"Money!"
"I'll....race the car!"
"But I was on snacks!"
The surgery, and "I don't have a fin bone, I'm an octopus!"
"GAME OVER!"
This episode is quite awesome! 9.5/10

nortonstime

Floating Shopping List
-The title card is colorful and sets a fun tone for the episode.
-First laugh of the night: "I AM ROLLING THE DICE! NOW I AM MOVING!" A joke that could've easily failed, but was saved by the hilarious delivery.
-"Run spreadsheets?" "What does that even mean?!" This is classic Spongebob, which I like.
-Why was Squidward lounging right beside them in the first place?
-That ipod deserves its own episode
-Only noticed upon second viewing that Squidward's wearing red trunks. Doesn't he usually wear blue? I can't remember.
-"Oh let me think, that sounds so NO!" Another line made hilarious purely due to the way it's said. The voice actors are giving it their all this episode. Awesome.
-One toothed Patrick twice in the span of five seconds, but I'll let it slide.
-"The operative word there is think." Great dialogue for Squidward throughout the ep.
-Like many have said, it's nice to see Patrick interacting with Squidward and Sandy on his own. Strangely enough, it seems like Spongebob himself has taken a backseat these recent episodes. He feels more like a supporting character these days.
-Not big on Patrick's drawling in the tic-tac scene as I feel it could've gone faster. The scene was too long. More time should've been given to them playing the actual boardgame.
-Squidward's bemused expression is life.
-A worse episode would have had Squidward losing Tic Tac constantly with no logical explanation.
-Patrick's realistic expressions are making all the one-toothed patricks worth it.
-I actually feel bad for Patrick watching him eat butter.
-Patrick going to Sandy for help is cute
-How could they forget to add Eels and Escalators?
-The scene with Spongebob, Sandy and Squidward walking to Patrick's house feels so oddly normal it's refreshing.
-"We haven't started and I'm already bored." Squidward showing no mercy.
-"This is gonna be written about in the history books someday!" "Yeah, in crayon." At this point, my friend calls Squidward a jerk.
-Sandy vs Squidward is funny. Spongebob has the weakest presence in this episode, which is unusual.
-No comment on the Squidbob moments.
-"Can we just get started already? I'm late for my coma." Every time I think I have a new favorite line, another gem pops up.
-Squidward's "BOTH!" face, I lol'd.
-Patrick spitting out the dice as a way of rolling it is a little gag I loved.
-The argument about how to get out of jail is amazing.
-Everyone giggling instead of saying Squidward's name is also really funny as it's something that happens irl. The characters seem a lot more human in this episode.
-"But I was on SNACKS!" "Tell it to the judge!"
-Squidward going on a long tirade seems to be a common fixture in most episodes focused on him.
-"Starving sea star time!"
-Patrick's frustrated humming as he makes up rules on the spot cracks me up.
-Love the way Patrick says 'automatic winner', and then Squidward's incredulous "You did it again..."
-Squidward beating up Patrick is so unexpected. Biggest surprise of the episode.
-Like I said, I love the little gags that go by really quickly, like how Patrick wordlessly writes a ticket and hands it to the cop, while Squidward tiptoes away.
-I only got the final joke while rewatching with my friend. The moment Squidward said "SOMEBODY SAY MY NAME!" My friend started to say "Squi--" only to be interrupted by Patrick's "GAME OVER!" Genius!

Realized I enjoyed an episode wherein the characters basically just play monopoly. That's a feat, I gotta tell you. If there's anything I would've done to improve the episode, though, it's to make the game start much earlier rather than halfway through the episode. Because it does feel a bit abrupt that they're playing, all of a sudden they rush outside and then it ends. I would have also given Spongebob more to do.

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
SO GOOD. the first episode since ??????? that i honestly believe could have played all the way back in season 3 and still fit in. the dialogue was perfect, the animation was flawless. i loved watching the interaction between all four characters, it's not something we usually see so it made it super enjoyable. i don't know what else to say! i'm so happy with season 9.2 and that the show finally seems to be getting back to how great it used to be.

nortonstime said:
-Everyone giggling instead of saying Squidward's name is also really funny as it's something that happens irl. The characters seem a lot more human in this episode.
^^^^ i've watched this episode 4-5 times now and this has made me giggle along every. single. time.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
I haven't seen this episode yet, but it looks really good. The best part is easily Sandy threatening to beat up Squidward for being mean to Patrick. I love the idea of Sandy defending her friends! So far, I think I wouldn't be bothered by the "Squidward Torture". He has become very annoying to me recently, so it feels justified to see him being tortured here.

I love the off-model faces too. I didn't know Adam Paloian was so talented. He's a huge reason why the show's animation improved recently! (However, I do wonder why Zeus Cervas and Erik Wiese didn't have this many great faces in their episodes, considering their work in pre-movie -and early season 4- looks better than the rest of season 4-9a.)

This episode has a lot of great things about it. First of all, its actually funny. No, not just one or two soft chuckles, but a bunch of the jokes are really funny. For example, the "GAME OVER" at the end made me laugh really hard (as well as a few more jokes). Also it's animation (like most SB 9.2 episodes) is very good, with some cool and funny facial expressions. And finally to cap off all the great stuff is the fact that Squidward actually DESERVES most of his torment (for being a jerk to Patrick and his game). Also, I really like the title card for the episode. 9.5/10. Also, Squid with a MP3. Nuff said.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
FireyFistOPain said:
Just saw this... By far the best post sequel episode yet. I have all 370 (well 369, I haven't seen Sanctuary yet) episodes and the two movies compiled in a top 372(371 for now) list and these are where I have them ranked:

1. Patrick the Game (52)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (103)
3. Company Picnic (115)
4. What's Eating Patrick (118)
5. Squid Plus One (121)
6. Tutor Sauce (127)
7. Pull Up A Barrel (137)
8. The Executive Treatment (207)
9. Lost in Bikini Bottom (220)
Does this work like the Exit ranking system

WhoBob said:
I liked this episode for what it was. It's not great but it was good. The episode wasn't really funny, except for some good visual gags but I really enjoyed board game stuff in it. I really liked how Sandy was there to support Patrick's game and she was nice to him. It's a little thing but I liked the part when Sandy, SpongeBob and Squidward walked together to Patrick's home, it felt different and it's rarely to see moments like this (except for Squid Defense tho). I have some complaints, Patrick did get on my nerves in this episode. I feel like his lines were forced at some points, especially at the begining and he was loud at some parts as well. I also didn't like ending at all. Yeah, Squidward was being a party pooper but sending him to jail was just cruel and it was a lazy way to end the episode. I still enjoyed watching this one but it wasn't a really strong episode for season 9.2. "B"

oh ok
I rewatched this one and it grew on me. Now I still have a bit minor complaint. Patrick's stupidity still feel forced at times in the episode but he bothers me less now. More gags hit me than first time I watched, it did have a lot of amusing monments, especially the whole stuff of characters playing board game was entertaining. Now Squidward getting sent to jail did bother me at first but now it's a pretty amusing gag to me and it was pretty justified since he did get crazy and beat up Patrick. Yeah, Patrick did make up rules as he continues to play but Squidward shouldn't beat the crap out of Patrick (it was pretty funny tho) anyway, so Squidward kind of deserved to be thrown in jail. The joke at the end was made way better here than the face palm ending of Good Ol' Whatshisname. Also Squidward sucking at the board game was funny since he was being a party pooper about it. Sandy's appearance is of course anohter highlight, she was pretty likeable character for being supporting Patrick's game. Not much to talk about SpongeBob but he was amusing and it was cute when he drove the race car toy. I think the episode is better than what I remember now. Not as good as it's partner but still.

Grade: A-

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
Finally this episode aired in Latinamerica today. Very funny, a little bit squid torture, and forgettable, but GOOD!
8/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
9.5/10 I liked this episode it wasn't boring, it had some good quotes I liked and some funny moments , I did not like the ending but that's OK :)

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
It took me multiple times to watch this episode to be able to review it. I thought this episode was great, although at first I didn't find it as good, this episode has some great parts like the "silly faces" and at the beginning when Patrick is "creating" new games, but at first I found this episode very slow paced.

Overall Score: 8/10

Fondue Pot

Delicious
This episode was pretty good. The only parts I disliked were the music (bad choices) and Sandy hitting Squidward (a bit OOC).

Favorite parts:
* "Tic-Tac" and "Tic"
* GAME OVER!
* Squidward being put in the box with "JAIL" written on it
* A lot of funny faces
* The "surgery"
* "BOTH?!?!"

8/10.

Marnie

Part Computer or Something
This episode was pretty good in my opinion. The intro tried a little too hard to be funny, with Spongebob and Patrick yelling at each other about accounting terms. Sandy being a bully to Squidward isn't necessarily new, but the constant threats were a little strange. On the positive side, the animation was inventive in some places, the episode did have a few clever jokes, and none were particularly bad, even if they didn't make me laugh. A few lines felt forced, and if the execution of a few scenes had been changed a bit they could've been brilliant. Squidward was once again the object of 'torture', but unlike a lot of episodes in recent seasons, it wasn't unprovoked.

7.5/10. I was entertained the whole way and laughed a few times, and despite the hiccups I'd say it's one of the more solid and potentially re-watchable episodes of the past few years.

Edit: The high point of the episode for me was the casual conversation between Sandy, Spongebob and Squidward on the way to Patrick's place. The low point was Squidward's constant insults at the start of the board game, as I felt there were a bit too many and they weren't particularly funny. It did pick up from there, fortunately.

Back