Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
That song's hated? That's the best part of the episode!
Yep, most of the (many) posts of people saying they didn't like the episode has "THE SONG WAS TERRIBLE" in it, even some posts of people saying they liked it mention that as a flaw. I don't understand it personally, the song was perfectly fine.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Wintermelon43 said:
Yep, most of the (many) posts of people saying they didn't like the episode has "THE SONG WAS TERRIBLE" in it, even some posts of people saying they liked it mention that as a flaw. I don't understand it personally, the song was perfectly fine.
I don't get it either. From a critical standpoint, song was made competently. Rhymes don't feel forced, melody was catchy and lyrics were pretty funny.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
I absolutely love Cuddle E. Hugs. I consider it god-tier. I really don't understand any dislike for it, it was utterly absurd ("One man's trash" lol) and extremely boundary pushing--that's the energy I love in cartoons! Easily one of the best episodes of this whole series, IMO.

Band Geeks or whatever is just OK.

One Coarse Meal is funny in an incredibly absurd and flippant way.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
I don't like Wishing You Well. I find both of the songs in that episode to be dumb and annoying, and it's just yet another "Mr. Krabs will do anything for money!" episode. Plus the squid abuse went a little too far with Squidward getting hit by that bus.

On the flip side of the coin, I like the episode Sportz. While yes, it mostly relied on silly slapstick, I found a lot of it to be kind of funny. It may not be one of the best from Season 10, but it's definitely way better than some have made it out to be IMO.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
dmandaboi said:
Back to the Past wouldn't get as much hate as it does if PieGuy didn't give such a negative review of the episode.
That's true but I've hated Back To The Past since it first aired (not saying you're saying that I only followed what PGR said), but Patrick's stupidity mandating a plot isn't really something I don't think people haven't noticed, considering it's pretty important just thinking about how the plot worked out. Also, MM&BB dying is what really threw me over the edge, because it's not funny and really kinda ticks me off that they went that route, meanwhile throwing in stupid plot points with Patrick, it's like they had no idea how to make a coherent story, just my opinion though.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
My Leg episode overused too much the "My leg" meme.
Atlantis Squarepantis was actually pretty good.
Frozen Face-Off is underrated.

hippythehippo

Banished
While it is not unpopular to like it, I think that The Great Patty Caper is my favorite episode of Season 7. It's not exactly a contest (the only other episode that remotely compares is Abrasive Side), but the episode is pretty fun. It's not top tier pre movie material that makes me laugh non-stop, but I have to say that it does get some chuckles from me. Probably more than most 6-9a get in 5 episodes if I'm being honest. The story is action packed, and it actually is fast paced, and the animation is fun too, with even some off model stuff with the train. The story actually feels like it deserves to be a 22 minute episode (hey Season 7 did one thing better than pre movie, who knew?). The characters are all in character and fun throughout, especially Patrick, who has a few funny lines. The lemonade stand bit really cracks me up too (who knew they would botch the concept 4 Seasons later?). I'd say it is one that shines bright in this midst the bland and the frustrating of Season 7, and one that gets even better on rewatch. I know, a Season 7 episode that I actually like enough to want to rewatch? Blasphemy.

Back