03a. Jellyfishing

This episode is so overrated. It's not one of the best season 1 episodes or one of the best episodes. Squidward got tortured many times in this episode and he didn't even deserve it. If this was in post-movie era, people would hate this episode a lot but It's in pre-movie era, so people think this episode is one of the funniest episodes. I don't really hate this episode because It is very funny. There were many funny parts like the begining, Squidward exploding, SpongeBob and Patrick trying to give Squidward his best day, "Firmly grasp it" part, the mother jellyfish zapping Squidward and the ending. Overall, It's a great episode but Squidward got tortured too much. 8.5/10.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I love this episode. I know most people hate this episode for having Squidward Torture in it, but its actually funny.

Spongetron-Omega

Imitation Krab
Jellyfishing

Comments:
I see a lot of people not liking this specifically because it's Squidward abuse, but here's the thing... the bike accident (and it was just an accident) left Squidward in a full cast, so Spongebob and Patrick couldn't understand that Squidward didn't want to be there. At the very least they were trying to cheer him up most of the episode (and Spongebob had the common sense to see that Squidward was in pain during the soup scene). Honestly, I give it a pass, especially because Spongebob is a brick when it comes to picking up sarcasm. He thought Squidward was being honest about wanting to go jellyfishing. The gags were actually funny too, so there's that.

Grade: 4/5, Great. At least most of the pain Squidward gets in this epsiode was either accidental or he himself caused it (like the giant jellyfish).

hfjs

Milkmaidman said:
This episode has horrifying amounts of Squid Abuse, which is why I don't exactly like it.
(slap)

I like this episode. It's how a squid abuse episode is done right. It's funny, it's well written, all of that good stuff.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 1

Episode: Jellyfishing

This episode was pretty good. I didn't mind the "squid abuse" (most of the time it was his own fault). It had many good jokes. 7.5/10

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
I DESPISE THIS EPISODE. People hate KBBB EVEN THOUGH HE DESERVED TORMENT. AND IN THIS EPISODE HE DIDN'T DESERVE ANY OF IT BUT GUESS WHAT? ONE OF THE MOST LOVED EPISODE. LOGIC EVERYONE!!!!!!!! PATRICK AND SPONGEBOB WERE GIANT IDIOTS. AND IT'S NOT FUNNY.
1.2/10

hfjs

Milkmaidman said:
This episode has horrifying amounts of Squid Abuse, which is why I don't exactly like it.
This one is also a lot better to me, now. It's pretty funny, past MMM. -_-

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I liked this episode. This is a good example of how to do a good Squidward torture episode. This episode felt a little bit dry, kind of like Spongebobs lips *ba dum TSS* this episode also has the classic firmly grasp it joke.

Episode Ranking: Good

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I like this episode and while it is funny, it is overrated. I felt bad for poor Squidward because when you think about it, he was nearly disabled (more so than Mrs. Puff in DD) and becoming disabled it my worst fear. But unlike DD, SpongeBob didn't act insensitive and Patrick was in the episode, which makes me like it.

Rating: 8.5/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
The Squid abuse didn't bother me here, so I like the episode. I can see why some dislike, but Spongebob and Patrick didn't know he didn't like what they were doing, so it doesn't bother me much. Also, "Firmly grasp it!" = Classic line.
8.5/10.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
This was the first episode I ever saw, missed the first few due to being busy (that's what happens when you're 4 years old and you have a 2 year old sibling and a 7 month old sibling, I guess). I found it to be pretty funny and entertaining both back then and now, this really has stood the test of time I think.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A very good episode. What makes this one work is that it doesn't feel one-sided. SpongeBob and Patrick get stung many times as well and at Squidward's house they stop each other from doing stupid things. It's also a very funny episode. FIRMLY GRASP IT!

8.5/10

Trainiax

Baby Clam
Note: The ep. page is linked to Jellyfish Safety Tips.

Plot: Squid is forced to go jellyfishing. Like it, but, poor squid. 3/4

Jokes: Firmly grasp it in your hand. 4/4

Characters: Squid's first role as protagonist. Awesome. 4/4

Quotes: "Humph." It's the random one I get from the website. But other than that, 3/4

LOL-Ness: It Plays Blue Danube! 9000/4!

Total: 9014/20 - 4507/10 - 10/10

Back