27b. Life of Crime

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
Another episode that I feel like shows Patrick at his best with some really memorable and funny quotes. The chocolate bar scene in particular is a classic. Also, I wonder if I'm the only person who caught the reference to the vultures in The Jungle Book with Spongebob and Patrick saying "I don't know. Whatcha wanna do?".

9.5/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Favourite Season 2 episode, this episode has so much humour and a good moral. I liked it when Patrick talks about the fire and it goes out, the chocolate bar scene was funny and it has one of my all-time favourite quotes, "RECTANGLES!".

10/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
This is the first perfect episode in the season for me, Every single joke hit bullseye for me, with a special mention going to the ending (ALRIGHT, WHICH ONE OF YOU FLATFOOTS STOLE MY LOLLIPOP, I MEAN IT), This is my 3rd favorite episode of Season 2.

10/10

PowerKamek

Baby Clam
"You Took My Only Food... Now I'm Gonna Starve!" - Patrick
Possibly one of the funniests quotes on SpongeBob!

I really like this one! This is an episode with an interesting premise and great execution. It's also got some of the funniest lines in the whole show.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Hype (A+)
2. Big Pink Loser (A+)
3. Life of Crime (A)
4. Dying For Pie (A)
5. Squidville (A)
6. Squid's Day Off (A)
7. Imitation Krabs (B)
8. Your Shoe's Untied (B)
9. Prehibernation Week (B)
10. Something Smells (B)
11. Wormy (C)
12. Bossy Boots (C)
13. Bubble Buddy (C)
14. Grandma's Kisses (F)

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Honestly, if I broke the law, I'd either hide from the police or run away from my town, like what SpongeBob and Patrick did in this very episode this thread is based on. This episode is one of my favorites in Season 2, and it teaches a very important lesson about stealing is bad and that borrowing is okay as long as you bring back the item you borrowed to the owner of said item. There is a shrimp-ton of funny jokes in it, including the chocolate bar jokes and the Crustacean Crime Theater gag in the beginning. This episode is great!
Great Episode 10/10

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
Patrick: I think I'll eat it now! [eats candy bar] I think I'll eat it now! [bites hand]

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I like this one. It's really funny, and the plot is pretty well handled from the most part. The exchanges between Spongebob and Patrick are just really entertaining here. My only issue is that the beginning of this episode feels a little slow, but that's pretty minor. Also, this doesn't matter too much, but I wish that the twist that it was actually free balloon day was revealed at the end of the episode. I think that would make it a lot funnier as well as setting the stakes higher for Spongebob and Patrick.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Dying For Pie (9)
2. Something Smells (9)
3. Patty Hype (9)
4. Big Pink Loser (9)
5. Squidville (9)
6. Squid's Day Off (8)
7. Imitation Krabs (8)
8. Wormy (8)
9. Life of Crime (8)
10. Prehibernation Week (7)
11. Bossy Boots (6)
12. Your Shoe's Untied (6)
13. Bubble Buddy (5)
14. Grandma's Kisses (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
5.5/10

I used to like this one, but now remembering it, this isn't the best of SpongeBob and Patrick. Hate me for all you want, but SpongeBob (not Patrick though, he's normal) is way stupider than he usually is. He does have his moments, but in this episode, he's basically Patrick levels of stupid. Patrick was technically PatPrick in this episode, but it's at least funnier than all the other times. And the twist, well, not the best. Kind of just felt like a waste of time.

Big Pink Loser: (10/10)
Something Smells: (10/10)
Squidville: (10/10)
Imitation Krabs: (10/10)
Patty Hype: (10/10)
Squids Day Off: (9.5/10)
Dying for Pie: (9/10)
Wormy: (9/10)
Your Shoes Untied: (9/10)
Bossy Boots: (8.5/10)
Pre-Hibernation Week: (6.5/10)
Grandma's Kisses: (6.5/10)
Life of Crime: (5.5/10)
Bubble Buddy: (4/10)

Yoshi

Giant Clam
Patrick: We'll not talking about some mailfront scheme or hijacking, WE STOLE A BALLOON!

Tropes I predict this uses
1. Blatant Lies; the famous quote "You took my only food! Now I'm gonna starve!
2. Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking;see above quote
3. ####### Ball; Downplayed. to SpongeBob when Patrick forgets he ate his chocolate bar and accuses SpongeBob for eating it.
4. Idiot Ball; An exaggerated downplayed. Patrick is dumber than usual in this episode.

Back