Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
unpopular opinion: no SpongeBob episode is boring for me, even the ''bad ones'' aren't boring, post sequel does get a bit boring but not that much. i also dont hate any episode of the show and i like all of them. some more than others ''COUGH'' DYING FOR PIE.

AFLEL

Baby Clam
This topic is mainly to post opinions that contrast the general public's opinions on certain aspects of the show or individual episodes. Some of mine include:

Season 9 is definitely an improvement over past seasons, with plenty of very good episodes and with the bad episodes (barring SBYF and Squid Baby) not being that bad much of the time. (Well this opinion surely got extremely un-popular in retrospect. Am I like the only person who likes 9a anymore? It's no 9b or even 11 but it's a clear improvement over anything prior)

I'm not going to hate an episode just because a small portion of it is bad. With something like House Fancy, I still consider it a bad episode, but for the reason that it has a very bland start of Squilliam bragging, followed by SpongeBob's actions being bothersome and Squidward winning for the wrong reasons. This even applies to episode endings like "Nautical Novice."

Oral Report was one of the better season 8 episodes. But it's not great. The only ones from that season I love or even remember are Hello Bikini Bottom and Frozen Face-Off.

Artist Unknown is one of my least favorite pre-movie episodes. But even then, it's like, almost a 7/10. Pre-Movie is pretty much perfect. :p

... and some other stuff I'll post later.
Ms.Puff can eat ::dolphin noise::

Season1Sponge

Baby Clam
honestly i think bandgeeks isnt the best episode. i think the best episode goes to krustykrab pizza
as spongebob said KRUSTY KRAAAAAAB KRAAAAAB KRRAAAAAB PIZZA IS THE PIZZA FOR YOU AND, MEEHEEEEEEEEEE

Myles Sparklighter

Studying silence to learn the music
honestly i think bandgeeks isnt the best episode. i think the best episode goes to krustykrab pizza
as spongebob said KRUSTY KRAAAAAAB KRAAAAAB KRRAAAAAB PIZZA IS THE PIZZA FOR YOU AND, MEEHEEEEEEEEEE

At this point, I doubt disliking Band Geeks is even an unpopular opinion - I've seen many a younger SB fan brush it off as an unremarkable episode. (That being said, the "mayonnaise" line is 100% overrated. Fight me, fans!)

As for another addition to this thread: my favorite is, of all things, Fry Cook Games. AAAAAAAAAAAAH.

JackFruitB

That one cartoon and gaming fan.
I believe the seasons 4 to 9 were decent. I mean they weren't bad but they also weren't good so yeah.

tntduo

◟ sam ~ he ₊ they ⁺ ﹚
I hate Ms.puffs and spongebobs dynamic in the newer seasons, Ms.puff looks and feels traumatized when she is ever around him to the point I feel like that Ms.puff having pstd is slightly implied (probably not canon)

SPNGBDDY

Resident SpongeBob Fanatic
I hate Ms.puffs and spongebobs dynamic in the newer seasons, Ms.puff looks and feels traumatized when she is ever around him to the point I feel like that Ms.puff having pstd is slightly implied (probably not canon)
TBH i like their modern dynamic more then their old one before it

Peanut Worm

Baby Clam
I see people on Twitter who get really upset whenever anyone mentions Hillenberg being against the spin offs which in all honestly I do think its some bull executing making Kamp Koral and Patrick Show a thing, Hillenberg did not "create" Kamp Koral and all the new episodes of the actual show and the spinoffs feel like they are all written by Nickelodeon interns who were hired based off their Twitter profile, all the newer episodes are written like the Games Animation era of Ren & Stimpy where they go all for "wackiness" and ADD riddled animation rather than anything with substance.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Half of my reviews are unpopular opinions at this point lol. But at the moment I think season 7 is better than season 6 by a lot. Maybe even better than season 5, but I'll have to reevaluate later.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
Personally, I don't like the post-sequel episodes that much more than Seasons 6-8.

Season 9b has a lot of gems, but after that it just feels to me like they're drawing wacky facial expressions for the sake of it.

Back