190a. Lost in Bikini Bottom

b-b-but its been hyped up for so long! theres no way it could have possibly been underwhelming!

okay dont address my point
TBH just because it's hyped, that doesn't mean It's going to be bad or meh. Gravity Falls ep Not What He Seems was hyped a lot and people loved it.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I thought this episode was really great. The characters were on point, there were lots of quality and funny moments etc. I found myself laughing a lot when SpongeBob was confused about the payphone.

And also, the episode is very memorable and definitely shows a lot of improvement.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Mmmm. Surprisingly I liked Tutor Sauce more but this was still a good episode. It kind of reminded me of one of the weirder Season 5 episodes. There were funny moments.

7/10

sansaranaga

Imitation Krab
Not a bad episode, and it had a few good jokes. Squidward losing track of his explanation mid sentence was pretty hilarious. Spongebob failing to understand the whole 'straight line' concept was pretty amusing too, though I felt he was a bit too childish sometimes. The other good joke was everything involving the cab driver, especially Patrick's scene. The rest of the episode was just kind of okay, nothing special.

I'd have to give it a 6.5/10. Tutor Sauce definitely stood out more as having more effort put into it.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
SB_DW_Fan said:
TBH just because it's hyped, that doesn't mean It's going to be bad or meh. Gravity Falls ep Not What He Seems was hyped a lot and people loved it.
Not What He Seems is good, Lost in Bikini Bottom is not

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Yeah, this episode is alright. I know it's a bit stupid, overhyped, and rushed, but at least it was decent. Kinda like the later episodes of Season 3, but there you have it.

8.5/10

ScumBob

sicko m0de
iedasb said:
First: Animation isn't that great. Sorry.
This doesn't look great for me:
l4eITyh.png

Omygosh his eyelashes are bothering a lot :T

I don't think the episode was that funny at all. SpongeBob didn't wanted to listen to Squidward, who was right, and at the ending, he was the one who got some hour off work for a bubble bath, while Squidward, who arrived early, didn't do anything wrong was the one who got a cold water beam, just because he wanted a bubble bath. That's unfair, he didn't got what "he deserved" like some people said. Well, he wasn't right by getting dirty in purpose, but look at his side... Poor Squidward. SpongeBob deserved something bad happening to him in the ending.

5/10

Aww, I was so excited for this episode, and this was what I get... :/
And other, this episode IS NOT even close to the quality of season 1-3 or even season 4(that was kinda good)...
For me, this is a season 7 episode :V
I thought we already settled this in court

themissingmystery said:
Not What He Seems is good, Lost in Bikini Bottom is not
Yeah but LIBB could have end up being good as well, instead It wasn't in our opinions.

poplove

Floating Shopping List
I feel like this episode, along with Tutor Sauce, was just such a refreshing entry. I really love this episode and the way it is, and it's been a while since I've felt this way about an episode. I really enjoyed it. 10/10

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I've pretty much given up all hope of the show being salvageable. After the garbage that was "Sponge out of Water," I've realized that the writers have run out of ideas.

"Oh, let's do an episode where..... I dunno..... Spongebob gets..... LOST! That'll show everyone that we're still coming up with new and exciting ideas! What a NOVELTY! And for the next one.... how about Spongebob tries to get his license? No one will ever guess what happens next!"

Except..... like most of the newer episodes, the episode has a plot that has not only been used before, but was done better over ten years ago.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=r05qq74MGhUJ7fe3cNx97G95TTACuJxCJYKUjHvRQR4%3D

Lost In Bikini Bottom was redundant, poorly-paced, unfunny, and a waste of some really nice drawings.

I've pretty much given up all hope of the show being salvageable. After the garbage that was "Sponge out of Water," I've realized that the writers have run out of ideas.

"Oh, let's do an episode where..... I dunno..... Spongebob gets..... LOST! That'll show everyone that we're still coming up with new and exciting ideas! What a NOVELTY! And for the next one.... how about Spongebob tries to get his license? No one will ever guess what happens next!"

Except..... like most of the newer episodes, the episode has a plot that has not only been used before, but was done better over ten years ago.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=r05qq74MGhUJ7fe3cNx97G95TTACuJxCJYKUjHvRQR4%3D

Lost In Bikini Bottom was redundant, poorly-paced, unfunny, and a waste of some really nice drawings.
I wasn't impressed with the ep either but I don't agree how the writer can run out of ideas If this is writer's first episode. This is Jack's first episode. There will be a lot episodes written by Jack and other writers coming soon, don't lose any hope yet.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
BabySmitty said:

And for the next one.... how about Spongebob tries to get his license? No one will ever guess what happens next!"
The uniqueness of Tutor Sauce is that KRABS (who knows how to drive a car) teaches SpongeBob how to drive. Besides, it's one of those rare "driving" episodes when the Boating School is shown only at the end, along with Mrs. Puff. I'm surprised you didn't see that. We definetely haven't seen that before.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
RomNick said:
The uniqueness of Tutor Sauce is that KRABS (who knows how to drive a car) teaches SpongeBob how to drive. Besides, it's one of those rare "driving" episodes when the Boating School is shown only at the end, along with Mrs. Puff. I'm surprised you didn't see that. We definetely haven't seen that before.
either way it was bland, unfunny, and boring

Katniss

totally coral
BabySmitty said:

I think they're trying to put a new spin on ideas, at least.

So you haven't liked any of the post-second movie episodes? Because I thought The Executive Treatment and Pull Up a Barrel were pretty good.

Back