03a. Jellyfishing

CyborgSea

Floating Shopping List
Honestly, I feel like a lot of people who hate on Squid Abuse post-movie episodes should watch this one. It's a perfect example of Squid Abuse but everyone automatically likes it because it's pre-movie. Honestly I bet that if this episode aired in Season 6 instead of 1, everyone'd hate it. As for my opinions on the episode itself, it's pretty good, about the same quality as other Season 1 episodes with the same charm.

War never changes, but not jellyfishing! This episode was the first SpongePat team-up, and expands on the sport of jellyfishing. With a lot of funny dialogue, excellent jokes, and good animation, Jellyfishing is pretty good, about the same quality as other Season 1 episodes with the same charm. If you ever want to bring laughs on a boring day, then this episode's for you!

Favourite moment: The Queen Jellyfish zapping Spongebob, Patrick, and later Squidward.

Most awesome quote: "No, are you kidding? We’re his best friends."

Fun fact: This is not the first episode to feature a jellyfish, but it is the first to feature the sport of Jellyfishing. Now's that how you do a shocking reveal!

Ranking: 79/100

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like it, it's a classic episode...an all-time watchable..it made me laugh...poor Squidward though, but I cracked out with the alphabet soup being on his face or with Patrick saying ''Merry Christmas'' , this episode is underrated, 9/10

TheOtherSpongebob

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! That's right! It's jellyfishing time! And what better way to start off with the first episode to feature it? This episode, though, is pretty average to me. Didn't watch it that much. I don't really like Squidward Torture episodes, and this one is on the list. It does have some funny parts, though. Like the entire opening sequence, especially the part where Sponge and Pat burn their hands on the rope sliding down (ouch!). I also like how they're all serious at first, but then when they first see a jellyfish, they're all like "la la la la la la!" XD my other favorite part is when they show Squidward how to Jellyfish in the tune of "The Blue Danube". Also, the classic "Firmly grasp it in your hand" scene always gets a laugh out of me. :) Even though there are some funny parts, there are parts where I can't stand, like the scene where Squid is about to collide with a jellyfish (No, just no) and probably the most obnoxious part of the episode, Spongebob licking his lips before getting ready to play Squid's clarinet. It's both disgusting, and time-wasting. >:( Overall, pretty mediocre ep. for me, and one of the low ones of the season. Well, that's all I have to say. I've have to go catch some jellyfish. TheOtherSpongebob, out! ;)

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Very funny and enjoyable episode, Squidward did get hurt but it's still a fun episode to watch

Grade: A+

Best Character: :squidx:

Best Line: FIRMLY GRASP IT!

Best Moment: SpongeBob and Patrick teaching Squidward how to jellyfish

PS: Can we also stop using the term "Squid Abuse" :patgross:

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
Very enjoyable episode, and the firmly grasp it part gets me every time :hehe:

Another classic that I can't say anything bad about.

5/5

Patrick B!

Floating Shopping List
TheCrunchyPudding00 said:
I find the fact that you base weather you like the episode or not one weather squidward is treated ethically is ridiculous
I don't see any other thing going on in the episode other than that

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Patrick B! said:
I don't see any other thing going on in the episode other than that
Except compared to episodes like Squid Wood this episode has legit attempts at comedy, and not all of the zingers attack Squidward.

I mean it's my opinion, but I don't see how this episode is terrible besides a slight resemblance to episodes like Squid Wood and Choir Boys.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode was actually REALLY funny, despite all the Squidward abuse. From the start, I knew it was going to be a good episode with the Blue Danube waltz and deep voiced SpongeBob. The montage of SB and Pat getting ready to go jellyfishing was also pretty cool, as I really liked the backgrounds. I would like to see more of that, please. There was a lot of Squidward torture here, but it was very comical and at least SB & Pat realized how they left Squidward in a full cast. There were many funny jokes including "Firmly grasp it!", Patrick blowing hot soup on Squid, and Squidward exploding. I don't get the hate here. Is this hated just because it had Squidward torture? Well, despite all of that, it's still a great episode. There are a few flaws, but it's definitely worth a watch from the Cake. 9/10.

KarateSponge

Parawhore
CakeCup said:
This episode was actually REALLY funny, despite all the Squidward abuse. From the start, I knew it was going to be a good episode with the Blue Danube waltz and deep voiced SpongeBob. The montage of SB and Pat getting ready to go jellyfishing was also pretty cool, as I really liked the backgrounds. I would like to see more of that, please. There was a lot of Squidward torture here, but it was very comical and at least SB & Pat realized how they left Squidward in a full cast. There were many funny jokes including "Firmly grasp it!", Patrick blowing hot soup on Squid, and Squidward exploding. I don't get the hate here. Is this hated just because it had Squidward torture? Well, despite all of that, it's still a great episode. There are a few flaws, but it's definitely worth a watch from the Cake. 9/10.
critic in the making here guys

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
One of the weaker episodes of season 1. There were some funny moments, and it wasn't terrible, but there was too much Squidward abuse. 6/10

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
Well here's our second Squidward torture episode. It's funny how Patrick puts the jellyfishing net in Squidwards's arm and doesn't care one bit. Another seen is with Patrick and SpongeBob keep opening the door. It's a GOOD episode so I'll rate it 10/10

This is another staple of the series; introudicing jellyfishing. And SpongeBob and Patrick want Squidward to join them. Pretty similar to a lot of episodes in Season 1.

Airdate: July 31, 1999

I quite liked this one. I think it was funny, had a decent storyline, and had a good tone. Also, FIRMLY GRASP IT!

Ranking so far:
1. Help Wanted (A)
2. Bubblestand (B)
3. Jellyfishing (B)
4. Tea at the Treedome (C)
5. Ripped Pants (C)
6. Reef Blower (C)

Back