182a. Little Yellow Book

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
Eh, this episode's okay. Nothing particularly special about it, but I did hope that they would have touched upon something during this episode, but looking back now, I can see that my expectations were a bit too high. Tch.

And once again, Sandy did not appear. New episodes, I'm watching you closely.

cwn

Porous Freak
Eh, this episode's okay. Nothing particularly special about it, but I did hope that they would have touched upon something during this episode, but looking back now, I can see that my expectations were a bit too high. Tch.

And once again, Sandy did not appear. New episodes, I'm watching you closely.
Sandy is overused. I do not want to see her anymore because they're making her perfect.

SpongeShine

Bomb-Selling Pirate
To be honest, this episode wasn't really that good, but it's not bad either. I really thought Squidward was a jerk in this episode, and it was mean of him to read SpongeBob's embarrassing secrets to everyone, not to mention he never apologized to poor SpongeBob! The ending wasn't too good either. I'll give this a 6.5/10.

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I loved this, though it was a bit overhyped. It felt like a lesser Season 3 episode.

PROS:
  • Old Man Jenkins in every scene he was in
  • Spongebob's description of the morning
  • The part where he dances in his underwear and we finally see that he has an undershirt
  • Patrick's parts
  • Officer Nancy and the Paper guy returning
  • Mr. Krabs not being a jerk
CONS:
  • Pacing seemed a little weird
  • Didn't get to see SB's personal diary
This episode felt like a combination of Grandma's Kisses and Fools In April/Funny Pants. I give it a 7/10

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
cwn said:
Sandy is overused. I do not want to see her anymore because they're making her perfect.
How is Sandy overused if she's only been in TWO Season 9 episodes so far? Jeez, even Gary's been in more episodes than her. And define "perfect"? Are you saying it's better to be greedy (Mr. Krabs) than to be prideful (Sandy)? It's not like she's a jerk about it.

And if you don't want to see her anymore, what would you have them do? Drown her? Send her back to Texas, never to be seen again?

AlexaStar said:
How is Sandy overused if she's only been in TWO Season 9 episodes so far? Jeez, even Gary's been in more episodes than her. And define "perfect"? Are you saying it's better to be greedy (Mr. Krabs) than to be prideful (Sandy)? It's not like she's a jerk about it.

And if you don't want to see her anymore, what would you have them do? Drown her? Send her back to Texas, never to be seen again?

Amen.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Wow this is the first episode a character tells his or her secrets

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked the part when squidward feels bad about reading spongebob's diary.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Web Surfer said:
*coughHENEVERDOEScough*

spongie33 said:
I liked the part when squidward feels bad about reading spongebob's diary.
oh yeah why did he went to spongebob's house to say sorry in the april fools day episode

captaincut

Banished
I watched the episode and my favorite part was when they said that his supula is named fifi

cwn

Porous Freak

Woah, woah, woah. You seem to compare her too much to Krabs. At least Krabs keeps his kind personality in SOME episodes. I don't dislike her in general, but her new attitude is heinous, and I would like them to either:
1. Bring her old personality back. (mainly karate, some science as compared to perfect, can survive anything, and has a science obsession)
2. Decrease her screen time
And yes, I do HATE pride.
Also, you seem to say that Sandy's amount of appearances in dropping. It is INCREASING!!! Do I need to pull out the chart again? She appeared in 107 episodes from seasons 1-8. She appeared the most in season 8. Her amount of appearances in season in total are 5. Seems like too little? Ha, Ha. WRONG. There are only 26 episodes in season 9, making her percentage of season 9
approximately 19%, making it higher than Plankton. Saying "Gary appears more than her in season 9" is technically correct, but he often appears for none more than 10 seconds. You seem to try to defend a character that doesn't need defense. And I have proof:
Planet Of The Jellyfish: She is the only survivor of the attack aside from Spongebob instead of a character such as Patrick, Squidward, or Krabs. Not only that, but she fixes the conflict.
Frozen Face-Off: She survives a deep freeze and unfreezes everyone giving her more annoying screen time.
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: This is the only time she is actually not part of the group that saves the conflict meaning that she became perfect later.
Now what episode is at fault? Karate Island. Not only did it over-hype Sandy's powers changing what we know about the characters, it got that #1 spot on The Best Day Ever Marathon, influencing the writers than Sandy is liked that way. Because of this, (bottom line) I NO LONGER LIKE SANDY.

Cha

I love SBM
I kind of agree with cwn. She has had a lot of screen time in the past two seasons. I didn't really like her in Frozen Face Off either.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
After finally seeing this episode, I have to say that it was extremely disappointing. The plot was sort of rushed, the characters weren't likable, and it wasn't very funny. Squidward was sort of a jerk, especially near the ending, but the Bikini Bottomites really overreacted; I mean, Squidward violated the contract of his house by reading SpongeBob's diary? He should have apologized, but it wasn't like he killed someone. I'd give this a 5/10, probably one of my least favorites so far for Season 9. It was no where near as great as Fools in April, although the story line was similar.

Also, another thing that bothered me was that both of SpongeBob's diaries were not yellow. :nono: Misleading title, much?

Back