11b. Squidward, the Unfriendly Ghost

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is in a serious need of more attention, there were a lot of jokes that worked and the plot was actually pretty interesting. It also had some good heart-felt moments as well. Not my favorite season 1 episode but certainly a very enjoyable episode.

8/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
CyborgSea said:
Honestly, this is my favorite S1 episode. It has a fun and interesting concept and a lot of good jokes. I think it's underrated, maybe because it's one of the few pre-movie episodes Pieguy thought was meh.
You said exactly what I think!!!!This episode is amazing, but ofcourse because of a low rating by a standard it got hated....UNDERRATED!!This episode screams ''I am underrated :('' Honestly, HOW IN THE WORLD, can it be worse than it's sister episode ''MuscleBob BuffPants'' that it didn't contain ANY laugh moments or anything quality....!!!! In compare with this, that it includes wayyy too funny moments (ex.Mr.Krabs holding a tissue and saying ''Oh Squidward,we came right away we learned you are dead'' :P (that's the translate of the Greek dub, I haven't watched it in English..), Sandy holding a wreath, Squidward being ''bold'' , the watermelon scene'' ONE of the funniest season 1 episodes...it's one of my top episodes as well....10/10

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
Wow another MEH episode this is a weird episode, I don't know where is gong first is spongebob and Patrick doing somthing bad, then spongebob and Patrick doing random stuff aka slaving squid ward, then putting him in a grave,p. It's all over the place 7/10

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
This is probably the most overlooked episode in the entire series, it works so well and even though it's in season 1 which is a bit weaker, everything hits so well to all the jokes like telling Squidward to get into a coffin or having him float up to land in the ending because the comedic timing works so well and he gets his just desserts how it should be. This is honestly somewhere in my top 10, not in my top 3 like I used to have it, but I'll fight for this episode any day of the week.

Miru

Banished
A very overlooked episode that is an unmistakably Season 1 story and atmosphere combination. Squidward commanding SpongeBob and Patrick to the melody of Seaweed is a real treat, and so is the ending's use of stock footage. I also loved the fake funeral held for Squidward, with the scene with the coffin being spot-on, and even Squidward's epitaph being funny, especially his scream afterwards. If only we got the rest of it. I always pop this episode into the player, as it is a great breath of fresh air. 10/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
One of the most underrated episodes of the entire show. It featues a lot of nice gags, a lot of nice atmosphere, and a lot of other charming qualities that prevent it from being anything but mediocre or bad. This episode's plot is one of the most stupid ones yet, but like MM&BB IV, if you can tell good gags with your stupid story, then it works. As long as your plot doesn't necessarily ruin your gags (like Bubble Buddy or Wormy for me), then it works! I like this episode I think it's good. Not going to give a rating right now, though.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Underrated episode, very funny and it’s one of my favorite season 1 episode.

10/10

It's alright. I like some of the things they did with this episode, and that watermelon gag is hilarious, but this episode didn't intrigue me the way other episodes this season did.

Ranking so far:
1. Pickles (A+)
2. Pizza Delivery (A+)
3. F.U.N. (A)
4. Plankton! (A)
5. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
6. Sandy's Rocket (A)
7. Help Wanted (A)
8. Culture Shock (B)
9. Boating School (B)
10. Bubblestand (B)
11. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
12. Hall Monitor (B)
13. Jellyfishing (B)
14. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (C)
15. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
16. Jellyfish Jam (C)
17. Tea at the Treedome (C)
18. Opposite Day (C)
19. Ripped Pants (C)
20. Reef Blower (C)
21. Nature Pants (C)
22. MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
23. Squeaky Boots (D)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was funny, but I felt that it was a bit boring at times. Not much really happens apart from Squidward getting Spongebob and Patrick to do all these chores. I liked seeing how much fun Squidward was having commanding them though. Also, Spongebob and Patrick are a bit too incompetent here in my opinion. The ideas here were good, and they do a good job with them in some cases, but I think they could've been executed better.

Decent episode (6/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Opposite Day (9)
3. Pickles (9)
4. MuscleBob BuffPants (9)
5. Help Wanted (9)
6. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
7. Plankton! (8)
8. Sandy's Rocket (8)
9. F.U.N. (8)
10. Hall Monitor (8)
11. Ripped Pants (8)
12. Jellyfish Jam (7)
13. Tea at the Treedome (7)
14. Culture Shock (7)
15. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
16. Boating School (7)
17. Bubblestand (7)
18. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
19. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (6)
20. Reef Blower (6)
21. Squeaky Boots (6)
22. Nature Pants (5)
23. Jellyfishing (5)

Also, anyone else notice how Squidward has an elevator in this episode?
1619305436891.png

...and then it turns into a door later?
1619305481185.png

Last edited:
Back