182a. Little Yellow Book

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I hate this episode. Squidward was a giant jerk for reading SpongeBob's diary and humiliating him in front of everyone! And, it really doesn't make since for him to have a mishap filled day for reading a diary. At the end, it's revealed that the diary Squidward read was just SpongeBob's work diary, but then he reads SpongeBob's personal diary! That was mean! Squidward was far too mean for me to like this episode, not to mention he didn't apologize to poor SpongeBob! 0/10 The worst season 9 episode so far.

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
Squidward acted like a jerk even though he is mean in general I would not expect Squidward to be peeking through diaries it isn't like him but besides that this a fairly good episode! 7/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Oh no... not this episode. -_-
Okay, when Squidward reads the diary. that is wrong, but THE BIKINI BOTTOMITES ARE LAUGHING AT SPONGEBOB, EVEN PATRICK. But then THEY BLAME SQUIDWARD, DO SICKENING THINGS TO HIM AND GAHHHHHHHHH! OKAY, ONE THING I HAVE TO EXPLAIN HERE...

PATRICK READ THE DIARY! BUT THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING MEAN TO HIM!! I BET THEY'RE LIKE... "OH, PATRICK IS DUMB, SO HE MADE A MISTAKE." IT MAKES ME SICK.

WHY DOES EVERYONE IN BIKINI BOTTOM HATE SQUIDWARD?????????????

I (Kind-of) HATE PATRICK, I HATE THE BIKINI BOTTOMITES SO MUCH, AND THAT'S ALL.

1/10

fraroc

Baby Clam
I will never understand why this episode gets so much :dolphin noise: hate. It reminded me so much of Fools In April which is one of my favorite Season 1 episodes. It's a sign that Paul Tibbitt is doing his homework and looking at Stephen's original work. And to all of those saying that Squidward was a bully, need I remind you of the senseless Squidward Abuse that Spongebob and Patrick did during Seasons 4-7? Like the God awful Cephalopod Lodge episode?

8/10 Things really are looking up for Spongebob.

Web Surfer

Banished
fraroc said:
I will never understand why this episode gets so much :dolphin noise: hate. It reminded me so much of Fools In April which is one of my favorite Season 1 episodes. It's a sign that Paul Tibbitt is doing his homework and looking at Stephen's original work. And to all of those saying that Squidward was a bully, need I remind you of the senseless Squidward Abuse that Spongebob and Patrick did during Seasons 4-7? Like the God awful Cephalopod Lodge episode?

8/10 Things really are looking up for Spongebob.
If you need an explanation:

1. Squidward's character was butchered.
2. The Bikini Bottom citizens were hypocrites.
3. Not regarding anything of the past, Spongebob didn't really do anything to receive such hatred from Squidward.
4. Overall disappointing, no signs of any emotional scenes or even humor.

fraroc

Baby Clam
And now some GOOD things about the episode.

1. "Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-(Texan accent) PALAYD?" (acts like a chicken) one of the few new Spongebob scenes that really made me laugh.
2. Spongebob dancing in his underwear.
3. Fifi the spatula. Need I say more?
4. Squidward finally gets back at Spongebob for all those seasons of abuse yet things never work out for poor Squidsy!

Web Surfer

Banished
fraroc said:

1. "Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-(Texan accent) PALAYD?" (acts like a chicken) one of the few new Spongebob scenes that really made me laugh. Funny, I guess.
2. Spongebob dancing in his underwear. Overrated scene.
3. Fifi the spatula. Need I say more? Again, randomness isn't always funny.
4. Squidward finally gets back at Spongebob for all those seasons of abuse yet things never work out for poor Squidsy! Read my original post.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
fraroc, on 04 Jul 2013 - 20:37, said:
fraroc said:

1. "Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-(Texan accent) PALAYD?" (acts like a chicken) one of the few new Spongebob scenes that really made me laugh. Funny, I guess.
2. Spongebob dancing in his underwear. Overrated scene.
3. Fifi the spatula. Need I say more? Again, randomness isn't always funny.
4. Squidward finally gets back at Spongebob for all those seasons of abuse yet things never work out for poor Squidsy! Read my original post.
In my humble opinion, I think NEITHER of them deserved the abuse.

hfjs

This wasn't the best episode. It had high amounts of Squid abuse, which I couldn't let pass.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
There is a lot of hate for this episode on TV.com and I understand why....... SQUIDWARD WAS A TOTAL A******* But even though most people hate it, I actually thought it was great! But it's still gonna be hard to forgive Squidward after this performence by him.......

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
One thing I could have added to my long review (just to conclude it: DO NOT recommend this episodes to any post movie haters who already seem to enjoy SpongeBob again. If they do, they will just quit/lose respect the show forever. :( In conclusion, that was a kind advice I had made about this poorly received episode.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
In this episode, Squidward reads Spongebob's diary and cackles about it! And in the end, when Spongebob forgave Squidward, Squidward decided to be a "donkey" and read SB's PERSONAL diary, which caused Spongebob to cry! And his ending line was no better!

Squidward: Hahaha! I don't care! This is SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!

I absolutely HATED Squidward in this episode. While I do hate Squid abuse, I don't hate it as much as other people do, since they're looking that the guy who basically acted horribly and twisted in episodes like I Was A Teenage Gary, Grandma's Kisses, I Heart Dancing, Naughty Nautical Neighbors, Good Neighbors (his anger was just a little more understandible), WhoBob WhatPants, and THIS episode! When first saw some revies of this episode, I was never looking forward to seeing it. And after I saw it anyway, I was angry! This episode, as well as other episodes, are reasons why I don't feel at all angry at all the Squidward torture fests (except for episodes like Squid Wood and Cephalopod Lodge).

-infinity/10

Amphitrite said:
I hate this episode. Squidward was a giant jerk for reading SpongeBob's diary and humiliating him in front of everyone! And, it really doesn't make since for him to have a mishap filled day for reading a diary. At the end, it's revealed that the diary Squidward read was just SpongeBob's work diary, but then he reads SpongeBob's personal diary! That was mean! Squidward was far too mean for me to like this episode, not to mention he didn't apologize to poor SpongeBob! 0/10 The worst season 9 episode so far.
You are one of the best people to have ever existed <3 ! I agree completely! Poor Spongebob. :( It's episodes like this and WhoBob WhatPants that make me wonder why people are all over sympathetic to Squidward. I can understand being somewhat sympathetic with him in some episodes (namely Cephalopod Lodge, Squid Wood, and Choir Boys), but to me, some of the abuse he gets (like in Boating Buddies, The Thing), he had it coming!

cwn said:
Woah, woah, woah. You seem to compare her too much to Krabs. At least Krabs keeps his kind personality in SOME episodes. I don't dislike her in general, but her new attitude is heinous, and I would like them to either:
1. Bring her old personality back. (mainly karate, some science as compared to perfect, can survive anything, and has a science obsession)
2. Decrease her screen time
And yes, I do HATE pride.
Also, you seem to say that Sandy's amount of appearances in dropping. It is INCREASING!!! Do I need to pull out the chart again? She appeared in 107 episodes from seasons 1-8. She appeared the most in season 8. Her amount of appearances in season in total are 5. Seems like too little? Ha, Ha. WRONG. There are only 26 episodes in season 9, making her percentage of season 9
approximately 19%, making it higher than Plankton. Saying "Gary appears more than her in season 9" is technically correct, but he often appears for none more than 10 seconds. You seem to try to defend a character that doesn't need defense. And I have proof:
Planet Of The Jellyfish: She is the only survivor of the attack aside from Spongebob instead of a character such as Patrick, Squidward, or Krabs. Not only that, but she fixes the conflict.
Frozen Face-Off: She survives a deep freeze and unfreezes everyone giving her more annoying screen time.
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: This is the only time she is actually not part of the group that saves the conflict meaning that she became perfect later.
Now what episode is at fault? Karate Island. Not only did it over-hype Sandy's powers changing what we know about the characters, it got that #1 spot on The Best Day Ever Marathon, influencing the writers than Sandy is liked that way. Because of this, (bottom line) I NO LONGER LIKE SANDY.
argh I totally thought this was NP2002 and was about to rage spam him

good thing I realized this was cwn :P

and other than SpongeFifi's guest appearence, this episodes annoyed me. If anything, I'd choose Dear Vikings over this anyday, at least Dear Vikings has no character abuse. 1/10

squidwardisawesome22 said:
It's pretty okay.

Squidward's kind of a jerk, but overall, Spongebob kind of deserved it because of...
GetAttachment3-1.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Tentacle-Vision.jpg

Good_Neighbors.PNG

Yeah... 6/10.
WHAT? SpongeBob didn't deserve it at all. I know he annoys Squidward and he made Squidward miserable in these episodes that you mentioned but he is not a jerk or mean to Squidward. He just wants to be friends with Squidward. He only made me mad in "Squid's Visit" because he steals Squidward's vacuum cleaner, so Squidward can visit SpongeBob. SpongeBob was way out of character in that episode but he is still a good character. He tried to make Squidward happy in some episodes like "Band Geeks", "House Fancy", "Enchanted Tiki Dreams", "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful", "Love That Squid" and "Are You Happy Now?" (even though Squidward became crazy at the end). He even admitted that he is the only one who made Squidward miserable in "Sponge-cano". Even though SpongeBob annoys Squidward, he is a good person and he didn't desersve this. I really hated Squidward in this episode. He really pissed me off at the end. Patrick and Bikini Bottomies were terrible in this episode too. I don't really understand why people love Squidward so much. He is funny sometimes but he is a jerk in some episodes like this, "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob", "Grandma's Kisses", "A Day Without Tears", "Can You Spare a Dime" and "I Heart Dancing". Squidward is so overrated in my opinion.

Back