56a. Born Again Krabs

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast


How can you guys not have made an episode thread for this yet? =O One of the most memorable episodes of season 3.

Mr Krabs: Credit card bills. Well, I knew this was coming. (opens the envelope) Only ten thousand dollars. That's not so bad. (runs up to the cash register) I'll just subtract it from today's profit. (opens the register but there is no money in it) And...there's no money in here. (laughs) How delightful.
SpongeBob: Squidward, I'm worried about Mr Krabs.
Squidward: Me too, how are we going to get paid? (both walk up to Mr Krabs) Gee, Mr Krabs, you sure are taking total bankruptcy well.
Mr Krabs: Oh, it's just a bad dream. I'll wake up soon. (Spongebob and Squidward look at each other)
Squidward: Uhh...dream?
Mr Krabs: Sure. I'm still in the hospital sleeping like a baby!
SpongeBob: Umm, you checked out of the hospital this morning.
Squidward: Here's the bill. (gives Mr Krabs the bill)
Mr Krabs: You mean...I'm awake? (screams as his head cr4acks through the middle over and over. Each time he cracks his head open, a new one appears. He runs up to a customer drinking a soda and grabs itfrom him) No free refills! (takes it to the soda machine and the drink gets sucked back into it. Then he runs up to two kids playing with toys) Give me back them toys, you freeloaders! (takes the toys then runs over to a guy watching the movie) Show's over, cheapskate! (turns the tv off then presses a button that erases his memory of the movie)
Customer #3: Hey, it's my lucky day, a penny! (reaches for the penny)
Mr Krabs: Your luck just ran out. (grabs a hold of the customers arm)
 

TheBandGeek

New Member
One of my favorite episodes in the series. Mr. Krabs was cheap, but in a funny way (unlike Penny Foolish). Mr. Krabs almost breaks the guys arm just for a penny, which I find really funny. 10/10, of course.
 

LeElephantMonster

Active Member
This episode has the late season 3 charm that lots of us miss. I really like this episode but they never show it on nick at least my I decide to watch tv. This is one of the episodes where Mr Krab's cheapness is really funny even if he sells his employee. Im suprised nobody really commented on this......
 

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
This episode grows on me more and more every time I see it, it'll probably be one of my favorite soon. Krabs' greed is actually really funny here. Selling SpongeBob's soul to the Flying Dutchman was low, but I like that Squidward, of all people, chews him out for this and Krabs is genuinely remorseful.
 
It's another excellent season 3 episode and I think It's one of the best Mr. Krabs episodes. I know Mr. Krabs traded SpongeBob for 62 cents but at least he realized his mistake and he wanted SpongeBob back, not 62 cent. Mr. Krabs was bad in this episode but the other characters were great in this episode, especially Squidward because he was very funny in this episdoe and he acutally stood up for SpongeBob in this episode:
Squidward: "Mr. Krabs, I can't believe I'm saying this, but how could you trade SpongeBob for sixty-two cents?"
Mr. Krabs: "You think I could've gotten more?"
Squidward: "He stuck up for you and you sold him out. You should be ashamed of yourself!"
Also It's good to see Flying Dutchman again. This episode has many hilarious moments. Mr. Krabs being generous and then being cheap in this episode was funny. The old patty growling at SpongeBob cracked me up. Squidward sleeping in Mr. Krabs' office was hilarious. SpongeBob talking to Flying Dutchman at the end of this episode was very funny. 10/10
 

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I respect opinions, but how is Mr. Krabs selling his most loyal frycook's soul for 62 cents FUNNY?!?! That's not funny! That's just awful! That's not a cheapskate. Like More_Spongebob said, that's a prime example of a DISNEY VILLAIN! The only good parts about this episode are Squidward's rant against Mr. Krabs, and the fact that Krabs at least felt a bit of regret in the end.

Would you be surprised to hear that this used to be my least favorite episode (before Seasons 6-7)?

2/10 (abysmal)
 

More

VIP
GordokTheMad said:
I respect opinions, but how is Mr. Krabs selling his most loyal frycook's soul for 62 cents FUNNY?!?! That's not funny! That's just awful! That's not a cheapskate. Like More_Spongebob said, that's a prime example of a DISNEY VILLAIN! The only good parts about this episode are Squidward's rant against Mr. Krabs, and the fact that Krabs at least felt a bit of regret in the end.

Would you be surprised to hear that this used to be my least favorite episode (before Seasons 6-7)?

2/10 (abysmal)
I thought I quoted your review with the Disney Villian thing?
 

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
More_Spongebob said:
I thought I quoted your review with the Disney Villian thing?
Actually, you may have gotten me confused with a DeviantArt friend named TileMaxosBra. Did you get the quote from this?



"YOU CHEAPSTAKE! I'm gonna be honest with you, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Krabs sold his soul to Satan (Even thought he has already sold his soul to 10 diffrient demons inluding The Flying Dutchman and Spongebob himself.) but sold Spongebob for 61 cents? THAT'S NOT A CHEAPSTAKE! THAT'S A PRIME EXAMPLE OF A DISNEY VILLAIN!!!!
The only good thing about this episode is Squidward's rant against Mr. Krabs."
 

More

VIP
GordokTheMad said:
Actually, you may have gotten me confused with a DeviantArt friend named TileMaxosBra. Did you get the quote from this?



"YOU CHEAPSTAKE! I'm gonna be honest with you, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Krabs sold his soul to Satan (Even thought he has already sold his soul to 10 diffrient demons inluding The Flying Dutchman and Spongebob himself.) but sold Spongebob for 61 cents? THAT'S NOT A CHEAPSTAKE! THAT'S A PRIME EXAMPLE OF A DISNEY VILLAIN!!!!
The only good thing about this episode is Squidward's rant against Mr. Krabs."
Oh, she was the one to say that?
 
Top