Video Game

léo elbarto

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Rugratskid said:
It DOES say they aren't involved at this time, so there's a tiny possibility they could make it; maybe if they are offered the job within a month or 2, it will change. What about THQ though? They did a great job with "Lights, Camera, Pants!", so maybe they could try this game? :) Those are probably our last 2 hopes for a good video game.
thq went bankrupt in 2012

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
And all of THQ's franchises went to Nordic Games, who is most likely to be involved in the new SpongeBob game.
Activision currently has the SpongeBob license.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Activision has the rights? Plankton's Robotic Revenge is crap according to most people so..

we're screwed.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
We're doomed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ
You sir.. are amazing. Give yourself an "90's kid" award... actually, give yourself a Kid's Choice Award. :rofl:

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
léo elbarto said:
uUwn7.gif

Supmandude

Squog
I got excited when I saw so many notifications of replies to this topic and then I found out that the news is that the best company isn't working on it. :(

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Despite my above post (I meant that I was sad, not that the game would suck), the game still has a chance. Don't assume how the game is going to be based on a previous game. I have some faith in it, but I'm not gonna lie, a majority of SB or licensed games in general aren't very good :/

Supmandude

Squog
Maybe if they decide to tie the game in with the release of the Blu-Ray instead of the theatrical release, there will be enough time to get Heavy Iron on it. Unlikely, I know, but it's be cool.

The Drifter

Some person.
Well, this game would ended up as another movie tie-in shovelware that will be remembered in TvTropes' "The Problem with Licensed Games"

DadMom AngryPants said:
I loved those too, but I think that style of game is outdated now so I doubt they'd make one. I liked how in the PC game for the first movie they added in a ton of random side quests that had nothing to do with the movie's plot to make it longer.
Man, imagine if Nick could get Telltale Games to make a SpongeBob point and click. That would be super awesome. Aaah dreams..

Peterson

ʎlʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ƃuıdʎʇ ɹoɟ looɔ
Stuck in Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, England for
The Drifter said:
Well, this game would ended up as another movie tie-in shovelware that will be remembered in TvTropes' "The Problem with Licensed Games"

Man, imagine if Nick could get Telltale Games to make a SpongeBob point and click. That would be super awesome. Aaah dreams..
I'd love a Telltale Spongebob game to happen, or at least something similar. Although the chances are pretty slim in my opinion. Hopefully the game will be developed by a respectable developer, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Back