195a. SpongeBob LongPants

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Well..... Spongebob LongPants was... better than I thought it was. It wasn't great, it was "meh," but it was alright.

Spongebob's personality reboot was refreshing, I liked Squidward's appearance, some of the jokes were funny. Most of the jokes were contrived and repetitive though. :/

meh..... it didn't annoy me like LiBB though

also... spongebob's voice is closer to how it originally was, I respect that bruh

i agree completely with everything you said here. even though i definitely didn't LOVE the episode, the story flowed naturally and it made sense, and the long pants thing never felt cheap or gimmicky (like TSONTS did, and like so many other post-first-movie plots and plot devices do).

spongebob's voice definitely sounded deeper and i am happy about that.

Supmandude

Squog
I'm not sure if I like SpongeBob's voice change or not. It's hard to get used to for me personally. I liked the way it sounded in the other episodes in this season, but this might be too deep. I dunno.

Perry The Platypus

....What?
I thought it was alright. It had some god jokes, and i like that they put the story in an interesting directing despite the rehashed the premise. It's nothing new but it's alright. Also, The Dark Tide rises? Really?

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
babydoll said:
i agree completely with everything you said here. even though i definitely didn't LOVE the episode, the story flowed naturally and it made sense, and the long pants thing never felt cheap or gimmicky (like TSONTS did, and like so many other post-first-movie plots and plot devices do).

spongebob's voice definitely sounded deeper and i am happy about that.
the jokes were repetitive and contrived but some of them (the ones not incessantly about pants) were pretty funny

I feel like the show is evolving in a weird way. It's like watching the awkward in-betweens during a Pokemon evolution.
Supmandude said:
I'm not sure if I like SpongeBob's voice change or not. It's hard to get used to for me personally. I liked the way it sounded in the other episodes in this season, but this might be too deep. I dunno.
I dunno. It might sound less weird if you watch a season 1 episode.

Supmandude

Squog
I dunno. It might sound less weird if you watch a season 1 episode.
I'm not sure. I went back and checked Season 1 to compare the voice and I guess his voice is closer to that now than it was before, but it never sounds weird to me when I watch Season 1. It sounds weird to me here.

I think the main thing is that I completely accept that voices change over the year as an actor continues to do the role and it's odd hearing him try and go back to how he did it way back in 1999.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Supmandude said:
I'm not sure. I went back and checked Season 1 to compare the voice and I guess his voice is closer to that now than it was before, but it never sounds weird to me when I watch Season 1. It sounds weird to me here.

I think the main thing is that I completely accept that voices change over the year as an actor continues to do the role and it's odd hearing him try and go back to how he did it way back in 1999.
I think it sounds weird to hear low-voiced Spongebob because he's had a really high voice since 2004. Personally? I like the change to his voice in the post-second-movie episodes! Maybe if we're lucky, Tom Kenny will bring back Spongebob's "sudden deep manly voice for comedic effect" and his girlish scream.

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
OH MY GOD, IT'S FANCIEST EPISODE OF ALL SPONGEBOB EPISODES! YOU CAN'T JUST RATE IT MEH OR GOOD!!!!! (but I should respect another opinion, unfortunately)

9.5/10!!!!!!

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Honest Slug said:
I felt Squidward's voice sounded different in the movie theater.
He didn't sound any different. Maybe he was talking like that intentionally.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
RomNick said:
He didn't sound any different. Maybe he was talking like that intentionally.
Even when he stopped yelling he sounded different, I didn't find it bad I just noticed it.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I LOVED this episode,the only concern I had with the episode is SpongeBob was a little out of character just walking out of the Krusty Krab and saying "I've outgrown the Krusty Krab." without any feelings of regret. But besides that it is currently one of my favorite episodes, alongside Company Picnic. Overall: 9.2

Growlie

Best Boy
Well..... Spongebob LongPants was... better than I thought it was. It wasn't great, it was "meh," but it was alright.

Spongebob's personality reboot was refreshing, I liked Squidward's appearance, some of the jokes were funny. Most of the jokes were contrived and repetitive though. :/

meh..... it didn't annoy me like LiBB though

also... spongebob's voice is closer to how it originally was, I respect that bruh
Anything to say about "Dad" Krabs? Because it seems like they're bringing him back!
Perhaps you've been heard!

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like this episode , the ending was stupid but it's an ok episode, I am giving it an 8

I like the plot of this episode, and its execution is done rather well. The only big flaw in this episode, in my opinion, is that SpongeBob's transition into a "grown up" didn't feel natural enough. He's bothered by the fact that his long pants could become dirty, so he decides that he's outgrown the Krusty Krab? That doesn't make much sense to me. I do like the way the plot is taken, though, and that one flaw doesn't tarnish the episode too much. 7/10

Pretty average episode. I liked some of the jokes, but for the most part, this episode kinda bored me, and I feel like nothing really happened.

Ranking so far:
1. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
2. License to Milkshake (A)
3. Tutor Sauce (A)
4. Evil Spatula (A)
5. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
6. Patrick! The Game (A)
7. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
8. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
9. Bumper to Bumper (B)
10. Plankton's Pet (B)
11. Jailbreak! (B)