56a. Born Again Krabs

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I love this episode. But I must be blind, because Im not seeing why this episode is hated.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Meh, I watched it again, and while it's still not 'good', it's not as bad as I once thought. I like Squidward's rant against Mr. Krabs and I like how Krabs actually regrets what he had done (selling Spongebob's soul for 62 cents). Not good, but not horrible, either.

6/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
GordokTheMad said:
Meh, I watched it again, and while it's still not 'good', it's not as bad as I once thought. I like Squidward's rant against Mr. Krabs and I like how Krabs actually regrets what he had done (selling Spongebob's soul for 62 cents). Not good, but not horrible, either.

6/10
Gordok, you are the first person I have seen that dislikes this episode. Yes I didn't like Mr. Krabs sold Spongebob, but at least he learned his lesson at the end, unlike Mr. Krabs in Spongebob You're Fired.

Spongetron Robotpants said:
Gordok, you are the first person I have seen that dislikes this episode. Yes I didn't like Mr. Krabs sold Spongebob, but at least he learned his lesson at the end, unlike Mr. Krabs in Spongebob You're Fired.
Well, Mr. Krabs did learn his lesson in SYF too.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SB_DW_Fan said:
Well, Mr. Krabs did learn his lesson in SYF too.
Didn't looked like it to me, since he couldn't let go of a effing nickel.

Cha

I love SBM
I never delve into this episode enough even though I should. Two words: character development. We get an episode where Mr. Krabs learns that the life of greed he was leading was literally costing him his life. I've got to give the SB crew credit, they almost kill off a SB character (even if it was just for a few moments). We got to see SpongeBob's and Squidward's reactions to him dying as well. Even at the end of the episode when you think Mr. Krabs is all greedy, he again learns the error of his way. Even though Eugene probably didn't improve at all, it was a great episode.

For negatives I'd probably say how negative Squidward was about Krabs' death. Even though I do realize it's a comedy cartoon show, it was still unneeded Squiddy. :P Like The Great Snail Race where SB pushes Gary too far, Mr. Krabs did the same with SpongeBob. But in both cases they do apologize to the one they did wrong to. That's probably one of the main reasons people dislike other episodes where one character abuses the other. It's because they don't apologize (New Pal for Gary, even through I am kinda tired of people constantly referencing the episode.)

CowBob RanchPants said:
I never delve into this episode enough even though I should. Two words: character development. We get an episode where Mr. Krabs learns that the life of greed he was leading was literally costing him his life. I've got to give the SB crew credit, they almost kill off a SB character (even if it was just for a few moments). We got to see SpongeBob's and Squidward's reactions to him dying as well. Even at the end of the episode when you think Mr. Krabs is all greedy, he again learns the error of his way. Even though Eugene probably didn't improve at all, it was a great episode.

For negatives I'd probably say how negative Squidward was about Krabs' death. Even though I do realize it's a comedy cartoon show, it was still unneeded Squiddy. :P Like The Great Snail Race where SB pushes Gary too far, Mr. Krabs did the same with SpongeBob. But in both cases they do apologize to the one they did wrong to. That's probably one of the main reasons people dislike other episodes where one character abuses the other. It's because they don't apologize (New Pal for Gary, even through I am kinda tired of people constantly referencing the episode.)
The character development is the main part I like of this episode.
It's not a bad episode by any means, but in my opinion, it's one of the weakest pre-movies and I'd choose many other post-movies over this one. I don't resent it like One Krab's Trash, but both episodes just give me a vibe that I really can't explain. 5/10 if anything.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
I think it's been some years since I last watched this episode, because I can't remeber a thing about it =O
I need to watch it again.
Okay, here I go:
Funny. Aww, How could I forget a so funnt episode X3
I think the best part was when Mr. Krabs didn't wanted the money after realizing what he did with SpongeBob...

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
One of the most forgettable if not THE most forgettable pre movie episodes. This feels so much like an episode that came out in season 6. Feels so much like a soap opera and so much of this episode is dull and bland in so many ways. It's not the worst season 3 episode because I don't hate it but I don't like it. 5/10

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
I don't see how exactly it's bland: Harold Flower, 62 cents, you almost broke a guy's arm for a penny, and SpongeBob being SpongeBob having the Dutchman pull a Squidward to get away from him and fail, it was all pretty hilarious. I can see it being a bit forgettable, but certainly not bland. It told a good story through the changes of Krabs back and forth of greed. 9.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 3

Episode: Born Again Krabs

This episode was very decent. The plot was decent. Mr.Krabs was kinda jerkish and greedy here for selling Spongebob's soul for 62 cents, but in the end he was at least remorseful. I liked it when Squidward stood up for Spongebob. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Never been a favorite of mine. I feel like the pacing was... off, like there was big gaps between the laughs, there are good laughs but they're spaced out on a way where I'm barely laughing. The plot itself is pretty messy too, it feels more like a forgettable season 4 episode in a way, the ending was a big cop-out too. This plot deserved a much better execution or humor. That said it's a perfectly watchable episode, just not one I'd go out of my way to view frequently.

6/10

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
I personally kind of dislike this episode. It's one of the worst of Season 3 imo. I usually don't mind when Mr. Krabs is cheap but I kind of felt like it went too far with it. When Mr Krabs sold SB's soul for 62 cents I found it kind of funny when I first watched it. Then I realized how sad it was when I thought about it. Not to mention the fact it didn't even seem like he learned in the end. Other than that the episode wasn't that good and I felt bored watching it. The Mr Krabs joke kind of pushed it over the edge.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This is one of my favourites from this season...I personally love it..My favourite scene is when Flying Dutchman gets teased by Mr.Krabs in the hospital with a fake name, and he is that fooled that asks the nurse about it..Seeing Mr.Krabs being generous even though he thought he's daydreaming was funny and original! I also like Squidward's sarcastic anxiety with Mr.Krabs tiny scissor when Mr.Krabs is back at the KK.. The scene where Mr.Krabs is almost ready to eat the rotten grey patty and suddenly an ambulance passes by is hilarious..At that time, when I was little I thought he already ate it, but he didn't...he ate it after that.. \It's one of these episodes where it's dark humour works out pretty well...10/10 :)

When I saw this episode, it felt like comedic turn on such a complex plot, it was easy for me to understand (pretty much because the writing making the plot more simple to understand). This episode truly stands out to me, not in a "I love this episode" way, but more of a "That was deep" way. This was so weird, that I kinda like it but am somewhat freaked out at the fact that Mr. Krabs would sell SpongeBob for 62 cents... 6/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
It was good, but kind of close to just decent, Mr. Krabs was at his worst in terms of pre-movie here, but i like the atmosphere and i thought some things were funny.

7/10

Back