Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Coffee_lover

Banished
Why Chum Caverns got so much love?Yes,it’s isn’t worst episode ever,but come on,CC is typical S6 episode with no humor or anything else.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Why Chum Caverns got so much love?Yes,it’s isn’t worst episode ever,but come on,CC is typical S6 episode with no humor or anything else.
It is loved? Sheesh, then I don't get it either

I have similar difficulties with understanding why "Patrick-Man" "Safe Deposit Krabs" are so acclaimed. Those episodes are okay, but that's it, okay. Nothing more, nothing else. Tbh, quality of those episodes almost the same as quality of standart season 8 episode, inoffensive, but boring and bland.

ThatSkynyrdKid70

2 year club
I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but oh well. lol

Season 4 is my favorite season.

Season 6 isn't filled with bad episodes, for example, Squid's Visit is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series
Yes, I still dislike S6 as much as the rest of you, and it is my least favorite season and era in general of the show but there were in my opinion quite a few episodes in that season that were fairly decent.

Atlantis Squarepantis is actually halfway decent. Not something I'd want to deliberately watch unless I felt like it, but I'd watch it if it were on.

Truth or Square was actually pretty good. Once again, not something I'd watch deliberately, but still if it's on, yeah sure I'll watch it.

SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget is pure and utter garbage.

Fanboy and ChumChum is actually a really good show.

St. Anger is one of my favorite Metallica albums.

I know those last two have nothing to do with SpongeBob, I just wanted to see how many people I trigger. lol

FinnDinner said:
I still don't get the love for Sailor Mouth, besides swear words.
It's a very relatable episode. There are a lot of kids who used swear words having no idea what they meant, myself included. And besides swear words, the episode is filled with funny jokes and has great tension.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
jack_of_all_traids said:
It's a very relatable episode. There are a lot of kids who used swear words having no idea what they meant, myself included. And besides swear words, the episode is filled with funny jokes and has great tension.
Yeah but I feel like the swear words are pretty much the only comedy the episode has to offer, and the "tension" is them tattling, I don't really get the build up when it's something very small.

Squiddddd

Imitation Krab
I think Pet Sitter Pat, Are You Happy Now, Fungus Among Us, and A Day Without Tears are okay, and To Love a Patty, Squid's Visit, Gone and Hide and Then What Happens are decent but just kinda weak. I do not love any of these episodes though, and I accept that they have flaws.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I know this may not have to do exactly with SpongeBob, but this thread should be pinned just like the other "Unpopular Opinions" thread. This is a very key thread that's been going on for a long time.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Some more unpopular opinions, it's amazing just how many I have...

Boat Smarts is seriously one of my Bottom 50 episodes of the whole show.

WhoBob Whatpants and Shuffleboarding are bad, but far from the worst.

Earworm is an annoying episode that hurts my ears, I'll never get the love for it.

The Sponge Who Could Fly is better than Ugh. While most of the SpongeBob stuff is pretty bad, the walk cycle was awesome and extremely clever and the Patchy segments might be the best in the entire series IMHO. Still a meh episode, but it's not bad like some others say.

Jellyfishing is one of the greatest episodes of SpongeBob. So many funny parts and is just all-around classic.

The Lost Mattress is mediocre. So overly repetitive with the worm and most of it honestly bored me outside of the mattress shopping scene and the whole "choice cuts" thing. How its gotten so much praise in recent years is a mystery to me.

As Seen on TV may not be the strongest from Season 3, but it is still a very good episode with hilarious parts (like the bran flakes commercial) and memorable moments (The Striped Sweater Song. I mean, come on! That alone makes the episode awesome!).

So yeah, adding this onto the unpopular opinions I posted on SBC (And I think a few earlier in this thread too), that totals close to 20! Either I'm just out of touch somewhat, or I just have a different critical eye than everyone else. Who really knows.

Season 4 > Season 1

I'm With Stupid > Mid-Life Crustacean

One Coarse Meal/A Pal for Gary > Are You Happy Now?

The Splinter > Choir Boys

Season 7 > Season 6

Truth or Square > It's a SpongeBob Christmas!

Patty Hype > Band Geeks

Mrs. Puff, You're Fired > Krusty Towers

Dunces and Dragons > Chocolate With Nuts

Back