02a. Bubblestand

SuperJasonOfficial

Baby Clam
The most funniest episode so far is this! There's so many funny jokes and scenes in this episode! The episode also have a good plot!

I'll give it a 10/10 (Amazing episode)

Season 1 ranking:
#1 Bubblestand
#2 Help Wanted
#3 Reef Blower
#4 Tea at the Treedome

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This truly is a magical episode. Spongebob making bubble art is super cute, and I love that when they pop, they make sound effects that their real-life counterparts would. I also love the characters of Spongebob and Squidward here. They are so opposite in terms of personalities that it makes for great dynamics.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode is awesome! The jokes were neat! Also "Hahaha Its a Giraffe!" is one of Patrick's best lines of the entire show!

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Bubblestand (Great)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)

CanuckChum

Baby Clam
There are a lot of creative visual gags here, and SpongeBob's bubble-blowing technique is hilarious ("bring it around town"). Squidward is also great here, desperately trying to do something he initially passed off as stupid. That concept would end up inspiring many episodes further on in the show.

Episode Rating - 8/10

1. Help Wanted (9/10)
2. Bubblestand (8/10)
3. Tea at the Treedome (7/10)
4. Reef Blower (7/10)

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
i love this one. i noticed that squidward had his own theme music when he was onscreen

10/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up we've got "Bubblestand", known to many as a classic, myself included! This episode really gets into the meat of the Squidward, SpongeBob, and Patrick dynamic, especially of them all as neighbors, which in my opinion is where the dynamic of the three of them truly is at its best. Additionally, this episode also establishes some more character traits. We're introduced to SpongeBob's (and Patrick's) bubble-blowing hobby, as well as Squidward's iconic clarinet playing.

This episode is simply hilarious. The constant back-and-forth between SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward is endlessly entertaining, and the episode is packed with visual gags in a showcase of the best animation seen in the show at this point. The bubble-blowing technique is one of the funniest and most memorable jokes in the entire show, which is very impressive for such an early episode. Patrick also shines with his classic "It's a giraffe!", not to mention his epic failure at blowing a bubble. SpongeBob is once again straddled between the line of adult and child with his lemonade-stand-esque "bubblestand", and it's done excellently. As for Squidward, we finally get to see more of him, as while he was present in the first two episodes, he didn't get to interact with SpongeBob in a vocal way. Now, though, we're treated to our first of many, many Squidward freakouts, and it's a treat.

Something I noticed in this episode is that it uses a lot of quick-cut gags. It's hard to explain what I mean. But like take the beginning of the episode for example, we've got SpongeBob standing outside, then it quickly cuts to him making the bubblestand. Later in the episode, when Squidward is considering blowing a bubble, SpongeBob quickly appears out of nowhere to tell Squidward to pay up. I don't know why this episode had so much of this, but either way it was hilarious.

This actually isn't an episode I find myself rewatching very often. Not for any particular reason, it's a great episode, but that's just how it is. I'm placing it in the "great" tier because while it was excellent and very funny, it doesn't really have that "wow" factor for me that bumps it up to "amazing". I can't put my finger on it, but there's something subdued about this episode. I really can't describe what I mean.

Episode tier: Great
Episode score: 8.7/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
This actually isn't an episode I find myself rewatching very often. Not for any particular reason, it's a great episode, but that's just how it is.
i agree, season 1 has alot of those kinds of episodes, i dont even see myself going back to rewatch pizza delivery

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Classic episode. It's funny and gets creative with the medium of animation. And it introduces SB's important hobby of bubble blowing to the series. Many great, memorable jokes. Not one of my favorite episodes, but still a classic.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I think that was an amazing episode. It's all in the technique. 9/10

Back