11b. Squidward, the Unfriendly Ghost

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
5.5/10

This episode is one of the funniest episodes, but that's about it. The plot is a little bit of a mixed bag. Jokes are funny, but due to the plot, this episode is kind of automatically worse. Now I know some people wouldn't watch cartoons for some insane plot, they watch them to laugh. But for me, it's both, so if you get the humor right, but the plot wrong, then I'm not liking it as much. As for the "squid torture", I didn't really see any. Sure you have the watermelon and the "okay, get in" joke, but I didn't really see much beyond that.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
F.U.N: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Culture Shock: (7.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Opposite Day: (6/10)
Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost: (5.5/10)
Nature Pants: (4.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Squeaky Boots: (3.5/10)
MuscleBob BuffPants: (2/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I like one the jokes were so very funny and the "okay get in" joke was funny.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
F.U.N. (Amazing!)
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Opposite Day (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
STUFG (Great)
Squeaky Boots (Great)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Culture Shock (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)
MuscleBob BuffPants (Bad)
Nature Pants (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost" is one of those episodes that just hits me with the nostalgia as soon as it's on the screen, and I'll tell you right now that this definitely works in this episode's favor. The beginning of this episode is just...comforting to me, and it helps that it's so funny and random, with SpongeBob and Patrick's nonsensical game.

I love the macabre (or as close as can be for a show like SpongeBob) humor of this episode. "Okay, get in" can get me laughing hysterically on the right day, and at least gets a chuckle out of me on the wrong one. The whole premise of this episode is hilarious too, and it is truly satisfying to see Squidward get hoist by his own petard.

There's also something so wholesome about SpongeBob and Patrick trying to put Squidward's soul to rest. I think this episode really helps the dynamic between the three neighbors, as it emphasizes the amount of care SpongeBob and Patrick have for Squidward, even if they are a bit dumb and cause more harm than good more often than not. They at least try to do what they think is the right thing, which is charming and makes watching them far less annoying (or in this case, not annoying at all) than it would be if they were smarter or more malicious. SpongeBob wouldn't be SpongeBob without the naivete he showcased in this episode.

Also, is it just me or does the scene in Squidward's hallway always feel...off, compared to the rest of the episode. It's not jarring or a bad scene, but idk, for some reason whenever I watch this episode and that scene comes on, I get this kind of liminal feeling, almost like I'm watching "Squid's Visit" or something. Idk, it's just weird and I doubt anyone else feels this way.

I really don't have much to say about "Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost". It's just a good, solid episode, that keeps me engaged with the humor and wholesome quality of the plot. I don't have any problems with this episode at all. So, this episode slides right into my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
"Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost" is one of those episodes that just hits me with the nostalgia as soon as it's on the screen, and I'll tell you right now that this definitely works in this episode's favor. The beginning of this episode is just...comforting to me, and it helps that it's so funny and random, with SpongeBob and Patrick's nonsensical game.

I love the macabre (or as close as can be for a show like SpongeBob) humor of this episode. "Okay, get in" can get me laughing hysterically on the right day, and at least gets a chuckle out of me on the wrong one. The whole premise of this episode is hilarious too, and it is truly satisfying to see Squidward get hoist by his own petard.

There's also something so wholesome about SpongeBob and Patrick trying to put Squidward's soul to rest. I think this episode really helps the dynamic between the three neighbors, as it emphasizes the amount of care SpongeBob and Patrick have for Squidward, even if they are a bit dumb and cause more harm than good more often than not. They at least try to do what they think is the right thing, which is charming and makes watching them far less annoying (or in this case, not annoying at all) than it would be if they were smarter or more malicious. SpongeBob wouldn't be SpongeBob without the naivete he showcased in this episode.

Also, is it just me or does the scene in Squidward's hallway always feel...off, compared to the rest of the episode. It's not jarring or a bad scene, but idk, for some reason whenever I watch this episode and that scene comes on, I get this kind of liminal feeling, almost like I'm watching "Squid's Visit" or something. Idk, it's just weird and I doubt anyone else feels this way.

I really don't have much to say about "Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost". It's just a good, solid episode, that keeps me engaged with the humor and wholesome quality of the plot. I don't have any problems with this episode at all. So, this episode slides right into my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9/10
spongebob and patrick are so pure in this episode

Back