- Apr 7, 2004
- Planet Vegeta
Happy eleventy-seventh to SBM!
It's amazing to think that SpongeBuddy Mania has lasted ten years on the internet and still remain active to this day. It was hard to believe because when the show went on hiatus for the movie, we thought that was it for the show…SBM was doomed. Alas, more episodes and seasons since then and even a second movie coming out to boost even more members, posts, and discussions in this awesome community we have.
Thank you goes out to everybody who helped us get this far: spongedude, Spongey34, JOE., carterhawk, abney317, MDPP, TTS, all the mods from past and present, all the members from past and present, DMAP for being an incredible writer and detailed person when it comes to content on the main site, anyone who has contributed content on the main site, The Mermalair, Tales From Bikini Bottom, Sarah's SpongeBob Shrine, and anyone else I didn't mention. Sorry if I forgot anyone.
A massive buttload of content (transcripts, capsules, characters, clips, etc.) has taken over ten years to create, and still going as long as the show is, but SBM's main goal is to have all the content up and ready by the time season 9 ends. Hopefully, we can have more contribution from members like we have this past year. It's been amazing how many of you have helped us since day 1, even if it was just news or submitting a transcript or letting us know of an error.
I'm sure everyone is wondering what new things await for this anniversary. Well, let's start with some updates:
1. Updated SB Nicknames
2. New transcripts: Bubble Troubles (thanks to Amphitrite), Pisces, Leo, and Sagittarius transcripts from the 'Astrology with Squidward' mini-series.
3. 21 new characters
4. 1 new cast (Andy Samberg)
Now, onto the new things that I am extremely happy about:
1. The Krusty Krab page. A very detailed page all about the Krusty Krab. From the modifications to the policies, you'll see a bunch of cool information about this establishment of Bikini Bottom. You can even watch some of the commercials that have been put together for the Krusty Krab!
2. Jellyfish Species page. Another detailed page about all the jellyfish seen throughout the series. I love knowing and seeing that there are other colors, besides pink, to a jellyfish. Thank Neptune!
3. Krabby Patty Formula page. Yet another detailed report about the best burger your taste buds will ever acquire under the sea. Here, you can see all the different prices and ways that the Krabby Patty has been assembled.
4. Time Cards. Remember seeing "2000 years later", "3:28am", and other time cards that the narrator mentioned? Well, now you can see every time card in the show, up to season 8. Still working on season 9.
So…let me ask everyone a question here. Do you think you know a lot about SBM and how it works? Are you sure? Are you sure you're sure? Are you sure you're sure you're sure? Are you sure you're sure you're sure you're sure? Are you sure you're sure you're sure you're sure you're sure? Now that it's the 10th anniversary of when SpongeBuddy Mania first went public on the internet, I recorded some little 'behind the scenes' videos of what all goes on after hours. :shifty:
Hope you found some goodies in those videos that you just watched. Ya know…before skipping down to this text. I know who you are
Again, thank you everyone for making SpongeBuddy Mania #1 for so many years! Keep on being spongey! Thank you for being a part of SBM and letting me control your lives.