Video Game

Supmandude

Squog
Is there a possibility this could actually happen, then? I don't really understand the connection between developers, publishers etc. Would it make a difference that SpongeBob games are published by Activision now?

Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse was developed by Heavy Iron and published by Activision, so not having THQ shouldn't make a difference. :)

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
Hopefully that Facebook post was a hint as to they are making the game. Or there could be no game at all.

Supmandude

Squog
Your signature seems to be stretching the page, léo elbarto. Is it like that for anyone else?

Supmandude said:
Your signature seems to be stretching the page, léo elbarto. Is it like that for anyone else?
Definitely not the case for me. His signature isn't even that wide. :P
Try zooming back in the page by Ctrl +. You may have just accidentally zoomed out. :P

Supmandude

Squog
E.V.I.L said:
Definitely not the case for me. His signature isn't even that wide. :P
Try zooming back in the page by Ctrl +. You may have just accidentally zoomed out. :P
There was a long line coming out of it that I assume he put there to separate two parts of his signature and that was stretching it for me. It might have to do with monitor size, but I had to hide it because of it.

léo elbarto

Bomb-Selling Pirate
E.V.I.L said:
I still don't have a crazy amount of hope because they made Truth or Square. =/
actually the home console version of the game was shoertened for some reason and judjing by the psp version the game would have been pretty good or a least have more replay value than it does in the final cut.

SpongeyKid said:
I actually liked that game. Short, but sweet.
That game is far from short and sweet IMO. Short and sweet is Super Mario 3D Land, to give a 3D Platformer idea. This game was:
1) way too short
2) a chore to play at times
3) great music--that was completely stolen from other games
4) pretty meh level design
5) BORING; watching it made me weary-eyed
The movie game was way better and, compared to BFBB, this game can't even touch it.
Granted, this is a game based on a movie. Games based on movies are rarely even meh because they're clearly in for the $$$, and it's more than likely that this will be the case for SBM2. You can't really expect too much.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
E.V.I.L said:
That game is far from short and sweet IMO. Short and sweet is Super Mario 3D Land, to give a 3D Platformer idea. This game was:
1) way too short
2) a chore to play at times
3) great music--that was completely stolen from other games
4) pretty meh level design
5) BORING; watching it made me weary-eyed
The movie game was way better and, compared to BFBB, this game can't even touch it.
Granted, this is a game based on a movie. Games based on movies are rarely even meh because they're clearly in for the $$$, and it's more than likely that this will be the case for SBM2. You can't really expect too much.
I can see what you're saying with it being way too short and even I think the movie game is better. A LOT better :P

SpongeyKid said:
I can see what you're saying with it being way too short and even I think the movie game is better. A LOT better :P
It goes like this

ToS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,MOvie<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BFBB

:P

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
E.V.I.L said:
It goes like this

ToS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,MOvie<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BFBB

:P
I've never played BFBB but i hear people talking about that game a lot. Is it that good?

SpongeyKid said:
I've never played BFBB but i hear people talking about that game a lot. Is it that good?
Only SB game IMO that can be considered good outside the fact htat it's SB
it's pretty good, just stay persistent and get to The Mermelair; it gets very interesting then on

Supmandude

Squog
President Squidward said:
Nothing will ever beat BFBB, to be honest.
What if it has everything good about Battle for Bikini Bottom, but it's all even better and there are lots of cool new stuff all of which are awesome and you can play as Squidward and Mr. Krabs this time? :3

Supmandude said:
What if it has everything good about Battle for Bikini Bottom, but it's all even better and there are lots of cool new stuff all of which are awesome and you can play as Squidward and Mr. Krabs this time? :3
Then, yes, it would beat BFBB.
The likelihood? Realistically, low.
I would be more hopeful if they didn't make Truth or Square but ugh...

Patrick NotStar

Floating Shopping List
I actually just played Battle for Bikini Bottom again just a little while ago, and it holds up extremely well. I feel like even with a really talented developer like Heavy Iron though, the minuscule budgets and tight deadlines of today's licensed games will prevent them from doing anything above average with the game (provided they do actually make it).

I'd love to be proven wrong though, and finally get a quality SpongeBob game for the first time in forever.

Patrick NotStar said:
I actually just played Battle for Bikini Bottom again just a little while ago, and it holds up extremely well. I feel like even with a really talented developer like Heavy Iron though, the minuscule budgets and tight deadlines of today's licensed games will prevent them from doing anything above average with the game (provided they do actually make it).

I'd love to be proven wrong though, and finally get a quality SpongeBob game for the first time in forever.
That's the main problem that lowers my hope: they're not going to have the time and budget to go BFBB-good because these games always are made solely to make $$$$... it's impressive that BFBB actually had effort too.

I'd love to be proven wrong too. ^_^

Back