129b. The Inside Job

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I really like this episode! I like the gross parts too :yes: !!
I really love the way this episode goes on! It starts like every Plankton-themed episode with just Plankton being sad and uptight because he can't do anything but after that it goes really well I mean the whole plot is really good and I really like the ending it was funny, the quotes are good too! Many parts of this episode made me laugh like ; ''Whoa, watch your step Squidward.It is pitch black out here'' ''Don't know , Don't want to'' That was really funny :clapping: Overall , I will give this episode a 9/10 :thumb1:

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Great episode that takes "Plankton!" to a whole new level and makes for a very interesting episode. One of the best season 7 episodes.

8.5/10

I loved this episode. I'd actually go as far to say it's better than Plankton!, the other episode where Plankton goes inside SpongeBob's brain. Funny jokes, great plot, and the ending was also pretty good. I wouldn't say it's the best episode this season, but it's a very good episode. Check it out if you have the chance.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. Growth Spout (B)
3. I Heart Dancing (B)
4. Tentacle-Vision (D)
5. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
6. Stuck in the Wringer (F)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Interesting is all I can say to describe this episode. And that's not a bad thing. The premise is interesting, the jokes are interesting, the settings are interesting. This is like an in-depth version of Plankton! and that helps the episode greatly. There are many good jokes here because of the weirdness of being inside SpongeBob's house-brain. I only say this is an okay episode because it isn't exactly my cup of tea, with the grossness of the brain and stuff, but it definitely isn't a bad episode. 6.4/10

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I liked this episode. Not as good as Plankton!, but still nice to watch.

Good Episode (7.5/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
After those abysmal episodes, I need a break from flaming piles of garbage, and “The Inside Job” provides!

The episode begins…fine. We get the typical dynamic between Plankton and Karen, which is fine with me, where Plankton tries to act like he’s better than Karen and then makes a fool of himself. The fact that this guy was showing his son the Chum Bucket just to revel in its failure is pretty funny. And then Karen proves to be queenie once again as she comes up with a pretty good plan for Plankton. The part where Plankton’s launching and people keep walking in the way is pretty funny, especially once it’s revealed that the Mr. Krabs standing there was just a cardboard cut-out, and Plankton ends up entering SpongeBob’s brain. It almost feels like a call-back to “The Chaperone” or “As Seen on TV”.

The imagery of this episode is pretty neat. I liked the design of different parts of the brain (or head I guess) being “plugged in”. When Plankton unplugs SpongeBob’s eyes, I am then reminded of how much I really wish I was watching “Planet of the Jellyfish” right about now. Also, I’ve noticed that at least twice in the episode we get off-screen quips from characters. First Mr. Krabs, then Squidward. And I like it because that means we get more dialogue humor, and also I just think it’s neat, and makes the episode feel more…full even if the characters don’t physically show up.

Plankton causing problems with SpongeBob’s workday is also a good source of humor. SpongeBob making a “patty” blind is pretty amusing, especially when he gets his sight back and he freaks out about it. And then when Plankton takes out his ears, I thought this was a clever way to not actually reveal the formula, as the show is wont to do. I love how Plankton just goes “I hate my life!” when this fails for him. Additionally, the ending of this hearing bit is another great use of awkward humor that completely outclasses most of season 6’s attempt at it. So maybe season 6 really just was a learning stage for using this kind of humor, because that’s like 3 times now it’s been done well.

Eventually, Plankton decides to just try and get the information from SpongeBob’s brain directly. Despite how scientifically inaccurate this is, I do love how SpongeBob’s brain is segmented into all these different types of information that are so very him. It was nice to see jellyfishing in there too, since it’s been a while since we’ve seen SpongeBob jellyfish, I feel. When Plankton goes inside the brain, once again we get some neat designs here with the inside of SpongeBob’s brain looking like his house, just with brain matter. It’s gross yet visually interesting, and it doesn’t elicit any kind of visceral reaction. I really loved the “sounds that make Squidward upset” bit. And I love that SpongeBob put the secret recipe in his heart. Yeah it’s cheesy, but it’s also cute.

And then the episode takes a turn as Plankton not only gets the recipe, but also SpongeBob’s personality and characteristics. The way he turns into a mini SpongeBob is hilarious. Mr. Lawrence’s imitation of Tom Kenny’s inflections is amazing. Same with Bill Fagerbakke’s when Plankton then gets turned into a mini Patrick. And I thought this was a neat end to the episode. The only thing I didn’t care for was how Karen said it was Plankton’s fault, when literally for once none of the things that went wrong here was his fault, it just seemed like an unintended side effect of the procedure lol.

“The Inside Job” was a simple and fun episode. It starts off a little slow, but once Plankton sets the plan in motion, things stay pretty enjoyable for the remainder of the episode. There’s also some really good humor in this episode, which I absolutely love. There isn’t too much to say other than that.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.5/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
After those abysmal episodes, I need a break from flaming piles of garbage, and “The Inside Job” provides!

The episode begins…fine. We get the typical dynamic between Plankton and Karen, which is fine with me, where Plankton tries to act like he’s better than Karen and then makes a fool of himself. The fact that this guy was showing his son the Chum Bucket just to revel in its failure is pretty funny. And then Karen proves to be queenie once again as she comes up with a pretty good plan for Plankton. The part where Plankton’s launching and people keep walking in the way is pretty funny, especially once it’s revealed that the Mr. Krabs standing there was just a cardboard cut-out, and Plankton ends up entering SpongeBob’s brain. It almost feels like a call-back to “The Chaperone” or “As Seen on TV”.

The imagery of this episode is pretty neat. I liked the design of different parts of the brain (or head I guess) being “plugged in”. When Plankton unplugs SpongeBob’s eyes, I am then reminded of how much I really wish I was watching “Planet of the Jellyfish” right about now. Also, I’ve noticed that at least twice in the episode we get off-screen quips from characters. First Mr. Krabs, then Squidward. And I like it because that means we get more dialogue humor, and also I just think it’s neat, and makes the episode feel more…full even if the characters don’t physically show up.

Plankton causing problems with SpongeBob’s workday is also a good source of humor. SpongeBob making a “patty” blind is pretty amusing, especially when he gets his sight back and he freaks out about it. And then when Plankton takes out his ears, I thought this was a clever way to not actually reveal the formula, as the show is wont to do. I love how Plankton just goes “I hate my life!” when this fails for him. Additionally, the ending of this hearing bit is another great use of awkward humor that completely outclasses most of season 6’s attempt at it. So maybe season 6 really just was a learning stage for using this kind of humor, because that’s like 3 times now it’s been done well.

Eventually, Plankton decides to just try and get the information from SpongeBob’s brain directly. Despite how scientifically inaccurate this is, I do love how SpongeBob’s brain is segmented into all these different types of information that are so very him. It was nice to see jellyfishing in there too, since it’s been a while since we’ve seen SpongeBob jellyfish, I feel. When Plankton goes inside the brain, once again we get some neat designs here with the inside of SpongeBob’s brain looking like his house, just with brain matter. It’s gross yet visually interesting, and it doesn’t elicit any kind of visceral reaction. I really loved the “sounds that make Squidward upset” bit. And I love that SpongeBob put the secret recipe in his heart. Yeah it’s cheesy, but it’s also cute.

And then the episode takes a turn as Plankton not only gets the recipe, but also SpongeBob’s personality and characteristics. The way he turns into a mini SpongeBob is hilarious. Mr. Lawrence’s imitation of Tom Kenny’s inflections is amazing. Same with Bill Fagerbakke’s when Plankton then gets turned into a mini Patrick. And I thought this was a neat end to the episode. The only thing I didn’t care for was how Karen said it was Plankton’s fault, when literally for once none of the things that went wrong here was his fault, it just seemed like an unintended side effect of the procedure lol.

“The Inside Job” was a simple and fun episode. It starts off a little slow, but once Plankton sets the plan in motion, things stay pretty enjoyable for the remainder of the episode. There’s also some really good humor in this episode, which I absolutely love. There isn’t too much to say other than that.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.5/10
The best scene was the Sponge Patty scene lol

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Pretty interesting one here. The plot is very strange; so much so that it was hard to keep up with the episode at times, at least for me. I do appreciate some of the weirder elements, such as Spongebob's brain house, but again it does feel a little too strange to me. This is all subjective, so if you think that this is awesome that's totally understandable. Aside from that, it's an alright episode. There's some good jokes, and I enjoy the story, although it does become a bit wonky in the second half of the episode. It seems like all the momentum that's been building throughout the episode kind of stops here, which leads to a fairly weak ending. I still do appreciate the episode for what it is, even though I think it's pretty messy.

Okay episode (6/10)

1. Growth Spout (7)
2. The Inside Job (6)
3. I ♥ Dancing (6)
4. Tentacle-Vision (5)
5. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy (4)
6. Stuck in the Wringer (1)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty interesting one here. The plot is very strange; so much so that it was hard to keep up with the episode at times, at least for me. I do appreciate some of the weirder elements, such as Spongebob's brain house, but again it does feel a little too strange to me. This is all subjective, so if you think that this is awesome that's totally understandable. Aside from that, it's an alright episode. There's some good jokes, and I enjoy the story, although it does become a bit wonky in the second half of the episode. It seems like all the momentum that's been building throughout the episode kind of stops here, which leads to a fairly weak ending. I still do appreciate the episode for what it is, even though I think it's pretty messy.

Okay episode (6/10)

1. Growth Spout (7)
2. The Inside Job (6)
3. I ♥ Dancing (6)
4. Tentacle-Vision (5)
5. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy (4)
6. Stuck in the Wringer (1)
I respect everything you say but kinda like this one

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I like this episode. Gets gross on occasion yes. But its pretty good

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
The Inside Job (Great)
I ❤ Dancing (Good)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy (Despicable)

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
I think this is the first episode i ever watched and boy this one is bizzare it kind of takes the experimentation of season 5 and takes it to the next level really good episode 9/10

Back