190a. Lost in Bikini Bottom

The face of a true hero
3q5zsvK.png.png

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
I just watched it online and I thought it was a pretty solid episode of SpongeBob. Not as great as Tutor Sauce though. For one thing, a lot of the episode was spoiled by the promos already, so the jokes weren't as funny as they should've been. Also, some things bothered me about the episode. SpongeBob knew how to use payphones in "Party Pooper Pants" and "Spongicus" but forgets how to use them in this episode. I'm willing to forgive that part though since this is a show that doesn't follow continuity. I didn't really like how they didn't use the jazzy music in the scene where Squidward relaxes at the Krusty Krab, but the use of "Hawaiian Breeze" which hasn't been used since "Enchanted Tiki Dreams" redeems it. Besides those minor flaws, I thought the plot was executed well. I also liked Scott-Harold-Bill-Big Meaty Claws guy. For a minor character, he's a pretty great guy who saves all of his money he gets from his job for a tuition in community college. 8.5/10

Do I think the show is headed back to 1-3 quality? By all means, no. It still has a long way to go before it goes back to the start. This episode feels more like a Season 4-early Season 5 episode and that's good enough for me.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
First: Animation isn't that great. Sorry.
This doesn't look great for me:
l4eITyh.png

Omygosh his eyelashes are bothering a lot :T

I don't think the episode was that funny at all. SpongeBob didn't wanted to listen to Squidward, who was right, and at the ending, he was the one who got some hour off work for a bubble bath, while Squidward, who arrived early, didn't do anything wrong was the one who got a cold water beam, just because he wanted a bubble bath. That's unfair, he didn't got what "he deserved" like some people said. Well, he wasn't right by getting dirty in purpose, but look at his side... Poor Squidward. SpongeBob deserved something bad happening to him in the ending.

5/10

Aww, I was so excited for this episode, and this was what I get... :/
And other, this episode IS NOT even close to the quality of season 1-3 or even season 4(that was kinda good)...
For me, this is a season 7 episode :V

l4eITyh.png

I don't think the episode was that funny at all. SpongeBob didn't wanted to listen to Squidward, who was right, and at the ending, he was the one who got some hour off work for a bubble bath, while Squidward, who arrived early, didn't do anything wrong was the one who got a cold water beam, just because he wanted a bubble bath. That's unfair, he didn't got what "he deserved" like some people said. Well, he wasn't right by getting dirty in purpose, but look at his side... Poor Squidward. SpongeBob deserved something bad happening to him in the ending.

5/10

Aww, I was so excited for this episode, and this was what I get... :/
And other, this episode IS NOT even close to the quality of season 1-3 or even season 4(that was kinda good)...
For me, this is a season 7 episode :V
If Squidward went to short cut just like SB, he would get a bubble bath as well. Plus, Squidward slack job all the time, why he deserves a bubble bath?

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I haven't really been reviewing SpongeBob episodes whenever a new one comes out, but I feel compelled to review this one and Tutor Sauce. Before I get into this episode I would like to note that this one and Tutor Sauce are both have just one writer and the only other episode that had one writer that I know of is Good Neighbors. So I was kind of skeptical going into these episodes and since this was the first episode where Steven Hillenberg is back on the show I was probably one of the few people who was skeptical about him returning. Even though I like seasons 8-9, I just felt like the damage from the previous seasons had already been done.

So, this was a decent episode, but it's not without it's flaws. The biggest problem I had with this episode was how this episode was started. I mean besides the whole SpongeBob walking with Squidward scene felt like it went on forever and it took a while for the actual plot to get started, that's the least of the problems with the beginning. The biggest problem is how SpongeBob wasn't willing to walk a straight line to get to The Krusty Krab and got lost because of it. I just didn't think it was the best way to start the episode. Other than that this episode is good. I personally didn't find most of the jokes to be hilarious, but there were some good ones. The Krabby Krust gag made me laugh the most, but I also really liked the point A-B joke which felt like classic SpongeBob material. The plot is nothing special, but I do like how they went all out with it instead of it being exactly like the first few minutes which I was kind of worried that it would happen. I also noticed how there were a couple similarities to Missing Identity in this episode with SpongeBob falling down the stairs and him getting dirty at the end which might be intentional callbacks as I have a feeling that the person who wrote this episode knows the show pretty well. Also the whole Squidward wanting a bubble bath at the end reminded me of that awful workers compensation joke in The Splinter, but it was done better in this episode. While I don't love this episode like most people do and I do think that season 9 has better episodes, I will say that this episode is a step in the right direction. 7/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Lost in Bikini Bottom

This episode is the first post sequel-movie episode. It felt like a season 3-4 episode. This episode was good. The plot was nice. Spongebob and the other main characters were themselves. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

Supmandude

Squog
Sorry I'm late in giving a full review. Been busy and stuff or something.

Anyway, this episode was AMAZING!!! Bob Camp is perfect and all of the writing, and animation, and humor, and gags, and drawings, and characterizations, and all that other-type of stuff was all good and perfect and amazing and great!!!!!!!!! A+++++++++++++++++++++

iedasb said:
l4eITyh.png

One drawing ruins the whole episode's animation? His eyelashes didn't look like that outside of that one pose.

And really, we're not going to start complaining that Squidward doesn't get every single thing that SpongeBob gets to, are we? I don't even remotely feel sorry for Squidward not getting to take a bubble bath during work hours. He wasn't abused at all, he just didn't get time off of work because he wasn't a total mess like SpongeBob was.

Also, something bad did happen to SpongeBob at the end, by his own perception. He hates missing work time.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
this sucked, the plot was almost as insipid as Hide and Then What Happens and Best Day Ever, they didnt do much with him being lost. it dragged on, yet was also too short.

Supmandude

Squog
themissingmystery said:
this sucked, the plot was almost as insipid as Hide and Then What Happens and Best Day Ever, they didnt do much with him being lost.
The plot reminded me more of an episode like SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, personally. I loved it and thought SpongeBob's characterization was just like his classic self.

themissingmystery said:
it dragged on, yet was also too short.
I don't understand what this means.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
im saying that they didnt have enough time to use it to its full potential but they still managed to drag it on.

Spongebob in Wonderland said:
I really want to see this episode. Same with Yeti Krabs. I haven't seen either of these episodes :/
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Season-10/Episode-12-Lost-in-Bikini-Bottom-Tutor-Sauce?id=61406

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Season-10/Episode-10-Kenny-the-Cat-Yeti-Krabs?id=61405

themissingmystery said:
this sucked, the plot was almost as insipid as Hide and Then What Happens and Best Day Ever, they didnt do much with him being lost. it dragged on, yet was also too short.
-_-

MissTree

Moby Dollar
SB_DW_Fan said:
So he has a different opnion. It's okay to have a negative opnion.
b-b-but its been hyped up for so long! theres no way it could have possibly been underwhelming!

ThunderStorm said:
okay dont address my point

Back