening thing? They mentioned “CGI-like” animation was used in the teaser. Was that some kind of teaser about the actual animation style?

I'm trying not to make any judgements about the animation without seeing a single image. But I so badly wanted this movie to be traditionally animated like the first one, so I can't help but worry a little. ._.

Thatcutelittlesponge555

This is great! But i hope they dont mess it up TOO bad, i like Spongebob, but it would be really awesome if they made it like the older spongebob instead of the new one.

Supmandude

Squog
Oh God, I hope the CG is only for the live action scenes. :( I honestly really liked the way the combined 2D animation with the live action environments in the first movie and I honestly thought it was combined even better than something like Roger Rabbit but, if they are doing CG animation at all I guess I'd prefer it to only be for the live action scenes. =/

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I really hope that it's not in 3D for the whole film, I don't mind if they become 3D for the live-action segments, but I'm really hoping they'll keep the traditional 2D animation for the underwater scenes

kev

innit
Does anyone remember the trailer for the first one where Patrick & SpongeBob were running and SpongeBob slipped on a french fry? Maybe it's that kind of animation.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
E.V.I.L said:
I did watch it on TV when I was younger. I've been banned from the show ever since early 2012.
Wait, your parents actually banned you from watching SpongeBob? Why?

President Squidward said:
Okay, so...
The Movie is in a year 1/2 months... I don't think I could make it.
This is why we have other TV shows, the Internet and LIFE to spend the rest of our time. :p

SandTaro05 said:

Oh, God, seriously? *flips table* They're really going to CG some of this movie? Unless if it's the massive fight between BubbleBud and E.V.I.L, I'm not sure if I'll be okay with this.

SBManiac!!!!!! said:
Wait, your parents actually banned you from watching SpongeBob? Why?

Oh, God, seriously? *flips table* They're really going to CG some of this movie? Unless if it's the massive fight between BubbleBud and E.V.I.L, I'm not sure if I'll be okay with this.
To your question, they think it's going to make me gay @_@

And me and BubbleBud would so make an amazing CGI scene, just sayin :coolio:

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
DadMom AngryPants said:
Looking at their filmography, most of the work they have done seems to be visual effects or animation in a live action environment (Charlotte's Web, Where The Wild Things Are), so maybe they will just use this animation style for the live action background part. Though that would look terribly inconsistent because they were 2D in the real world in the first movie.
Exactly!

Or maybe they don't mean 3D characters in the way that we're thinking (Dreamworks style). In the future plans for SpongeBob flyer they say “unique art style combines 3D with CG animation”. What is this unique art style? Maybe it will be something we haven't seen before, not just SpongeBob as if he was in a Madagascar movie. Remember the paramount screening thing? They mentioned “CGI-like” animation was used in the teaser. Was that some kind of teaser about the actual animation style?

I'm trying not to make any judgements about the animation without seeing a single image. But I so badly wanted this movie to be traditionally animated like the first one, so I can't help but worry a little. ._.
I forgot they said that...hmm...I wonder if they're aiming for something similar to the "Paperman" short. That's still CGI, but the 2D elements used in the short made it seem traditional at first. Whatever the style is, I guess it won't be too bad. "CGI like" sounds interesting, but I really wanted this movie to have the same look as the first. I love it when 2D characters interact with a real 3D world. It makes them even more believable.

SBRoxMan said:
I really hope that it's not in 3D for the whole film, I don't mind if they become 3D for the live-action segments, but I'm really hoping they'll keep the traditional 2D animation for the underwater scenes
They probably are going to use 3D when the characters are in the real environment...or maybe it will be for some sort of dream sequence, I wouldn't mind that, but there's a low possibility of it happening.

If the underwater scenes aren't in 2D...I don't know what I'd do with myself. 8|

Bill Cipher said:
Does anyone remember the trailer for the first one where Patrick & SpongeBob were running and SpongeBob slipped on a french fry? Maybe it's that kind of animation.
Video?

Unless if it's the massive fight between BubbleBud and E.V.I.L, I'm not sure if I'll be okay with this.

Now this in CGI, I have no problem with. I'd buy tickets in a heartbeat. xD

E.V.I.L said:
To your question, they think it's going to make me gay @_@

:facepalm: What do they let you watch then?

Back