08a. Sandy's Rocket

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Very meh episode my friends. There were not that many jokes here.

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Sandy's Rocket" is such an interesting episode, because my first impulse when starting this review was to say that I absolutely love this episode. But then upon further consideration, I remembered that there's a whole 3-4 minutes before SpongeBob and Patrick start alien hunting. And, unfortunately, those 3-4 minutes are not SpongeBob Squarepants's best material.

This episode starts off a bit slow. While not unentertaining by any means, it is a bit dull and without many great jokes. I do appreciate that this episode features Sandy again, and starts showing off her scientific side. The part with SpongeBob and Patrick in the rocket ship, before they make it blast off, is fun, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while. Though I will say that the part when SpongeBob and Patrick take off and Sandy wakes up and realizes what's happening always gets a good laugh out of me. Just the sheer doneness she exudes is amazing. Anyway, this episode truly picks up when SpongeBob and Patrick crash land in Bikini Bottom and think that they're surrounded by aliens. That's when the jokes start coming through rapid-fire, and of much higher quality. The part with Squidward is funny even if it does go on for a teeny bit too long. And I quite enjoyed SpongeBob and Patrick turning on each other. I feel like "it's me that's got me" is such a memorable line, but maybe that's just me. I also think this episode has a great stinger ending, a very memorable ending too for an episode that is rather forgotten.

Another thing I like about this episode is that it has a lot of great background art. There aren't many episodes that take place almost entirely at night like this one, so it's nice to see the night art shine.

I think this episode belongs firmly in my "Great" tier, because although the first few minutes are slow enough to be bumped down a tier or two, the remainder of the episode really picks things up and redeems the whole thing in my eyes. This episode is definitely slow, even when it picks up, which isn't everyone's style, but it works well enough for me.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
"Sandy's Rocket" is such an interesting episode, because my first impulse when starting this review was to say that I absolutely love this episode. But then upon further consideration, I remembered that there's a whole 3-4 minutes before SpongeBob and Patrick start alien hunting. And, unfortunately, those 3-4 minutes are not SpongeBob Squarepants's best material.

This episode starts off a bit slow. While not unentertaining by any means, it is a bit dull and without many great jokes. I do appreciate that this episode features Sandy again, and starts showing off her scientific side. The part with SpongeBob and Patrick in the rocket ship, before they make it blast off, is fun, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while. Though I will say that the part when SpongeBob and Patrick take off and Sandy wakes up and realizes what's happening always gets a good laugh out of me. Just the sheer doneness she exudes is amazing. Anyway, this episode truly picks up when SpongeBob and Patrick crash land in Bikini Bottom and think that they're surrounded by aliens. That's when the jokes start coming through rapid-fire, and of much higher quality. The part with Squidward is funny even if it does go on for a teeny bit too long. And I quite enjoyed SpongeBob and Patrick turning on each other. I feel like "it's me that's got me" is such a memorable line, but maybe that's just me. I also think this episode has a great stinger ending, a very memorable ending too for an episode that is rather forgotten.

Another thing I like about this episode is that it has a lot of great background art. There aren't many episodes that take place almost entirely at night like this one, so it's nice to see the night art shine.

I think this episode belongs firmly in my "Great" tier, because although the first few minutes are slow enough to be bumped down a tier or two, the remainder of the episode really picks things up and redeems the whole thing in my eyes. This episode is definitely slow, even when it picks up, which isn't everyone's style, but it works well enough for me.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8/10
''not after your last accident'' - sandy says as she looks to a graveyard

SpongeBob has canonically killed thousands

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Sleeper party pajamas are ultra-practical and incredibly chic. These pajamas feature a wide-leg design with detachable feathers, which makes them a versatile and fun wardrobe addition. They also feature a standard 100 by Oeko-Tex certified viscose material, which makes them a great choice for everyday use and night outs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(brand). Whether you are a man or a woman, you can't go wrong with these ultra-elegant pajamas. The off-white cami set is embroidered with "Mrs.," making it a unique gift for the bachelorette party. The breathable, stretchy fabric and relaxed fit of these sleepwear sets make them a comfortable choice for the bedroom. The sets also come with a luxury sleep mask to keep you cozy. This pajama set is the perfect way to impress your guests. Made of soft viscose and rayon, the Cosabella pajama set is both comfortable and elegant. It comes with a white or pink sleeping mask and white slippers. They are practical Sleeper Party Pajamas are a comfortable and practical way to enjoy the party season. They feature an iconic sleeper silhouette with detachable feathers and a pinky-vichy print. The PJs are made from soft viscose and feature a practical elastic waist for ease of movement. The pajamas can be worn as a pair or individually and can be paired with other clothes. This ensures that they are not only comfortable and practical, but also versatile. These pajamas can be worn for a night out or for a fancy party. This makes them a great choice for a romantic date or a posh night out. If you want to look like a party queen, you can choose a set of pajamas designed with style in mind. Sleeper party pajamas by Imm have a sexy, chic design. They have a loose fitting top and an oversized embroidered monogram on the front. They also have pockets to store your phone and pen.
@spongie33 can you delete this, it's off topic

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Even when I was younger I hated this episode it was dumb and not funny I still think that its one of the worst classic episodes Patrick and spongebob feel like in season 7 as dumb and stupid (I know those 2 are the same thing) one of the worst classic episodes
main complain: spongebob and Patrick and the misunderstanding thing

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Even when I was younger I hated this episode it was dumb and not funny I still think that its one of the worst classic episodes Patrick and spongebob feel like in season 7 as dumb and stupid (I know those 2 are the same thing) one of the worst classic episodes
main complain: spongebob and Patrick and the misunderstanding thing
wow opinion still holds up, so basically its not really a funny episode its dumb and stupid spongebob and patrick felt like they were in like choir boys and the card but less bad but still bad, its a very unfunny episode with a good premise with a dumb execution and dumb ending but atleast it wasn't boring
3/10

Back