Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

AtomicBlast360

OH. MY. GOD. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! I remember seeing the Spongebob movie when I was 5 and I have now seen every spongebob episode to this date! I am a huge fan, and finnaly 2 new movies to see in 2014 Spongebob and Godzilla!!! :w00t:

Pinhead Larry

The Fountain of Squidward
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern I
I will not watch it if you mention it in the podcast.
Except I won't listen to the podcast...
OH. MY. GOD. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! I remember seeing the Spongebob movie when I was 5 and I have now seen every spongebob episode to this date! I am a huge fan, and finnaly 2 new movies to see in 2014 Spongebob and Godzilla!!! :w00t:

Man, don't get too excited

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
From Nick's 2012 upfront presentation. Would have been nice to see some actual footage but this solitary picture is the best I could find. It came from the webpage of the people who designed the PowerPoint slides for the event.

upfront1.jpg

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
They filmed last year's upfront didn't they? I saw footage of Kenan introducing the 90s are All That block.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
From Nick's 2012 upfront presentation. Would have been nice to see some actual footage but this solitary picture is the best I could find. It came from the webpage of the people who designed the PowerPoint slides for the event.

upfront1.jpg

Lol somehow this has got me even more excited for the new movie! :D With Stephen Hillenburg working on it, I'm sure it will be just as good as the first movie. :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
A couple of updates.

Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, who wrote "Kung Fu Panda 2", will be writers for the untitled Spongebob sequel. Mary Parent will produce. Paul Tibbitt will direct and Hillenburg will exec produce (as we already knew).

I've not personally seen KFP2 but it seemed to be well received by critics and has a score of 81% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is good. Therefore, although I'm apprehensive about non-crew members writing for the movie, I'm confident that it's in good hands.

So, yeah. I'm even more excited about this movie now. There seems to be a nice mix of familiar faces and new blood.

Cha

I love SBM
Thanks for the information DadMom. I saw KP2 once, but from what I remember it was pretty good. I actually kind of like the writers, they have experience with KP2 and I like that.

KP2 got an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes?! That's a kids movie, and to most critics, kids movie automatically means bad movie, with those few critically acclaimed kids movies. :P

KP2 got an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes?! That's a kids movie, and to most critics, kids movie automatically means bad movie, with those few critically acclaimed kids movies. :P

But some kids movies are very, very bad. Ah well, at least Kung Fu Panda 2 was good. Surprised, sequels are pretty rotten tomatoes. :rofl2:

But some kids movies are very, very bad. Ah well, at least Kung Fu Panda 2 was good. Surprised, sequels are pretty rotten tomatoes. :rofl2:

Yeah, that's another surprise, sequel getting a good score? :P

Well, I can tell you, the kids movie ZOOM is by far, one of THE WORST :DOLPHIN NOISE:ING MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED IN MY WHOLE 13 YEARS OF LIVING.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
......What an odd decision. I mean....Just dang. Kung Fu Panda 2 is one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory, and I now have no doubt the movie will be greatly written, but.... I do sorta wish that the show's crew got a chance to write for this. The first movie was a chance to let Stephen, Tim Hill, Derek Drymon, Aaron Springer, Kent Osbourne and Paul Tibbitt prove that their years of television writing were gonna pay off. I bet with the right crew this time around, the movie could've worked well (a team consisting of Steve, Luke Brookshier, Aaron Springer, Paul Tibbitt, Vincent Waller, Sean Charmatz and maybe Zeus Cervas or Casey Alexander could've worked especially well), but eh. You get what you get, I guess. It just must feel like such a kick in the teeth to the current crew though.

But, as I said before, KFP2 was a swag-tastic movie, and I can't wait to see what these writers can bring to the sequel. I'm pretty excited as well! Kung Fu Panda was excellently written, and it was emotional and smart, too. I wonder how these new dudes will handle the Bikini Bottom gang? Who knows. I'm excited to find out, though.

......What an odd decision. I mean....Just dang. Kung Fu Panda 2 is one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory, and I now have no doubt the movie will be greatly written, but.... I do sorta wish that the show's crew got a chance to write for this. The first movie was a chance to let Stephen, Tim Hill, Derek Drymon, Aaron Springer, Kent Osbourne and Paul Tibbitt prove that their years of television writing were gonna pay off. I bet with the right crew this time around, the movie could've worked well (a team consisting of Steve, Luke Brookshier, Aaron Springer, Paul Tibbitt, Vincent Waller, Sean Charmatz and maybe Zeus Cervas or Casey Alexander could've worked especially well), but eh. You get what you get, I guess. It just must feel like such a kick in the teeth to the current crew though.

But, as I said before, KFP2 was a swag-tastic movie, and I can't wait to see what these writers can bring to the sequel. I'm pretty excited as well! Kung Fu Panda was excellently written, and it was emotional and smart, too. I wonder how these new dudes will handle the Bikini Bottom gang? Who knows. I'm excited to find out, though.

Swag is overrated. KFP2 was better than that. :P

It is kind of unfortunate the people who, ya know, make the episodes don't get to write the movie, but what happens will happen. I'll still watch it.

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Admittedly, I should re-watch the first Kung Fu Panda. I hated it when I first saw it.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I forgot to mention this, but the main reason I'm not particularly upset about the current crew not writing for the movie is that now they can keep on writing regular episodes for the show. So we'll have a team writing regular episodes and a team writing the movie, and hopefully there'll be no need for a hiatus and the movie won't impact the episode quality in any way.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Well although not all the people working on the movie are SpongeBob staff, I guess it's sorta good news. The current SB staff are improving episode quality, like DadMom said, writing a movie might be difficult for them. At least this will make working on the series and movie at the same time easier :)

Back