183b. Squid Defense

Cha

I love SBM
Squidward wasn't even touched by the guy in the street, so I didn't understand why he was so panicky
If a huge person was coming towards me in a dark alley, I would freak out too. It's just too bad that Squidward didn't know that the guy didn't want to hurt him. :p But I wonder what was that guy came to Squidward in the first place, unless I forgot.

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
tsk tsk if these are the general responses for a season 9 episode, this is not acceptable. it needs to live up to the hype of being like season 3 that I have heard so much about.

that said, I am not too excited about seeing this episode I have recorded.

Web Surfer

Banished
tsk tsk if these are the general responses for a season 9 episode, this is not acceptable. it needs to live up to the hype of being like season 3 that I have heard so much about.

that said, I am not too excited about seeing this episode I have recorded.

Trust me, we're more harsh than you think. If you want people praising an un-worthy episode, just go to SBU.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Yeah, like I said in the Shoutbox, I do think this episode was very over-hyped (marathon, flash game, non-stop promos) and so perhaps my expectations were higher than usual. I'm sure it will become one of those episodes that I appreciate more in hindsight once I get over the initial disappointment of it failing to live up to those expectations.

To add to my house/foundation analogy ... with a solid foundation there's more potential to build a better house. With a poorly built/rotten foundation, or a badly designed house, you either have to make dozens of little fixes or tear everything down and start again. With this episode, there aren't any "fixes" that needed to be made. Just stuff that needed to be added. So that's why I don't see this as a bad episode. I see it more as a good place to start. It's Blake Lemons' solid foundation (if he does indeed write more episodes in the future).

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
I don't have an opinion about this, cause I haven't watched it. Could you folks please give me the link to the recorded episode?

Coral Kate

Does anyone know the quotes from last nights episode squid defense

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Does anyone know the quotes from last nights episode squid defense

Approved post and moved the the right topic. :)

To answer your question, yes, the episode transcript is up on the main website:
http://www.sbmania.net/transcripts-441-Squid-Defense

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
I think this episode was very over-hyped (marathon, flash game, non-stop promos) and so perhaps my expectations were higher than usual. [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.496094)]I'm sure it will become one of those episodes that I appreciate more in hindsight once I get over the initial disappointment of it failing to live up to those expectations.[/background]

This has happened with quite a few episodes. I hated The Clash of Triton right after I saw it because the ads made it seem like it would be so much better! I still don't like the episode, but I like it more than I originally did. I'm sure a lot of people felt the same way about Truth or Square (an episode that IMO is good episode in general but a terrible 10th anniversary) and Atlantis Squarepantis (which I actually think is a pretty good episode). As MoBrosStudios said in his "Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes" video (if you havent seen it, you should. He makes some valid points) that Atlantis Squarepantis had all that build-up and, to him, it was a huge let down. In his "Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes: Fan Edition" video, he says the same thing about Truth or Square. But can we really blame Spongebob for the let down advertisements? If anything, we should blame Nick's marketing department. I doubt the show runners have much control when it comes to advertisements. I'm pretty sure that's all Nickelodeon's fault.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it wasn't terrible either. The characters were likeable, and it had a good storyline. I also liked how Squidward went to SpongeBob for help first out of all people.

Overall: 8.5/10

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I laughed once. Needs more laughs. And it looks good at least. None of the jokes were cringe-worthy.

Just averagely bad.

Not a big fan of this one. I like the plot, but I don't like how they continue to make it seem as if Spongebob is a novice. I also hated the ending and it really ruined the episode for me. There were a few good jokes, and I liked the throwback to "I Had An Accident", but other than that it was okay at best.

7|10 Overall

This one was pretty good. Only the gags made me laugh, though, besides the cop (suprisingly). Maybe it was the rubbery arm and the doiness in the middle area. :lol: I also liked the "You missed a spot" gag, and how Squidward just couldn't take all of those chores. But eventually, he was "successful" at karate, and it seemed like Patrick in "Karate Star" by taking advantage of that. But it was just one incident, after all. I don't see why Squidward had to get so worried. Over all, a nice episode, but like Cha said, SpongeBob & Sandy are supposed to be evenly matched, and I only got a few chuckles. But definitely interesting.

7.5/10 :)

Squiddykins

take back the falls
I actually loved this episode! I thought it was decent. It was nice to see Squidward and Spongebob pair up again. Before this episode aired, I was so excited to see it because the promo kept me hooked. I guess I really like Squidward episodes, since he's my favorite character and all. Overall, I enjoyed it. The ending made me chuckle. :p 9.5/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I love this episode! Squidward is my favorite character. Him doing karate is awesome! :)
He shouldn't have gotten arrested at the end though, it was just a little misunderstanding. =/
ALL IN ALL, I give this episode a...
9.9/10!

hfjs

This was an OK episode. It was really boring at times, but still it was still decent. I hated how Squidward was arrested though.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Great episode and nice running gags with good humor. There's been better episodes then this but all in all, I enjoyed it. Way to go Squidward!!!

Back