182a. Little Yellow Book

thearistocrat

Part Computer or Something
While I was looking to see which episodes that I might like to watch, I came upon this thread. Never have I seen so much rage and butthurt. So analytical and nit picking. Stop applying logic or analyzing character's actions as it's all pointless. Nothing will change. In fact this image sums this thread up.Look at this pitiful ragenerd.

To those who don't mind the episode, good job guy as you're the reason that spongebob will last longer.
Just remember don't be like Donald Duck. He sucks.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Not of a big fan of the execution. It just came across as being too mean spirited. I know there have been times in the series where SpongeBob's been overly annoying or written out of character but I don't think he deserved what he got in this one and Squidward doesn't deserve as much abuse as he's gotten either.The part with SpongeBob acting like a chicken was pretty funny though and if they had made Squidward more likable and human I probably would like liked this more. 5/10

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I think that this episode is underrated. Sure Squidward was a jerk, but that is normal. I felt bad for poor little SpongeBob, though. He did not deserve to be humiliated. Some if it was brought upon himself, though, when you think about it; SpongeBob left his diary in the kitchen for Squidward to read it and showed his other diary to him at the end. Then again, Squidward should not have read SpongeBob's diaries.

There were funny parts, however, like Mr. Krabs having an Afro and SB acting like a chicken and dancing in his underwear. I also thought it was sweet of SB to forgive Squidward.

Rating: 8/10

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is the most mean-spirited and unfunny episode of Season 9. This episode teaches kids that if you upset someone by reading their diary, you don't have to apologize at all. Also what's up with this disgusting quote in this episode:

Patrick: Oh, boy! A ketchup packet! That'll go great on this old diaper.

1/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SpongeBobFan64 said:
This episode is basically a rip-off of Fools in April and Squidward was suprisinly unlikeable in this episode.
I give this episode a 3/10 it's my least favorite Season 9 so far.
I'm glad you agree with me. This is a prime example why I don't like New Spongebob, because most of the episodes are mean-spirited like this one.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
I HATE this episode! Not because Squidward was a jerk but because he didn't learn his lesson at the end of the episode. It's saying "Kids, don't care if anyone is shunning you or throwing tomatoes at your face, it's still okay to read people's diaries."
THAT is a TERRIBLE moral!
4/10

ThePineappleLord

Moby Dollar
This is what Mr. Enter wrote about the episode.

Warning: strong language

mr__enter_s_notebook__little_yellow_book_by_mrenter-d794224.png

I agree with Mr. Enter's opinion 100%

ScumBob

sicko m0de
If it weren't for the ending, I actually would've called this a classic SpongeBob episode, but the ending....oh the ending.
That just killed it for me.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This was like "Fools in April" only much worse.
I'm really not a fan of the mean spirited episodes especially if they are not filled laughs, this episode only had a few minor laughs.
Pretty bad but not the worst I have and the ending ugh, the ending.

4/10

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
He we go....Now, we have seen Squid be cruel to SB (Fools In April) and it is sad. But, he did apologize in Fools in April. Yet, in LYB he didn't, really. He embarrassed him, which was hurtful to watch. And I DIDN'T see or hear an apology. Maybe Squid did, but in a really bad way. Also, Pat laughed at his best friend's secrets. (Ya, great going there.) This episode is just plain unlikeable.

Elimy23

Imitation Krab
I loved this episode! It was fun to watch and I remember laughing a lot, especially at the chicken thing!

I seem to love the episodes everyone else hates, oh well, someone's gotta love em! :myleg:

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I know this has been months since it happened but...

Award said:
how is squidward overrated? HE ALWAYS GETS HURT AND THIS SHOWS WHY! THE BOTTOMITES LOVE THE DIARY BUT THEY TURN ON HIM WHEN THEY FIND OUT WHAT IT IS AND DESTROY SQUIDWARDS LIFE! THEY JUST OVERREACT SB DESERVED IT BECAUSE HE IS WAY TOO OBLIVIOUS WHEN HE ABUSES SQUIDWARD THAT HE DESERVES SOME OF IT TOO SO HE SEES HOW IT FEELS LIKE! Hopefully I speak for every Squidward fan there. 2/10
Okay, maybe we went a bit overboard in the past, but then I can kind of agree with it. The Bikini Bottomites loved reading the diary and then they turned on Squidward for some reason. Did they think it was his in the first place and that's why they were laughing? idk

E.V.I.L said:
how is squidward overrated? HE ALWAYS GETS HURT AND THIS SHOWS WHY! THE BOTTOMITES LOVE THE DIARY BUT THEY TURN ON HIM WHEN THEY FIND OUT WHAT IT IS AND DESTROY SQUIDWARDS LIFE! THEY JUST OVERREACT SB DESERVED IT BECAUSE HE IS WAY TOO OBLIVIOUS WHEN HE ABUSES SQUIDWARD THAT HE DESERVES SOME OF IT TOO SO HE SEES HOW IT FEELS LIKE! Hopefully I speak for every Squidward fan there. 2/10
lolwut

you never EVER give proof or evidence to your argument

He doesn't always get hurt. As SB_DW stated in his last post on the 2nd page, there are TONS, AND TONS, AND TONS, of times SpongeBob has helped Squidward. TONS. TONS. TONS. This is one 11-minute episode in a whole entire aggregate of 289 Squidward appearances. This episode, A Pal for Gary, One Coarse Meal, Gone, etc. have so much abuse, they are COMPLETLEY OUT OF CHARACTER AND YOU CAN'T USE THEM TO GENERALIZE A WHOLE CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SERIES!! Second of all, the Bikini Bottomites turning up on Squidward shouldn't have happened, but how the ::dolphin noise:: is that SPONGEBOB'S fault? He didn't just go and tell the fish to ruin Squidwards' life, now did he?! And SB doesn't deserve abuse because he's oblivious, NO ONE DESERVES ABUSE, well, no one except Squidward. But here's the thing, he's a negative character. Negative characters get the abuse, I"m sorry, but this is how it is both in RL and in TV, he should get MINIMAL, CONTROLLED, abuse. I agree some of the Squid abuse is downright wrong and needs to stop, but it's definitely stopping in the latest seasons so it's very unfair to use this one freaking episode in the latest season as a recap of the whole show. And don't say only Squidward fans will agree with you, because I am a HUGE, HUGE, Squidward fan. And don't tell me "Squidiam" doesn't count, because Squidiam is just for the lulz, and i actually care about BOTH as characters and as a friendship.
Caps lock won't help you that much, buddy.

I will agree that Squidward deserves some abuse because he's the negative character of the show and that SpongeBob doesn't deserve any abuse. But here they went out of control it makes you think that Bikini Bottom is quite a place for unusual punishments. :P I kinda don't get why SpongeBob has a diary, but whatever, I'm not assigning any gender roles here.

We should all accept each other's opinions for this. Some will support Squidward, but don't act rude to them. If they're not going to give evidence or anything, ignore them and let them have their opinion.

You do gotta admit that on TV.com, someone said that "they should kill Squidward and let him rot in h*ll" and "that he should be kicked out of the show" and "he must die" is going too far.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
President Squidward said:
I know this has been months since it happened but...

Okay, maybe we went a bit overboard in the past, but then I can kind of agree with it. The Bikini Bottomites loved reading the diary and then they turned on Squidward for some reason. Did they think it was his in the first place and that's why they were laughing? idk

E.V.I.L said:
lolwut

you never EVER give proof or evidence to your argument

He doesn't always get hurt. As SB_DW stated in his last post on the 2nd page, there are TONS, AND TONS, AND TONS, of times SpongeBob has helped Squidward. TONS. TONS. TONS. This is one 11-minute episode in a whole entire aggregate of 289 Squidward appearances. This episode, A Pal for Gary, One Coarse Meal, Gone, etc. have so much abuse, they are COMPLETLEY OUT OF CHARACTER AND YOU CAN'T USE THEM TO GENERALIZE A WHOLE CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SERIES!! Second of all, the Bikini Bottomites turning up on Squidward shouldn't have happened, but how the ::dolphin noise:: is that SPONGEBOB'S fault? He didn't just go and tell the fish to ruin Squidwards' life, now did he?! And SB doesn't deserve abuse because he's oblivious, NO ONE DESERVES ABUSE, well, no one except Squidward. But here's the thing, he's a negative character. Negative characters get the abuse, I"m sorry, but this is how it is both in RL and in TV, he should get MINIMAL, CONTROLLED, abuse. I agree some of the Squid abuse is downright wrong and needs to stop, but it's definitely stopping in the latest seasons so it's very unfair to use this one freaking episode in the latest season as a recap of the whole show. And don't say only Squidward fans will agree with you, because I am a HUGE, HUGE, Squidward fan. And don't tell me "Squidiam" doesn't count, because Squidiam is just for the lulz, and i actually care about BOTH as characters and as a friendship.
Caps lock won't help you that much, buddy.

I will agree that Squidward deserves some abuse because he's the negative character of the show and that SpongeBob doesn't deserve any abuse. But here they went out of control it makes you think that Bikini Bottom is quite a place for unusual punishments. :P I kinda don't get why SpongeBob has a diary, but whatever, I'm not assigning any gender roles here.

We should all accept each other's opinions for this. Some will support Squidward, but don't act rude to them. If they're not going to give evidence or anything, ignore them and let them have their opinion.

You do gotta admit that on TV.com, someone said that "they should kill Squidward and let him rot in h*ll" and "that he should be kicked out of the show" and "he must die" is going too far.

It's TV.Com, what did you expect?

Back