109a. Boating Buddies

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
One of the worst season 6 episodes. Spongebob was such a creep in this episode who wouldn't even leave Squidward alone, and worse enough, he kept causing him to suffer and suffer towards the end of the episode.

2/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Hi guys, here you see he only one that actually likes this episode :P and that's me :P

I really liked the idea and the plot but I agree that it wasn't executed really well wiith all that squid abuse, but it didn't really bother me...the ending was what bothered me more than anything....like how unlucky can Squidward be ?? After this episode, I thought myself ''the writters really do hate Squidward a lot, don't they?'' , but it didn't really make me angry or sad...and I did like some parts of it (like the chip that the mail-man couldn't eat, SpongeBob's,Mrs.Puff's and Squidward's customes..) and yeah wasn't that bad in my opinion, but the ending couldn't be worse..7/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is absolutely horrendous. I laughed zero times and it's SpongeBob's worst characterization in the series. What were they thinking when they took this lovable, fun character, and turned him into a creepy stalker. The plot is stupid and does about anything to make Squidward unlucky, ugh this episode is abysmal in so many ways. I've already ranted about this rotten episode in my season 6 list so I won't bother writing about it more.

0.5/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
This episode STINKS. There's almost nothing I like about it and Spongebob is easily at one of his worst appearances in the entire series, for not only being incredibly annoying but also being downright creepy. Pretty much everything in this episode revolves around abusing Squidward for no reason, and what really stinks is he wouldn't have been in boating school if it wasn't for that yellow idiot stalking him. I do actually like the random scientist scene (It's pointless and nothing special, but it did get a chuckle out of me), but the rest of the episode is painful and of my least favorite episodes.

1/10

AngelSponge

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'am so glad Spongebob doesn't have that creepy stalker like obsession with Squidward anymore, because... you know! It's creepy, disturbing, and just downright INSANE! Spongebob was literally staring and breathing at Squidward in a creepily gay way, and before that he put his fingers on Squidward's chest! This episode was just horrible because not only did it flanderized Spongebob's character, but it made it seem like he's gay, when he SUPPOSE to be asexual! I would give this episode a 0/10, but it had some good moments, so i'll give it a 2/10.
Never mind, make that 1.5/10!

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Boating Buddies (S6-E109-A)

This episode is creepy and horrendous. I hate it when SpongeBob stalks at Squidward, even in Boating School. SpongeBob is a bully and a stalker to poor Squidward. I hate the ending too. It's full of Squidward torture ::dolphin noise::. Why does SpongeBob have to stalk with Squidward for? Does he have a crush on him? Why are you hurting my favorite character Squidward?? Honestly?! I'm never looking at this episode again. And yes, SpongeBob is gay and perverted in this episode. :patgross:

Final Score = 0/10 :patboo:

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This is the first time in this season that SpongeBob made me feel cringy. First and foremost, this is like a rehash of "Hall Monitor", just terrible. The plot does go somewhere, but SpongeBob's characterization in this episode is super creepy to Squidward, and no one helps him (and I know Mrs. Puff was still shook that SpongeBob terrorizes other people's days, but come on- HELP HIM OUT!). But if that doesn't get worse, the Squid Abuse without SpongeBob is just bad, and makes me feel bad for old Squid. 2/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Absolute. Trash.
Yes, right under Plankton's Regular in my worst list we have this garbage episode. Like in Choir Boys, SpongeBob's character is ruined, and we get to see Squidward tortured. Except this episode doesn't even give us the luxury of just having Squidward be too big for his britches, and thinking he's amazing when he isn't. Nope, we just have Squidward desperately trying to get away from SpongeBob, who is a major creep in this episode. Everything in this episode seems to be specifically engineered so Squidward can go through physical or emotional pain, and SpongeBob is there with that goofy smile the entire time. Even Mrs. Puff is annoying in this episode, because she seems to forget that SpongeBob is, well, SpongeBob! 1.9/10

DavidDCM98

Baby Clam
I though that this episode was decent, there are some hilarious parts, my favourite moment was when spongebob says that he heard something from Squidward and then comes close to Squidward and Squidward ask "What did you heard from me?" and Spongebob says "Your breath" the best moment XD, and also when Spongebob writes in the board "Spongebob + Squidward best boating buddies 4ever!" xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

7/10

I hate this episode. More than I hate The Splinter, actually. And that's hard to do. This episode's entire conflict could have been avoided if SpongeBob just had a normal day and DIDN'T check on Squidward for "just breathing". Oh, and I laughed exactly zero times during this episode. The only thing remotely close to funny was the Frankenstein joke, but even that wasn't that funny.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
5. A Life in a Day (B)
6. Gone (B)
7. No Nose Knows (B)
8. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
9. House Fancy (C)
10. Giant Squidward (C)
11. Spongicus (C)
12. Plankton's Regular (C)
13. Nautical Novice (C)
14. Penny Foolish (D)
15. Sun Bleached (D)
16. The Splinter (F)
17. Boating Buddies (F)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Really good episode. It has a lot of funny moments and while the ending scene sucked, the rest was great.

Great Episode (8/10)

Blurple

Baby Clam
Good episode, Squidward is funny and the car scene is awesome. 10/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Oh boy, this episode sure is a doozy. Spongebob honestly didn't really creep me out that much in this episode; (except for in the breathing scene) I usually only get mad or uncomfortable while watching cartoons when the writing is actively trying to be offensive or hateful (read; Family Guy) but this is a kids cartoon, so they wouldn't be able to go that far with it. It's more awkward and annoying to me, especially when this episode has practically nothing to offer in terms of comedy or plot. I kind of like the driving scene, but even then it has nothing to do with the actual episode and just feels like mindless filler. I don't seem to be set off by this episode as much as others, but it definitely still is one of the worst of the series for completely missing the point of why this show's characters worked so well and lacking any entertainment value of any kind.

Awful episode (2/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. Krabby Road (7)
3. House Fancy (6)
4. Patty Caper (6)
5. A Life in a Day (6)
6. Spongicus (5)
7. Nautical Novice (5)
8. Plankton's Regular (5)
9. No Nose Knows (5)
10. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
11. Sun Bleached (4)
12. Penny Foolish (4)
13. Gone (4)
14. Giant Squidward (4)
15. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
16. The Splinter (3)
17. Boating Buddies (2)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Worst of season 6 against stiff competition. The episode barely contains any form of substance, comedy or enjoyment, and it all ends on a sour note by implying that Squidward will continue to receive torment in the week that follows. Spongebob never learns from his creepy behavior, and Squidward is never able to catch a break. The only thing that I kind of enjoyed was the driving sequence, but even that has nothing to do with the main "story" of this episode, and it ends in probably the dumbest way possible.

Back