Video Game

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Nick or whoever gives the developers the budget needs to give them more so we can get a quality game.

Award said:
All this BFBB talk makes me wish they were able to make the games for the newer consoles aka the only ones being sold where I live at least anymore. :(
Amazon/ebay brah

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Although Truth or Square isn't as good as BFBB or TSBSPM, it's still leagues better than Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Heavy Iron has definitely made the best SpongeBob games overall and I would be excited if they did make a game for the new movie.

Supmandude

Squog
It'd be cool if the underwater levels are cell shaded and the ones on dry land have more realistic lighting and textures to match the logic of the movie.

DadMom AngryPants said:
Although Truth or Square isn't as good as BFBB or TSBSPM, it's still leagues better than Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Heavy Iron has definitely made the best SpongeBob games overall and I would be excited if they did make a game for the new movie.
shhh
Plankton's Robotic Revenge never happened :ninja: :P

The Drifter

Some person.
PatAteMyPants220 said:
I feel like Ubisoft should do it.
My second choice would be Heavy Iron (like everyone else)
NOOOOOO!! DON'T LET UBISOFT TOUCH SPONGEBOB!!! I'll be forced to dowload Uplay and play the game online all the time! I rather let EA publish it instead of Ubisoft.

Heavy Iron is the only one that can do SpongeBob game properly.

IAmBagel

it keeps happening
They should let Heavy Iron give another shot at making a SpongeBob game. Recent SpongeBob games have really been suffering when it comes to reviews (cough cough ROBOTIC REVENGE cough cough). Besides, they've made the best SpongeBob games to date (Battle For Bikini Bottom will always be my personal favorite. The movie game was also really good as well. Truth or Square was decent, but way too short.)

Supmandude

Squog
Anyone besides me ever play the PC point and click games? I liked those, I hope they do one for this movie even though it's really unlikely. :P

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Supmandude said:
Anyone besides me ever play the PC point and click games? I liked those, I hope they do one for this movie even though it's really unlikely. :P
I loved those too, but I think that style of game is outdated now so I doubt they'd make one. I liked how in the PC game for the first movie they added in a ton of random side quests that had nothing to do with the movie's plot to make it longer.

IAmBagel

it keeps happening
Supmandude said:
I've only played one of the point-and-click games (the PC version of Lights, Camera, Pants). I don't remember much from it, but it was fun.

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
I have Employee of the Month, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and Lights Camera Pants! for PC.
I remember LCP being my favourite because you could choose the cast for your own film!

The Drifter

Some person.
DadMom AngryPants said:
I loved those too, but I think that style of game is outdated now so I doubt they'd make one. I liked how in the PC game for the first movie they added in a ton of random side quests that had nothing to do with the movie's plot to make it longer.
Well, if they can do it properly, point and click game can be very good. The recent Walking Dead games and Ubisoft's Valiant Hearts are both well-received.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Here's an interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgq1sLs17s

To sum up, this guy first made a video last year asking Heavy Iron to make a game for the movie and emailed it to their vice president, who responded:

"Thanks a million for posting that terrific You Tube video and for all the nice compliments. We showed it to many members of the original Sponge Bob team and they were super stoked to see it, and tip their hats in appreciation to you as well. As to creating another Sponge Bob game, we're totally up for it but as you probably know timing plays a big role in these types of projects regardless of our good relationship with Activision. So fingers crossed that the opportunity and the timing gods swing in our favor soon. Until then, stay tune for more from us. I also wanted to ask if you're OK with us posting your video to our Facebook page and it would be great if you liked us there too."

Heavy Iron posted it to their Facebook page with the comment: "We really appreciate this YouTube post by Fred5107TM. Thanks a million and hopefully we can make it come true."

TheKrabbyPattyBurgler

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Activision better let Heavy Iron make a game based off the movie! Battle for Bikini Bottom is one of my favorite 3D platformers of all time.

The Drifter

Some person.
DadMom AngryPants said:
Here's an interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgq1sLs17s

To sum up, this guy first made a video last year asking Heavy Iron to make a game for the movie and emailed it to their vice president, who responded:

"Thanks a million for posting that terrific You Tube video and for all the nice compliments. We showed it to many members of the original Sponge Bob team and they were super stoked to see it, and tip their hats in appreciation to you as well. As to creating another Sponge Bob game, we're totally up for it but as you probably know timing plays a big role in these types of projects regardless of our good relationship with Activision. So fingers crossed that the opportunity and the timing gods swing in our favor soon. Until then, stay tune for more from us. I also wanted to ask if you're OK with us posting your video to our Facebook page and it would be great if you liked us there too."

Heavy Iron posted it to their Facebook page with the comment: "We really appreciate this YouTube post by Fred5107TM. Thanks a million and hopefully we can make it come true."
That's how every videogame developers should behave.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
léo elbarto said:
It DOES say they aren't involved at this time, so there's a tiny possibility they could make it; maybe if they are offered the job within a month or 2, it will change. What about THQ though? They did a great job with "Lights, Camera, Pants!", so maybe they could try this game? :) Those are probably our last 2 hopes for a good video game.

Back