194a. Patrick! the Game

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
The Patrick related episodes this season have been outstanding. This one was really good and along with the other Patrick episodes, it showed him at his best and all his great qualities.

I loved the interactions with Squidward and Sandy and all of them hanging out together was good to watch. Patrick's game resembled Monopoly a bit, but way more random. So many good gags and hilarious faces as well.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Pros:
* The plot
* SpongeBob and Sandy are in character
* Visual gags (mainly the facial expressions)
* Decent animation
* The titular board game
* Some funny moments

Cons:
* Patrick is a tad mean like in season 7
* Squidward while he has his funny moments, acted like his seasons 6/7 self
* Pacing

SCORE: 8/10 (GOOD)

Fun facts:
* 2nd episode written by Kyle McCulloch himself; also his 2nd episode to focus on Patrick (as well as his first episode by himself that focused on Patrick). Of course, knowing his writing records on SpongeBob, Squidward still get involved.
* 2nd post-sequel episode to not have Mr. Krabs. I'm surprised considering that he'd be the type of person to be into board games (we've seen play one before in Arrgh!)
* 5th episode overall storyboarded by Fred Osmond. Though you can thank Adam Paloian for those off-model facial expressions. Looks like now I can tell he's the one that is responsible for those exaggerated faces, kinda like CH Greenblatt.
* First episode to use the episode's title card music since Grooming Gary and Sandy's Vacation in Ruins if you count it as an episode (no title is given yet). Last used on Bubble Buddy Returns.
* 3rd post-movie sequel focusing on Patrick (overall the 4th if you count Patrick Man, including the whole 9th season so far).

Loopers

Sportz?
Good episode. But, the pacing at first felt slow. I notice in Jack's writing episodes, the pacing is always slow, and I don't know why.
But, for the "GAME OVER!" joke, I'm boosting it up to an 7.5/10.

Loopers23 said:
Good episode. But, the pacing at first felt slow. I notice in Jack's writing episodes, the pacing is always slow, and I don't know why.
But, for the "GAME OVER!" joke, I'm boosting it up to an 7.5/10.
this isn't written by Jake actually.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
No idea why I gave the episode an 8/10 the first time I watched it. I just gave it an 8 because I thought it was too random, which was obviously the point, but watching it again, it's absolutely hilarious and fun during the second half. Lots of great gags both in jokes and in the visual department. Squidward's sarcasm was also really funny and the interaction between Sandy and him was something not explored enough, and was really great here. The four characters playing the game had an awesome dynamic. Every character's personalities were done right too. The game itself being completely aimless was funny and genius in it's own right. The ending felt a bit rushed though. Sort of abruptly happened when there was only like one minute left. Definitely giving this one a 9/10.

Best Moments:

-Very unique title card design :0
-Certified Public Accountant :rofl:
-Squidward has an iPod :haylp:
-Nice to finally see Sandy again!
-The bits with the mini Patricks coming out of hits head were cute and funny :P
-"This is going to be written in the history books one day!" "Yeah, in crayon." :rofl:
-The prisoner in the "jail" box was funny.
-Sandy threatening Squidward for being mean was funny.
-There were a ton of really silly faces here that need to be screencapped :P
-GAME OVER

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
I really liked this episode.

Favorite parts:

The title card.
Squidward actually playing Tic Tac with Patrick every time. I thought it was kind of nice that he didn't just say no.
Sandy's back!
"This is going to be written about in the history books someday!" "Yeah, in crayon."
"Butter" invent a different game.
The prisoner in jail.
"Oh, what should should I do?! What should I do?! What should I do?!" "You should give me the dice, give me the dice, because it's my turn!"
Whose Rope is Longer? "Aw! You've played this before!"
The mini Patricks coming out of Patrick's head.
The gang laughing after Squidward asks them to say his name.
Squidward's faces during "Both!", "Just how am I supposed to get out of jail?!", "And Patrick seems to be making up the rules as he goes along!"
Starving, Starving Sea Star Time! Funny and cute.
Game Over!

There's something I noticed, though. When Squidward got out of jail the first time, they said it was because he got them to say his name, but Squidward got out of jail and was in the process of leaving before they started to say his name. It's not bad, but I just wanted to point it out.

And I did like Squidward's pleased smile after Sandy told him he made a smart move by doing that.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Patrick! the Game

This episode was great. The plot was really nice. I liked the interactions between the characters. The board game was awesome. There were many funny jokes. 9/10

FireyFistOPain

Part Computer or Something
Just saw this... By far the best post sequel episode yet. I have all 370 (well 369, I haven't seen Sanctuary yet) episodes and the two movies compiled in a top 372(371 for now) list and these are where I have them ranked:

1. Patrick the Game (52)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (103)
3. Company Picnic (115)
4. What's Eating Patrick (118)
5. Squid Plus One (121)
6. Tutor Sauce (127)
7. Pull Up A Barrel (137)
8. The Executive Treatment (207)
9. Lost in Bikini Bottom (220)

Growlie

Best Boy
This will perhaps, be the first new episode I didn't like.

I would feel just as annoyed and frustrated with Patrick as Squidward was.

An amazing episode of non-stop comedy greatness!!! It will most likely be loved by everyone who sees it, but it might get overshadowed a little bit by the one after it. It's still great, though. 10/10 :)
Now I know where you got your new avatar. Is it bad that I like the new avatar more?

Smaher

Moby Dollar
This will perhaps, be the first new episode I didn't like.

I would feel just as annoyed and frustrated with Patrick as Squidward was.

Now I know where you got your new avatar. Is it bad that I like the new avatar more?
What didn't you like about the episode?

The Drifter

Some person.
The ending where Squidward basically went ballistic and starts slamming Patrick around and broke the board feels so satisfying and hilarious.

MrTortellini00 said:
I've a question for you: Does this episode and Sewers have any major plothole whatsoever?
The plots are too simplistic to have any plotholes.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
777 said:
People hate this episode? I thought this was quite possibly the best of the season.
There will always be someone who hates an episode, but some people are throwing some garbage arguments on why they hate some episodes: saying that an episode has plotholes when it doesn't is one of them

Back