08a. Sandy's Rocket

SquiddlyPie

random gal
The beggining is boring and not funny for me ( I mean the fact that SpongeBob wants to go to the space with Sandy). I like the scene that they thought they were on space and they arrested every single Bikini Bottomite (reminds ya of something? ''Shuffleboarding'') but again it gets irritating when they are that DUMB and they end the episode like that....Not my favourite....It's a meh....from me a 5.5/10 :peace:

CyborgSea

Floating Shopping List
This episode is underrated, not sure why so many people are calling it weak. I think it's one of the funniest S1 episodes and it has an interesting story and concept. It's actually one of my favorite S1 episodes.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Pretty good episode with many funny moments

Grade: A

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: Pardon my French but get this thing off me

Best Moment: SpongeBob and Patrick capturing Squidward

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
This episode is really good but is pretty underrated. It's a really cool plot and always fun to watch. 8.5/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I'm sorry but I'm not really into this episode that much. Although the plot was kinda interesting, the way it's executed was not really good. The way SpongeBob and Patrick (especially SpongeBob) was over the top. I know that they didn't know they turned the rocket on, but why do they have to go there in the first place? Even Sandy told SpongeBob to not do anything wrong. The two guys basically captured everyone in Bikini Bottom and it wasn't really that funny, apart from Squidward getting captured, but after that, everything got a little messed up. Patrick capturing himself is probably the funniest part of the episode, but SpongeBob didn't really care that much. It is weak for a Season 1 episode, but it is really average to me. Possibly my least favorite Season 1 episode along with Nature Pants, but the latter is very dull and boring. The ending felt meh to me, but I actually liked the costumes they were uaing and it was okay seeing Sandy as a scientist, I guess. Some good parts, but not a really special episode to me. Just plain meh. Sorry.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Sandy's Rocket (S1-E8-A)

I love this episode. This episode is the same as Shuffleboarding, also my favorite. Both Sandy's Rocket and Shuffleboarding are the funniest of them all.

Final Score = 10/10

GuyWhoSleepsInYourCarHood

Part Computer or Something
I love this episode, yet it feels really... different to me. Even compared to the rest of season 1, it has a different feel to it. I don't know it's the rough animation combined with the unique music choices that never played again (There are quite a lot of orchestral pieces that have never played again and most likely never will like Time in Space, Alien Menace, War Lords, It Came From Outer Space, Star Warriors, etc), along with the fact that the episode sticks with the night-time color palettes for 85% of the episode.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
The Textbook Definition of Underrated.

Sandy's Rocket is easily one my favorite episodes of Season 1, and used to be my 7th favorite episode of the entire series. An episode where SpongeBob and Patrick go into space, mess it up, and then go alien hunting?? This is one word, and one word only: EPIC. I love the gags when they're in space, they make a lot of witty remarks, and once again, SpongeBob is naive to Patrick. It's really great. Them messing around with the ship is also so funny and actually really cool.

And then the alien hunting, oh man do I love it. Them thinking everyone is a space alien is just so cool, and makes sense cause they think they landed on the moon. They get a lot of good gags with catching the characters, and it is just awesome. And then when they catch Sandy, it is so great. Patrick being caught is SO funny to me. SpongeBob being naive is really funny, and it's interesting to see where it all goes. The ending where he actually lands on the moon is also very funny.

I don't get why people dislike this episode, it feels kinda different for Season 1, like SB-129 kind of, really cool. This episode is awesome: 9.5/10 for me.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Underrated episode, the Alien-hunting part and the ending was funny and i liked the part when Spongebob and Patrick are in space inside Sandy Rocket.

8/10

Here's another underrated Season 1 episode. Honestly I'm surprised this episode isn't that well received. It was funny, had a great plot, and great execution. I like what they did with this episode.

Ranking so far:
1. Pickles (A+)
2. Pizza Delivery (A+)
3. Plankton! (A)
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
5. Sandy's Rocket (A)
6. Help Wanted (A)
7. Boating School (B)
8. Bubblestand (B)
9. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
10. Hall Monitor (B)
11. Jellyfishing (B)
12. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
13. Jellyfish Jam (C)
14. Tea at the Treedome (C)
15. Ripped Pants (C)
16. Reef Blower (C)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I know right, this episode is amazing. SpongeBob and Patrick alien hunting? How could you get more cooler than that? This episode is awesome, in my Top 5 for the season.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I really enjoyed this one. I like the plot, and the jokes and atmosphere are spot on. There was also some pretty cool visuals in the space section too. I will admit the ending was pretty lame, and it doesn't really do a good job at concluding the story, but the rest of the episode more than makes up for it.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Plankton! (9)
3. Help Wanted (9)
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
5. Pickles (8)
6. Sandy's Rocket (8)
7. Hall Monitor (8)
8. Ripped Pants (8)
9. Jellyfish Jam (7)
10. Tea at the Treedome (7)
11. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
12. Boating School (7)
13. Bubblestand (7)
14. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
15. Reef Blower (6)
16. Jellyfishing (5)

floating22

Baby Clam
This episode is one of my favorites ever (I put it as my favorite for this website but I can’t pick a real, true favorite) and I don’t really know why I like it so much. I do love episodes of cartoons set at night. And the “twins” scene is just absolutely hilarious.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
4.5/10

Premise is pretty good, but the execution is weak and boring. This really had missed potential to be a good episode, but it just didn't meet the plot and humor level. Patrick is a tad funny and I guess the alien hunting gag was a little funny, but the alien hunting gag dragged on for too long, and it just got boring and repetitive. Overall, not a very good episode, but at least better than some other episodes.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

Back