josemiguex

Imitation Krab
The first part of the episode is good but the second part focuses more on crazy visuals rather than actual humor, some parts made me laugh due of crazy it is, but nothing really memorable

6.5/10

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
For some reason, at first I thought this episode was a short (which honestly wouldn't of been a bad idea tbh), but to my surprise it was a normal length episode and had more to offer than I originally thought. There were only two things that really annoyed me in this episode... First was that dang kid. Like where is his parents at because that kid NEEDS some help, BUT I did get a laugh out of the daddy issues joke because it actually hit home for me in some way (rip). And second, I did not like how Patrick acted over the food, it was very predictable and all it made me want to do was roll my eyes and check out through those scenes until SpongeBob got some sense into him. Otherwise, I did enjoy the premise and the adventure of it all and i'm surprised the writers did not do this sort of story sooner. I liked what the krusty crew had to offer in the catering department for both parties even if it didn't necessarily work out in the end, but the ride was fun. It was an interesting location and I really appreciated the visuals. 7.5/10 IMO.

This episode is just a mess. It doesn't know when to slow down. The birthday kid was also kind of annoying, and the whole birthday party thing was kinda gross. But the episode was kinda funny, so it gets a pass from me.

Ranking so far:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Mimic Madness (A)
3. Mermaid Pants (A)
4. Code Yellow (B)
5. Whirlybrains (C)
6. House Worming (C)
7. Krusty Katering (C)
8. Snooze You Lose (D)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This one is gonna spawn an unpopular opinion. I think this one is okay because its annoying and funny idk why im neutral with this one. But i am.

Rating: Dull

Rankings:
Code Yellow (Perfect)
Mermaid Pants (Amazing!)
Mimic Madness (Superb)
Whirly Brains (Good)
Krusty Katering (Dull)
House Worming (Meh)
Unreal Estate (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ooh I’ve been excited to get to this one, because “Krusty Katering” is basically the beginning of what I see as a little series of episodes with the title scheme “Krusty K___”. And yes, we’ve had episodes with that scheme before, but these episodes are also connected by having the same general plots, which are the Krusty Krab venturing into a new business practice. And yes, I know that that is also a common plot, but listen, I don’t know how else to justify my grouping of these episodes. Let’s just get into the review so we can ignore that.

This episode begins in medias res (I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to actually use that term) with the Krusty Krab catering a kid’s birthday party. This scene is probably the funniest scene between Mr. Krabs/the Krusty Krab and random kids since “Krabby Land”. The kids being absolute terrors is a trope we know all too well, and it’s hilarious. Squidward seeing them as germ factories is 100% justified too. This scene really goes rapid-fire with the jokes, and I of course can’t go through them all. Just know that I really liked this scene, it had me laughing and chuckling. Also, Plankton being the piñata is hilarious. And this is one of those episodes where Patrick is a part of the Krusty Krew, and he too is not having the best luck entertaining the kids. Actually, none of the Krew are, and it’s just too, too funny.

When the Krew make a break for it, they run into an ultra rich lady who’s waiting for her own catering. And of course, we all know what this means…Mr. Krabs is gonna want that cash. So now the Krusty Krab is catering a rich people party. The bit between Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob was really funny and cute (SpongeBob’s angry face is just adorable to me). And Mr. Krabs using Squidward to give everyone tuxedos was pretty smart writing (especially considering how rarely Squidward’s ability to ink is used in the show).

One thing I really like about this episode is that it splits up the 4 characters, leading to an impressive balancing of 4 tiny subplots. And all these little subplots are good too. We got SpongeBob trying to pretty up the patties, Mr. Krabs trying to get rid of the little kid and return the jewels SpongeBob lowkey stole, Patrick handing out the food (but being extremely possessive of it), and Squidward trying to join the live music. These are just an enjoyable way to spend the rest of this episode. The main plot is, of course, Mr. Krabs and the boy, especially as we get almost emotional for a second there, before the rug is pulled out from under us (or under the boy to be precise, because we all know who Mr. Krabs is).

And of course, all 4 of the plots come crashing back together as we move into our chaotic SpongeBob SquarePants ending. Now, here’s a fun fact. Whenever I talk about chaos endings and how much I love them, this is the episode that comes to mind for me. Idk, maybe because it’s one of the most chaotic endings this show has had, maybe because it’s the result of a bunch of plotlines coming together and is thus more memorable. Maybe because the episode ends with the chaos still going on, as the wave with everyone on it rides into the sunset. I’m not sure what the reason is. And whatever the case may be, the fact is that I love this chaotic ending. It’s funny and very entertaining, and a great way to close out this episode. Not to mention, that ending shot is gorgeous.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

FryBob PattyPants

Semi-Anthropomorphic Sponge
Lots of fun gags along with a fast, goofy pacing made this my favorite episode of this season. The "Are You My Father?" gag cracked me up.

Episode Grade: 93/100 (A)

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
I think pugs4thugs said it better on their review
all 4 of the plots come crashing back together
Which 4 plots at once isn't a bad thing the thing that matters is the execution which was a pretty good episode just too messy but still really good
  1. Mimic Madness (19/10)
  2. Unreal Estate (10/10)
  3. Code Yellow (9.5/10)
  4. Krusty Katering (9.5/10)
  5. Mermaidpants (9.5/10)
  6. Whirly Brains (8/10)
  7. Snooze You Lose (5/10)
  8. House Worming (3.5/10)

Back