195a. SpongeBob LongPants

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode was pretty good, I didn't like the ending, but other than that, it was fine.

7.5/10

Cha

I love SBM
Random things I wrote down during watching, so they might not make too much sense

Oh hey look, a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy billboard, even if they said they're not going to have episodes with them anymore at least we have little cameos like this. Though omg another MM&BB movie like the Motion Picture ep.

And lol SpongeBob being tricked by a con man again. He really does look good with pants. It's kinda weird bc while he was wearing round pants he THOUGHT everyone didn't recognize him (except Patrick but you know him) but in this one the citizens actually don't, they call him a man.

Wow seeing SB actually get tired of the Krusty Krab kinda seems OOC for how crazy he loves it in post-movie. Kinda reminds me of As Seen On Tv in the olden daysIt's kinda weird seeing SB not going to Boating School. This ep is kinda like Porous Pockets but SB isn't full of himself. SpongeBob standing up for his friends ruled. Mr. Krabs cutting off SB's legs and not knowing they grew back is great. Even though he could have been handicapped forever... uh..

SPONGEBOB GOT HIS LICENSE... for a short time though he got one in Gone too but he made it himself.
A good episode that I thought didn't feel awkward or anything, will have to rewatch to see how I fully feel about it.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
NOTE: I need to rewatch this to get a better understanding of the episode. Between watching time and writing time, a little bit slipped from my mind.

A good, just not great episode IMO. For me, it felt kind of formulaic while not being that formulaic.There were some good gags (The "Reboot" gag at the beginning, Squidward having no pants (Something probably very few take to mind), the dry-cleaning bait-and-switch, and mostly, Mrs. Puff's appearances) while also having a few bad ones (Squid Abuse AGAIN (At least it's milder), Theater Pants Discrimination, Spatula close-up). I also find it clever that the writers acknowledged TSONTS with the "Who Is That Person" fake-outs with Squidward and Krabs. Making use of Spongebob's sponge powers, like it's sister episode, is also nice to see.

Overall, I'd give this a 6.5/10 (or a 3.25/5 in Star- or Blu-ray.com-speak).

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Sgt. Tibbs said:
NOTE: I need to rewatch this to get a better understanding of the episode. Between watching time and writing time, a little bit slipped from my mind.

A good, just not great episode IMO. For me, it felt kind of formulaic while not being that formulaic.There were some good gags (The "Reboot" gag at the beginning, Squidward having no pants (Something probably very few take to mind), the dry-cleaning bait-and-switch, and mostly, Mrs. Puff's appearances) while also having a few bad ones (Squid Abuse AGAIN (At least it's milder), Theater Pants Discrimination, Spatula close-up). I also find it clever that the writers acknowledged TSONTS with the "Who Is That Person" fake-outs with Squidward and Krabs. Making use of Spongebob's sponge powers, like it's sister episode, is also nice to see.

Overall, I'd give this a 6.5/10 (or a 3.25/5 in Star- or Blu-ray.com-speak).
You mentioning blu-ray makes me hope season 9 comes out on it.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
The episode was kinda boring. SB still looks really cool in those pants, but I was waiting something else, without MM and BB included (Sorry, not a big fan of them) I need to rewatch, anyway, to have a better understanding.

The atmosphere of this episode was kinda like SpongeBob you're fired. Because it was a "calm" episode. I liked the voice of SB.
Sandy always caring about SpongeBob was kinda cute, she remembered to buy tickets for him.
And the others characters are just like they are post first-movie, nothing special.

Oh well, I guess I'm getting old.

Kinda weird seeing something I wrote in a Spandy fic kinda happen, SB don't wanted his clothes getting dirty, but they got dirty anyway... And the first place they got dirty was in the Krusty Krab with ketchup, and then in the street :P Coincidence I guess... hehe :T Wanted to work on SpongeBob so bad! :'(

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
this episode was pretty meh but there were some great moments."the table" thing reminded me of wacky deli from rocko's modern life, and mrs. puff's cameo was great. i also liked seeing spongebob being so uncomfortable at the party.

eta: it would have been more interesting if sandy had given spongebob more crap about trying to be grown up and fancy. it kinda felt like she only was there to exist and be nice? (sorry.) also, mr krabs' characterization is getting so much better, i am sooooo happy that they've really been making an effort to un-flanderize him!

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
babydoll said:
also, mr krabs' characterization is getting so much better, i am sooooo happy that they've really been making an effort to un-flanderize him!
Was waiting for someone to notice this.. it seems that Mr Krabs once again cares for SpongeBob outside of work, something I loved in the early days (Sailor Mouth and Hooky come to mind), and still do love it. :)

GRAVITY FALLS FINALE

This was a nice episode to be honest. It wasn't that funny to me but I was invested into plot of SpongeBob trying a different life style. I found it to be amusing, not the mention all of these hot SpongeBob moments. The pacing was pretty well balanced and it didn't bother me much. If there's one moment that I really find it so funny, that's Mrs. Puff's appearance, that made the whole episode imo. I also find it interesting, yet strange that there's a Mermaid Man and Barnacle reboot, I mean Mermaid Man didn't technically die in the series and they already had brought back Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, If you remember their first episode in the sertes. I dunno, it's strange.

This wasn't as funny and entertaining as The Sewers of Bikini Bottom but it's another good one by Kaz.

Grade: B

Giant Clam
I finally saw this episode and.... it was pretty good, about as good as an episode with this premise can be. Do remember that I have NOT seen TSONTS before, so I cannot compare the two episodes.

I loved how the long pants got stuck to him, and I also love the irony that I like, never EVER wear shorts, even in summer, yet here I was sitting here watching the episode on a totally legal website. This episode felt very much like one of the better episodes in season 4 or 5. About as good as its sister episode.

Although the episode DID feel a bit bitty and all over the place.

Overall, a nice episode.

7.5/10.

More

VIP
I thought this episode was really fun.

Was it stupid? Completely. Having SpongeBob get his life completely changed because of a couple inches of legs will in no logical way deny you entry to a movie or give you your license automatically and it was made blatantly obvious that it's exclusively pants and it makes no sense why everyone's such an idiot all of a sudden. (Although Mrs. Puff preparing for apocalypse was really funny XD) And the actual plot was extremely predictable.

What worked here was the really fast pacing and jokes at every second. While I'd rather not spoil the comedy here I can tell you it was hilarious. From brief nods of continuity to incredibly sudden realizations, and really funny satire (the joke about watching a table for 3 hours was fun), it was a riot.

It's par with the rest of the season. It wasn't revolutionary but it was enjoyable. Although on a side note, it's interesting that the show's starting to use pop-culture references more often (like the obvious ties to The Dark Night Rises). It's nice that the show's catching up to the times, and it's not to the point where it's dated or distracting, but it seemed to be the one thing the show avoided to keep it more unique. :dunno:

MrTortellini00 said:
You know what? That guy on SB Wiki, Reedjack, said that this episode was terrible JUST because SpongeBob cried for about 15 minutes in the episode. Yet he probably liked Grandma's Kisses, where he cried for a long time. Is that guy really that desperate? -_-
Lol nice, Reedjack :squidtroll:

Loopers

Sportz?
You know what? That guy on SB Wiki, Reedjack, said that this episode was terrible JUST because SpongeBob cried for about 15 minutes in the episode. Yet he probably liked Grandma's Kisses, where he cried for a long time. Is that guy really that desperate? -_-

saw it too lol

MrTortellini00 said:
eh, who cares? Let them whine whatever they found terrible, there's no need to get mad for that, it's unnecessary and pointless.
More_Spandy said:
I thought this episode was really fun.

Was it stupid? Completely. Having SpongeBob get his life completely changed because of a couple inches of legs will in no logical way deny you entry to a movie or give you your license automatically and it was made blatantly obvious that it's exclusively pants and it makes no sense why everyone's such an idiot all of a sudden. (Although Mrs. Puff preparing for apocalypse was really funny xD) And the actual plot was extremely predictable.

What worked here was the really fast pacing and jokes at every second. While I'd rather not spoil the comedy here I can tell you it was hilarious. From brief nods of continuity to incredibly sudden realizations, and really funny satire (the joke about watching a table for 3 hours was fun), it was a riot.

It's par with the rest of the season. It wasn't revolutionary but it was enjoyable. Although on a side note, it's interesting that the show's starting to use pop-culture references more often (like the obvious ties to The Dark Night Rises). It's nice that the show's catching up to the times, and it's not to the point where it's dated or distracting, but it seemed to be the one thing the show avoided to keep it more unique. :dunno:
there was a reference to that movie? How I couldn't notice it?

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Well..... Spongebob LongPants was... better than I thought it was. It wasn't great, it was "meh," but it was alright.

Spongebob's personality reboot was refreshing, I liked Squidward's appearance, some of the jokes were funny. Most of the jokes were contrived and repetitive though. :/

meh..... it didn't annoy me like LiBB though

also... spongebob's voice is closer to how it originally was, I respect that bruh

This episode was pretty good. Not really meh or great, just good. Updated episode list:

1. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9.6/10)
2. Patrick! the Game! (9.5/10)
3. Squid Plus One (9/10)
4. What's Eating Patrick? (8.6/10)
5. Pull Up A Barrel (8.5/10)
6. Tutor Sauce (8/10)
7. Larry's Gym (7.6/10)
8. SpongeBob LongPants (7.5/10)
9. The Executive Treatment (7.3/10)
10. Sanctuary! (7/10)
11. Lost in Bikini Bottom (5.5/10)
12. Company Picnic (5/10)

Supmandude

Squog
Fantastic episode!!! Really good gags and writing and plot and such!!!! 10/10 :D

I liked hearing SpongeBob be called Robert again. I believe Patrick SmartPants is the only other time that ever happened.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: SpongeBob LongPants

This episode was great. The plot was nice. There were many funny jokes. 9/10

Back