206b. Code Yellow

Chrdrenkmann

This episode just aired in Germany. Usually, I don't write long posts on this forum, but because I feel like this episode's treatment is unjustified, I'll make an exception.

The visual humor was great: Squidward's different noses at the beginning and near the end,nSpongeBob's nose moving around Squidward, the new skeleton being pushed into the marathon runner... and that were only a few examples.

There wasn't much funny dialogue, but SpongeBob saying that krabby patties taste even better than keys was pretty hilarious.

The operation sequence was really well done. It was a good decision that it wasn't shown clearly, so they didn't go over the top.

The gross close-ups of Squidward's nose were alright, neither great nor awful.

Storywise, I don't understand why people say it's choppy/all over the place. SpongeBob became a doctor due to a misunderstanding, he helped other people and moved on to operate Squidward's nose. In my opinion, that's a very easy to follow plot.

Furthermore, I LOVED the fact that SpongeBob didn't just cause a big mess and actually helped people in this episode. I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that.

The only thing that I didn't like was the ending which felt too abrupt (which is weird, because the episode immediately started with Squidward thinking about getting a new nose).

This episode receives an A- from me. A few more funny lines would have pushed it to a solid A.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Seriously I watched both ''Unreal Estate'' and ''Code Yellow'' yesterday because I couldn't resist (I wanted to wait until July 28 that they will premiere in Greece but I just couldn't resist) and this episode is probably my favorite so far..and when I saw the comments , I was like...Ohhhh, let the ''squid abuse'' drama start again...anyway...IMO this episode was HILARIOUS....The CatFish gag, SpongeBob saying ''Mmh, strawberry!'' after eating the candy red-stripes off his suit, all of these squid noses , Squilliam's cameo, SpongeBob saving all these patients with a ridiculous -yet hilarious- way...SpongeBob perfoming a surgery in front of a crowd , just hilarious...Also, when I was a kid I ALWAYS wanted to see a SpongeBob episode where the Bikini Bottom Hospital would have a major role as the place...it FINALLY happened...I freakin love this episode , hands down 10/10 <3 :D

Hazmart

This episode is very funny, it has a lot of jokes and visual gags, and a well done pace. I don't find the gross out scenes as a bad thing, they are just jokes, and there's not a "Squid Torture" because he's not shown suffering, that's just black humor, and the series always had gross and black humor, Spongebob is not a series like MLP. Besides this episode has some creative humor, like the sequence of the squidward's noses or spongebob doing tricks.

8.5/10

Squidy

The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
This is just just BAD I mean bad, bad, bad, bad. This episode is MEGA SCUMBOB. This episode has an adult joke which saves it from being a 2. It's a Squidward getting hurt episode. Now I just never want to watch SpongeBob again. 2.5/10. If it weren't funny it would be a 1.

I like this episode, but it's not too special. I think that the concept of this episode could work, and they made it pretty decently, but this episode could have been even better.

Ranking so far:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Mermaid Pants (A)
3. Code Yellow (B)
4. Whirlybrains (C)

FutureSponge

I'm not a fan of this episode. I thought that Spongebob imitating a doctor was annoying, and if there were any way I could think to describe this episode, it'd be the ending of Slide Whistle Stooges extended to be an entire full-length episode. It's infuriating and kinda dark (in an unfunny way) to see Spongebob terrorize and injure patients in the hospital, and of course Squidward is at the butt of all the jokes, and receives unfair torment for no reason. 4/10.