196a. The Fish Bowl

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
It was an okay episode, not too much for me. There were a few good jokes, including the gag with the gold prospector coming up everytime "Eureka!" was said and the Patrick Corp. bit. Also, Sandy doing an Italian accent :wut:

J-444

Floating Shopping List
This episode was... not very good at all. Let's just get this out of the way, this episode just felt ABSOLUTELY DUMB. I also cannot believe that my opinions clash with the majority of the above viewers.

Pros:
Sandy, in every scene except the bus one and that goshawful ending
The miner (And his buddy)
Gary's interaction with Sandy near the end xD :D

THAT IS LITERALLY ALL. For me, Patrick's apologizing felt forced. Not to pull an Enter...

Patrick said:
SpongeBob, you can't always expect my usual brand of stupidity. I like to mix it up. Keep you on your toes.
Mr. Enter said:
He's doing it on purpose... (-"The Card" review)
...but what's said in that scene and the implications suggest that Patrick is normally always a smug jerk to Spongebob, and only treats him good if someone else is watching him. NOT THE CASE, IVERSEN... TIBBIT... WHOEVER GOT IT THROUGH!

Cons:
Bus scene
All of Patrick
Spongebob being his problem scapegoat, not getting a break (And for suggesting Patrick's in charge, dumb any way you look at it)
Squidward only being in it to see him get tormented

Plus, the title feels kind of like a lie: Spongebob and Patrick can just leave the house any time (They aren't enclosed), but to prove me wrong, Sandy is just watching them do what they do in the house with (accurately) a hundred cameras.

This episode, for me, gets a big, fat, 2/10. (1/5)

Here's hoping that "Married to Money" - and the rest of the week - is a LOT better than this. This is the true low point of it all. :(

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Guys, SOS, do we have a link to watch this episode? I really want to watch it but it was 2 or 3AM by the time this episode was airing in here and I fell asleep , do we have a link? I really wanna watch it :(

Perry The Platypus

....What?
Not too much to say on htis one. It's decent, has some okay gags and I like how Patrick realizes he was being a jerk, and how he blames it on science. Nothing special but it' alright.

Giant Clam
It's been 2 days when the hell is Kisscartoon going to put up this episode for god's sake

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
SpongyMaterial said:
Wait until the Enterbots start calling this a "Squidward torture" or "Patrick's a jerk" episode. <_<
The thing is....those were parts of it. I'm nowhere near an Enterbot but using Squidward as an experiment against his will (maybe not torture but I'm pretty sure some obscure law has that being illegal without consent), and Patrick's behavior give a reasonable explanation for these to be parts of it, of course they're not the main part of the episode but they still take up a reasonable portion in at least the latter half of the episode.

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
Trophy said:
The thing is....those were parts of it. I'm nowhere near an Enterbot but using Squidward as an experiment against his will (maybe not torture but I'm pretty sure some obscure law has that being illegal without consent), and Patrick's behavior give a reasonable explanation for these to be parts of it, of course they're not the main part of the episode but they still take up a reasonable portion in at least the latter half of the episode.
I respect those who don't like this episode. But, I feel like those kinds of people bash Patrick and praise Squidward too much, even when certain actions or sufferings are respectively justified.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
SpongyMaterial said:
I respect those who don't like this episode. But, I feel like those kinds of people bash Patrick and praise Squidward too much, even when certain actions or sufferings are respectively justified.
Uh, Squidward wasn't justified in this ep, and Patrick "blamed it on science" which in actuality nullifies the apology IMHO.

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
Trophy said:
Uh, Squidward wasn't justified in this ep, and Patrick "blamed it on science" which in actuality nullifies the apology IMHO.
Fair point. I still loved the episode, though!

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
i liked this episode, but i didn't love it. i enjoyed sandy throughout most of it but i feel like it's more in character for her be a bit more sadistic than she was here....if that makes sense. i feel like there was a lot of missed potential.

eta: the bus scene was definitely my favorite part though, i loved it. "older, lumpy-looking female subject..." lmaoooo. sandy's response to squidward both times he tried to get ice cream was great too.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I sort of thought this episode was more or less... what I didn't expect. Where's the "fishbowl" in this one? :?

Otherwise, pretty standard. It's got the usual gags to keep it nicely afloat, but I thought this one was a little off with character. Could be more like a Season 7 or 8 episode to me.

8.5/10

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Disgusting. Its what I feel while watching.
Terrible episode, terrible.

Sometimes I wonder why am I still a SpongeBob fan :T
And I know, because sometimes it's good, it depends of the writers.

I miss old Sandy, even Sandy from season 8 was better.

Well, Squidward was cute acting like a child wanting Ice Cream(before the ending, while in the truck).
Poor Squidward.
Patrick was a jerk, oh well, that's why I don't like him. (Rule of The dumb?!)

2/10
2 Because Squidward was cute, and SpongeBob wasn't out of character, he was just like himself.

BobCarotte

meep
Disgusting. Its what I feel while watching.
Terrible episode, terrible.

Sometimes I wonder why am I still a SpongeBob fan :T
And I know, because sometimes it's good, it depends of the writers.

I miss old Sandy, even Sandy from season 8 was better.

Well, Squidward was cute acting like a child wanting Ice Cream(before the ending, while in the truck).
Poor Squidward.
Patrick was a jerk, oh well, that's why I don't like him. (Rule of The dumb?!)

2/10
2 Because Squidward was cute, and SpongeBob wasn't out of character, he was just like himself.
Where did you watch this episode? Just curious :)

Back