196a. The Fish Bowl

Cha

I love SBM
Oh hey nice new Sandy music in the begnning, and I actually like how it started off with just her instead of SpongeBob tagging along too. Actually makes me start to like her more again when she acts silly like this. And I do like when she studies marine animals as that's why she got a treedome underwater in the first place. Oh and Sandy being around SB/Pat's shenanigans is instead of Squidward is a good change. Speaking of, Squidward getting giddy for free ice cream tho. (But who doesn't enjoy it.) Has anyone noticed Patrick always says "my good man" in multiple eps too.

Patrick was kinda a jerk being a boss but I found SB's childlike attitude to him really funny as well and I'm sure SB would get a swelled head about being the boss too eventually. Kinda was about nothing, but again some interactions were nice.

liked SB's face for some reason, reminds me of older seasons

CrNqQNJ.png

This is the worst season 9.2 episode I've ever seen. Too bad I was actually looking forward to this one. The plot seemed promising but a lot of jokes here were really dmb ulike Patrick's brian hanging from his nosehole? Cringe-worhty jokes. For the first time, I actually agree that Squidward felt really OOC here. In ohter season 9.2 episodes, you could understand Squidward's zaniness at least. Here it makes no sense. Oh yeah, lets make him go crazy for ice cream for no reason and repeat that joke over and over. As for SpongeBob and Patrick interactions, there was nothing that kept me entertained. Patrick was a jerk to SpongeBob and here's what I'm bugged about. He actually apoligized for this actions but later SpongeBob says it was all experiment's fault for him to act like a jerk. Bullshrimp. Oh yeah, being in charge means being a hole. The ending was really lame too, it ended on a bad and unfunny note. I gotta give the episode credit for nice facial expressing and it was fun to see Sandy experimenting fishes at the begining of the episode. Rest was really lame.

Grade: C-

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Cha said:
Oh hey nice new Sandy music in the begnning, and I actually like how it started off with just her instead of SpongeBob tagging along too. Actually makes me start to like her more again when she acts silly like this. And I do like when she studies marine animals as that's why she got a treedome underwater in the first place. Oh and Sandy being around SB/Pat's shenanigans is instead of Squidward is a good change. Speaking of, Squidward getting giddy for free ice cream tho. (But who doesn't enjoy it.) Has anyone noticed Patrick always says "my good man" in multiple eps too.

Patrick was kinda a jerk being a boss but I found SB's childlike attitude to him really funny as well and I'm sure SB would get a swelled head about being the boss too eventually. Kinda was about nothing, but again some interactions were nice.

liked SB's face for some reason, reminds me of older seasons

CrNqQNJ.png
f4e26828d8e67fb749edfc99afce1739.png

8be74542cb7c4966b073f36508b11afe.png

75ad08c50193e0dee97943e238ef29ac.jpg
1bd1bc1a5019ca29467931d1ad300982.jpg

Drawings in post second movie remind me of Season 4, they're bright and expressionful (if that's a word :P )

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I was kind of hoping I'd like this episode more than I did since we get Sandy episodes so rarely, but I thought this was okay.

I loved Sandy in this episode, I love when she gets to be zany like she is here.

Speaking of zaniness, I kind of agree that Squidward was a bit too zany here, but I don't mind it so much because tbh I found it pretty cute.

SpongeBob was also really cute in this episode.

Giant Clam
Finally saw this one and it was kinda...... lacklustre. Patrick was a jerk but at least he realized it at the end. I bet enterbots are going to hate this one. It was alright. Maybe a 6.5/10 for this one. It was fine, but it was definitely one of the weaker ones this season.

777 said:
Finally saw this one and it was kinda...... lacklustre. Patrick was a jerk but at least he realized it at the end. I bet enterbots are going to hate this one. It was alright. Maybe a 6.5/10 for this one. It was fine, but it was definitely one of the weaker ones this season.
They'll hate it cuz it's a poorly written episode. :sbface:

jk

I sort of thought this episode was more or less... what I didn't expect. Where's the "fishbowl" in this one? :?

Otherwise, pretty standard. It's got the usual gags to keep it nicely afloat, but I thought this one was a little off with character. Could be more like a Season 7 or 8 episode to me.

8.5/10

I didn't get the title at first either, but I think it's either a reference to the bowls of ice cream or spying on people like fish in a bowl.

Yuri On Ice

That Dude from SBC with all the Wendy Avatars
Idk, I was really disappointed with this ep in rewatching and I already wasn't hot on it. Sandy on the bus observing people was kinda funny, but then it just became weirdly pitting SB and Patrick against one another. I guess part of it is that Patrick has been a leader/in charge before and while Patrick acted like it was a novel event, it's kinda ho-hum for the repeat viewer. And then, of course, it really just doesn't work to have Patrick be a jerk really (yeah he was, even if he was being manipulated by Sandy.) Honestly the funniest thing was Squidward and the ice cream gag and any time minor Squid abuse is the quality part of an episode, that's a bad sign. 3.5/10

BobCarotte

meep
I finally watched it and I want to say that I'm very disappointed because I thought this episode would be interesting but it's actually...boring. Patrick was a jerk but at least he realized it. Squidward was OOC but it didn't bother me tbh. This is the weakest Season 9.2 episode (it doesn't mean it's bad, though). I give it a 6.5/10.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: The Fishbowl

This episode was decent. The plot was kinda mediocre. I liked when Sandy was observing sea animals. Patrick was kinda a jerk, but in the end he redeemed himself (although he blamed science). The Squidward gag was cute, but became lackluster later. There were few funny jokes. 6/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Gave it a rewatch, and to tell ya the truth, this episode wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I felt truly disappointed, I thought we would get a very interesting episode, but the truth is, it just felt underwhelming. There were some jokes that I liked, the beginning's pretty solid, and I actually kinda liked Squidward here. Squid's actions were kind of adorable IMO, maybe that just me. Patrick acted like a bit of a jerk, but at least he wasn't that bad, unlike in previous episodes (Smoothe Jazz @ BB, SITW, and some more). There were some nice facial expressions, and I liked when Spongebob ate the ice cream. Overall, it just felt lackluster compared to other episodes, and it is one of the post-second movie duds out there. This gets a big, fat 6/10. Just an average episode, and it is hovering around MEH territory.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Ol Bold and Brash said:
This episode is so underrated definitely the most underrated Season 9b episode and it's kinda close to overhated category
Me, Fa, and Tibbs are the only ones to give under a 5 out of pure dislike/hatred while there's been at least 5 people with a minimum of 8, and most are somewhere in the middle. :|

Ol Bold and Brash said:
This episode is so underrated definitely the most underrated Season 9b episode and it's kinda close to overhated category
So what? I didn't like this at all and most of us didn't but there's a difference betweden dislike and hate. I've seen like 2-3 people hating this one, while others said it was just disappointing. Let people dislike whatever episode they want. It's not like every post-second movie episodes are gonna be good.

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
This episode is so underrated definitely the most underrated Season 9b episode

"Overhated" means it gets endless bashing and treatment as if it's a horrible legend. This episode isn't exactly overhated, and just because someone hates an episode doesn't mean that's a bad thing. I'm not trying to be mean, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
I finally saw this episode on Kiss Cartoon after not seeing the day it came and I probably agree with WhoBob here. While it's not in the season 7 level of badness, the plot is a huge letdown. But it is actually my least favorite episode of season 9.2/post-sequel era so far. You know it's sad that this episode and Married to Money are the opposite of what I excepted. I excepted this episode to be promising only be somewhat stupid and lackluster. Married to Money on the other side, sounds stupid as heck, but with bigger emotional moments and actually handling the plot very well, was better than excepted. :/ Well, the upside was the animation being great like this week's episodes are. The faces are hilarious as well which stops me from hating it downright. Now I can see the criticisms are heading. Patrick was definitley like his later post movie self, acting like a jerk just because he was in charge. I'll give it credit because he did feel the same way like he did in Rule of Dumb: guilt although he blames it on science (even though he was much harsher here, his jerkiness in Rule of Dumb was done in a comedic way). This is almost like Driven to Tears/SITW level of jerkness which all also had SpongeBob getting angry at Patrick for treating him like crap. Sandy was decent here even though she's the cause of the main conflict, but I'll give another credit for being the first post-sequel episode focusing on her (even though it became another SB/Patrick gets in an argument episode). Squidward's appearances, while shoehorned as hell, were actually amusing, except for the ending, which was random (and I noticed in a promo, they actually spoiled the ending which that very same moment). He did seem too like SpongeBob and Patrick here, but I found it funny. At least we took a break from the Krusty Krab for one episode (and Krabs is absent). All in all, a really middle of the road episode that not even this new era will be safe from weak episodes (but then again, the first three seasons did had a few weak episodes). :/ 5/10 would be my score

Back