Every Episode of SpongeBob Reviewed: A Video Series

Pieguyrulz said:
Yikes. Glad I decided to not be a regular around here anymore.
If people can't handle an unpopular opinion, that's their problem, not yours. People are too sensitive in this day and age. You keep doing what you do best :thumbsup:

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
BrutalWreckage said:
1. Yes, episode consensus does change over time. We're not talking about changes within years or after some thought, though, we're talking several months later after the episode premiered when it just suddenly changed to people outright despising the episode. The argument being made here is that the change is so rapid and seems a bit forced, given the fact that before November there really wasn't any Season 10 episode that had too much infamy.
Sportz was always called bland and it slowly gained a few people who outright despise it, and most have announced their hate at completely different time periods, me multiple pages in the episode discussion before Slug (and I even hated it at the first airing), another person over time, and someone else who waited until SBC's Top 50 worst episodes list only a few months ago to reveal it as their 4th worst. There is no indications of us all choosing to gang up on a random season 10 episode whatsoever, the timings don't match up, the fact that we chose only one episode instead of the entire season to hate makes no sense, and other episodes in season 10 like Krusty Katering were not liked at first release either.

BrutalWreckage said:
2. I'm not lying about anything. Several people have complained about Sportz having weird animation errors like the names on the box for instance. And I just listed that one complaint because I don't feel like writing a goddamn essay about a SpongeBob episode, especially since the rest just mostly comes down to interpretation. You either like the slapstick or hate the slapstick, like the character's portrayals or hate them, etc.
The thing is that there is no possible way for that to be an animation error. Animation errors are completely unintentional things like accidental miscolorings, the names on the box do not fall into such lines. The box had the name explicitly on there in the beginning, had the names there for Sandy to eventually discover, and had the name clearly facing the audience for the entire 30 second plus long scene. That is not an animation error, that falls into writing and direction, which are the episode's main issues with the detractors.

BrutalWreckage said:
3. What honest criticism? Not one person I have seen outside of these forums agrees that these posts are anything more than pettiness over Pieguy simply disagreeing with the general consensus on an episode. Oh, so you hate the fact that Pieguy got so bored of Lost and Found that he looked at the backgrounds? Such a huge problem!
There are episode topics on here and SBC, the SpongeBob Wikia comments and discussion pages, and an entire entry on SBC's worst episode of 2018 list where Sportz was ranked the 30th worst episode of the show via the format. I would link to them myself, but I think there may be stray curse words and I do not wish to get in trouble for directly linking to what could be considered innappropriate content on SBM, so you will have to look for those yourself.

BrutalWreckage said:
And again, they are petty jokes that serve no purpose other than to show how upset you are at one person's opinion. Also, don't get into irreleveancies. My username and profile pic changes have nothing to do with the conversation at hand here.
You are generalizing a specific set of members while also being hypocritical. Your defenses have been irrational, and have been argued against with no actual counterarguments from yourself, as you instead resort to things like calling people "petty"

BrutalWreckage said:
No one's lying about anything here. I'm simply stating arguments that have been made by certain people and explaining why I personally think they're ridiculous.
Says the person still lying and agreeing with the false point about us hating Sportz to gang up on an episode and hating Pieguy's review for reasons that you take completely out of context in order to twist them into your own narratives.

BrutalWreckage said:
I'm not taking this argument seriously anymore anyway. If people want to be this upset and immature over an opinion on a SpongeBob episode, that's their call. I should probably stop replying to these messages since this is all just a waste of breath.
It's not the opinions of Sportz or Pieguy's video, it's his defender's immature and farcical responses to people who have criticized his video. I simply want to clear my name, yet you keep falling back onto your web of lies.

jack_of_all_traids said:
If people can't handle an unpopular opinion, that's their problem, not yours. People are too sensitive in this day and age. You keep doing what you do best :thumbsup:
If someone blatantly lies about you in order to make you and your opinion look bad and uninformed to others, would you honestly take that lying down? I wouldn't because I want at least a basic level of decency and respect that should be expected to everyone yet some users are completely failing to give that.

Let me make this clear if it's genuinely gotten lost: I have no grudges against Pieguy himself. I disagree with his video, but I'd be willing to leave it at that. However, multiple users on here are attempting a clear cut smear campaign against those who disagree with him, all of this intentionally being done behind our backs as well as we aren't regulars on SBM, thus making this a perfect place to talk trash about us without us ever knowing. That didn't happen, but it's still downright scummy. That's what I'm getting so "sensitive" about, and if that's being sensitive then you clearly won't mind if I wrongly mock you elsewhere now.

RDSP

Banished
Ok, looks like I have to come out of my time away from SBM just to have a say here...

BrutalWreckage said:
1. Yes, episode consensus does change over time. We're not talking about changes within years or after some thought, though, we're talking several months later after the episode premiered when it just suddenly changed to people outright despising the episode. The argument being made here is that the change is so rapid and seems a bit forced, given the fact that before November there really wasn't any Season 10 episode that had too much infamy.
Of course opinions on an episode can change in just a few months' time, I wouldn't say it's uncommon. Just some people dislike this episode more than others, and I'd recommend that you don't go after them for that. I myself don't really hold a candle to Sportz that much, I think it's a very poorly structured episode with bad writing. But to each their own...

BrutalWreckage said:
2. I'm not lying about anything. Several people have complained about Sportz having weird animation errors like the names on the box for instance. And I just listed that one complaint because I don't feel like writing a goddamn essay about a SpongeBob episode, especially since the rest just mostly comes down to interpretation. You either like the slapstick or hate the slapstick, like the character's portrayals or hate them, etc.
LMAO do you really think the name being on the box is an "animation error"? Why else would they put Sandy's name on the box? Guess major details are "animation errors" now. Also, while it took me a while to figure it out, this episode is broken enough for it to deserve having an essay written about it. Sure, it may depend on one's opinion about the slapstick, but it is a mistake to use just slapstick as the only source of "comedy".

BrutalWreckage said:
3. What honest criticism? Not one person I have seen outside of these forums agrees that these posts are anything more than pettiness over Pieguy simply disagreeing with the general consensus on an episode. Oh, so you hate the fact that Pieguy got so bored of Lost and Found that he looked at the backgrounds? Such a huge problem! And again, they are petty jokes that serve no purpose other than to show how upset you are at one person's opinion. Also, don't get into irreleveancies. My username and profile pic changes have nothing to do with the conversation at hand here.
But the thing is, the reasons he gave for liking the episode are so out there that it was a guarantee that they would be memed somehow. By the ways, it's nice to see that you're complaining about others getting "upset" at someone's opinion and yet you're getting upset over opinions yourself.

BrutalWreckage said:
No one's lying about anything here. I'm simply stating arguments that have been made by certain people and explaining why I personally think they're ridiculous.

I'm not taking this argument seriously anymore anyway. If people want to be this upset and immature over an opinion on a SpongeBob episode, that's their call. I should probably stop replying to these messages since this is all just a waste of breath.
Well, that's on you. If you think disagreement with opinions is "ridiculous", then alright. If I were to disagree with your opinion, apparently that's ridiculous despite how everyone has differing opinions. But oh well, if you're going to see that as such, then I can't stop you. Feel free to call this criticism "ridiculous" all you want, but would it really help your case? And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I'm coming back from not posting (outside of the troll posts in august) since July to argue against this.
BrutalWreckage said:
Episode consensus can still change within a few months. Even upon one rewatch, I notice either flaws or strengths I didn't notice before in episodes, or enjoy an episode more, or enjoy it less, and thats from one rewatch. I'm sure others feel the same. Also, some episodes's have become more or less hated in that time. Remember when Cuddle E Huggs was considered the worst season 11 episode? Just two months later and I never heard about it very much. And thats just one example. The change wasn't forced at all, people legitimately hate the episode for real reasons, and aren't just trying to target an episode. When does anyone just target a specific episode for no reason? I believe Trophy has already argued against this, but either way, nobody ever just decides to hate an episode for no reason other to hate an episode. Ad if people wanted to gang up against an episode anyway, they would have done it before Sportz in the first place, seeing as Sportz was the fourth last episode to premiere from the season. The season alreafdy had hated or at least non-liked episodes from before.... Out Of The Picture, Patrick's Coupon, Code Yellow, Krusty Katering, Snooze You Lose (though not anymore, but was disliked back then), Whirlybrains, and Plankton Retires were all pretty disliked, and if people wanted to target a season 10 episode, they would've done it by then. Also, many people have explained their thoughts on why Sportz is awful. I can give you my own arguments against it if needed, and I'm sure multiple others would explain it too.

BrutalWreckage said:
The box isn't even an animation error though. It was the writers's inability to figure out a way to tell people that it the box was supposed to go to Sandy's, with it plainly obvious, yet not knowing how to make Spongebob and Patrick not see it, even though this could of been easily fixed. So they make Spongebob and Patrick not look at that side and assume there's no name anywhere, which is annoyingly stupid and shows just how horribly structured the episode's plot is. It's not an animation error at all.

And you'd think someone who takes pride (to the point of even changing their username) in their ability to destroy people in debates (even though nothing but the opposite has been shown so far) would be able to make essays on their argument, even if it's about a spongebob episode.

BrutalWreckage said:
3. What honest criticism? Not one person I have seen outside of these forums agrees that these posts are anything more than pettiness over Pieguy simply disagreeing with the general consensus on an episode. Oh, so you hate the fact that Pieguy got so bored of Lost and Found that he looked at the backgrounds? Such a huge problem! And again, they are petty jokes that serve no purpose other than to show how upset you are at one person's opinion. Also, don't get into irreleveancies. My username and profile pic changes have nothing to do with the conversation at hand here.
Who exactly has agreed that this is anything more than pettiness? Especially considering we aren't even better petty, we're simply making jokes, and you try to make it look like we're being petty and getting mad over someone's opinions and disrespecting them even though that's not what we did at all. If anything, you're the one being petty by doing this. None of us are upset over his opinion, or disrespecting it. We're simply making jokes based on it. Also, Pieguy literally said in his Lost and Found review something along the lines of "I just got distracted by the backgrounds" after he said the episode was scumbob. We're not twisting his words like you try to make it sound like we are, he literally exactly said the backgrounds were distracting i n his review, and he never said they were a problem because he was bored of the episode.

BrutalWreckage said:

Also, that sucks to hear. Hopefully Pie can get out of this situation.
Again, we're not being upset or immature about a spongebob opinion. If anyone, you're the one who's being immature about us hating Sportz, by trying to say we're being petty and disrespecting his opinion when we never even did that.

I know my post sucked but whatever.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
In this thread: people have a brawl about what they think of some guy's opinion on cartoon episodes.
It used to be peaceful discussion where varying opinions weren’t that controversial (Don’t like Back to the Past? Can totally see where you’re coming from), but everything changed when the fire nation [Season 10, 11 and soon 12] attacked.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Wow, so many salty people...

I really don't get why a lot of 'Sportz?' haters are getting so upset. It's his opinion, and plus, he didn't say the episode was amazing anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is. Plus, if you disagree with his opinion on any episode, just make your own video or blog about you making your own opinions on episodes. I personally think PieGuy did a great job with the Season 10 video, because yes, there are some things I didn't agree with (Lost and Found and MermaidPants), but he talked for minutes about why he liked certain episodes, or disliked certain episodes. If you're going to reply to this post, don't start any drama, please, I really don't wanna argue.

Like some people here, I feel really sorry for PieGuy, because it seems like some want to bash him. If you don't agree with him, just move on, accept his opinions, or make your own opinions. It's not that deep. You don't have to agree with him at all.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
LARRY22 said:

I really don't get why a lot of 'Sportz?' haters are getting so upset. It's his opinion, and plus, he didn't say the episode was amazing anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is. Plus, if you disagree with his opinion on any episode, just make your own video or blog about you making your own opinions on episodes. I personally think PieGuy did a great job with the Season 10 video, because yes, there are some things I didn't agree with (Lost and Found and MermaidPants), but he talked for minutes about why he liked certain episodes, or disliked certain episodes. If you're going to reply to this post, don't start any drama, please, I really don't wanna argue.

Like some people here, I feel really sorry for PieGuy, because it seems like some want to bash him. If you don't agree with him, just move on, accept his opinions, or make your own opinions. It's not that deep. You don't have to agree with him at all.
Have you been paying attention to the previous few pages? None of us "beefers" were upset with Pieguy, we just didn't like his video, found it hypocritical, and thought some arguments were poorly made. We all left it at that except for Klu who politely voiced his concerns with the video, and none of us got angry until Nicko made that dumb post given that we have stayed off the forums until that post made us need to defend ourselves.

I'll tell you right freakin' now, I was fine leaving things alone until then. However, that was by all definitions a blatant character attack and slander against us, people who Nicko never even spoke to before, because he was an overreactive Pieguy fan who made even poorer points to defend his video by just calling us "triggered". That's what actually got people angry, and came here to defend ourselves from the lies. By saying this, you're just as big of a part of the issue that's been going on, acting like people are up in arms because Pieguy likes Sportz WHICH ISN'T EVEN THE ISSUE AT ALL IF YOU PAID ATTENTION TO THE CONTEXT OF WHEN WE JOINED IN THE ARGUMENT, ONLY AFTER THAT DUMB FARCE OF A POST!

By making this statement, you are directly saying "I'm fine with wrongfully attacking people's character and going to a hivemind about it! I'll actually support that by joining in on the fun!" which sickens me beyond belief.

You aren't sorry for Pieguy at all, because if you were truly supportive of him then you'd realize that nobody here is bashing him as a person because someone who truly cares would actually look into the details of the scenario at hand. You only feel sorry for the sad mirage of a situation that your mind concocted to support Nicko's slander.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
LARRY22 said:

i hate sportz but i am not salty i would be a hypocrite if i was considering all the weird opinions i have also we weren't getting salty it was just spongenicko acted like we were insulting pieguy so we came on sbm to tell him that we were not he even did that when most of us hardly even use sbm anymore

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Okay I regret my post, but still, I think that the Season 10 video was pretty good, despite different opinions on certain episodes. But yeah, me using the word 'salty' was a bit of a stretch, so I'm really sorry if I insulted anyone, that wasn't my intention.

Back