Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
I don't like Pineapple Fever. Patrick acts too stupid, Squid gets tortured, and SpongeBob's hot cocoa gag IRRITATES ME. Seriously, I can't tolerate people talking like that.

I like IWATG, Nature Pants, and Jellyfishing.

KansasChaser12

Part Computer or Something
License to Milkshake is a top 20 SB episode of all-time. The concept, the jokes, the storyline, the plot all work here.

Gullible Pants is critically underrated in my opinion. I laughed out loud throughout the 2nd half of the episode, not to mention the first half was funny as well. My favorite line is: "Squidward sleeping on the job?" "Okay, that's actually normal". (even typing this out is giving me a good laugh). I'd rank this top 10-15 in SpongeBob history, as well as the best in Season 6 by far.

Choir Boys, The Splinter, Boating Buddies, To Love a Patty, Waiting, Good Neighbors, and What Ever Happened to SpongeBob are episodes people really do not like I enjoy in some capacity.

Shell Shocked, Hello Bikini Bottom, and The Abrasive Side are episodes people like that I do not enjoy.

KansasChaser12

Restraining SpongeBob is good and I don't care if Squidward is "tortured". It's a cartoon, sit down and laugh.
I actually agree with this. Most Squidward torture episodes, aside from The Thing, I enjoy. I don't think Squidward Torture is as bad as people think it is, because it's just a cartoon.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
All 3 movies are of similar quality to me (but the first movie tells the best story overall. this part isn't unpopular but it completes the opinion).

Kold Pizza

I didn’t find Squirrel Jokes funny at all, though it had a good moral at the end.

Sailor Mouth isn’t as great as it’s made out to be. To me, it’s just alright. Some of the quotes in from this episode are among my favorite SpongeBob quotes, but I never found the episode to be that great.

As it pertains to the pre-movie Squidward vs. Squilliam episodes, I like Squilliam Returns more than Band Geeks. I understand a lot of people feel differently because Band Geeks had the better ending for Squidward as well as the Sweet Victory song at the end. However, I found Squilliam Returns to be a more entertaining episode overall.

Plankton’s Army would have been the better final episode for season 3 than Pranks a Lot in my opinion.

Truth or Square wasn’t that bad, just meh. To me, it was better than something like SpongeBob, You’re Fired.

Season 8 is alright. I don’t think it’s that bad. Its ScumBob episodes were a turn off and didn’t make me think much of this season when I first saw them, sure, but its good episodes are neat like It’s a SpongeBob Christmas and Hello Bikini Bottom.

I’m not a fan of the constant over exaggerated facial expressions in the modern SpongeBob episodes. I also feel like at times they’re trying too much to be like the old SpongeBob in the modern episodes.

Ssj4squidward

Floating Shopping List
Season 5/9 are the weakest seasons pre waller era. Mr krabs is more hatable than plankton. House fancy is good solely because squidward wins in the end. The toenail scene is gross but squilliam losing makes it worth it.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
- As much as I like Valentine’s Day…it has a very bad characterization of Patrick (I felt his wrath was a bit too much even for the earlier seasons.)
- Krusty Krushers and Overbooked aren’t very good
- Squid’s Visit and Boating Buddies are hilarious episodes
- Whelk Attack and No Hat for Pat are just okay at best
- I like Spongehenge and The Thing

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
Allergy Attack is pretty fetch, though I can't stand the whole, like, sneezing aspect (it like triggers my misophonia.)

Toy Store of Doom is like pork peak. Loved the "Song-Filled Hours" part.

e 40000

a man who's a fan of bab esFANji
Season 13 is the worst season of the show.

•All the episodes are painfully mediocre or just straight up bad (with only like one or two exceptions)
• Straight up just reusing old episode plots
• Trying to shove the spin-offs down our throats by forcing them into the main show (mostly with kamp koral)
• That stupid Tidal Zone "crossover" that was literally not a crossover whatsoever, and was already an idea that they did previously
And my biggest problem with s13...
• Bringing back and referencing random characters that don't even serve a purpose to the episodes, rather than to say "hey guys look we brought back an old character from 20 years ago aren't we so good and cool now", or taking old characters that were meant as one-off gags or something like that and completely ruining the joke of them (granted, this was a problem with seasons 11 and 12, but this was only amplified in this season)

SneakyMcSneakyPants

Scary Mustache Guy
I loved the wacky animation and faces in Seasons 10-12. Like, really loved. I think Seasons 10-12 have the best animation of any season besides Season 1. Considering how sterile most TV animation is, it's really refreshing to see something that's hand-drawn, organic-looking, rubbery, and expressive. I'm not saying Seasons 10-12 were perfect by any means, because they did have their flaws and mediocre episodes (but no truly bad ones), but they (and their animation style) were a lot better than a lot of people say they are. And speaking of bad episodes, there haven't been any truly bad episodes since Season 8.

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
Bringing back and referencing random characters that don't even serve a purpose to the episodes, rather than to say "hey guys look we brought back an old character from 20 years ago aren't we so good and cool now", or taking old characters that were meant as one-off gags or something like that and completely ruining the joke of them (granted, this was a problem with seasons 11 and 12, but this was only amplified in this season)
This is my problem with Nosferatu. He was, like, ONLY meant to appear in Graveyard Shift. The Night Patty, like, RUINED the whole joke and S13 made it, like, even WORSE. ISTG if they bring back the drop of spicy sauce from Karate Choppers, I will, like, LOSE IT.

Back