092. Atlantis Squarepantis

Mantis

killer queen best stand
:patboo: Oh look, its the biggest let-down in Spongebob history. As an extra treat, its a rip-off of Willy Wonka. And its a freaking musical! I mean wow. It had four writers, this is what they come up with. No surprise, because its the writers that did One Coarse Meal, A Pal for Gary, and etc. I give these a 0/10 for being such a let-down. P.S the ruler of Atlantis isnt even King Neptune. Its a blue snot mucus thing.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Meh. Can't really hate this one too much. I was expecting a holy terror of episodes but instead it was just more meh than anything else with a few scenes I actually did like and I admit some of the visuals were pretty impressive. At this point, i'm indifferent to it. Similar feeling I have towards "Sponge Who Could Fly" and "Ugh."

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Another guilty pleasure for me. Again, it does have a lot of bad things about it, but I actually liked the songs and the plot was so-so

More

VIP
Question, how long is the special without the Patchy segments or the songs?

Also, it's my new least favorite special, and definitely on my bottom 5.

PinheadLarry

Ponhead
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
Question, how long is the special without the Patchy segments or the songs?
The special without the Patchy segments is around 31 minutes, but im not sure how long is without the songs

More

VIP
PinheadLarry said:
The special without the Patchy segments is around 31 minutes, but im not sure how long is without the songs
I'll check how long the songs individually are.

I just checked, it's about 23 minutes long.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
This episde is absoltuely freaking terrible. The songs are horrendous, the CGI is atrocuous, the voice acting is grating, and the medium changes are totally wasted on such an atrocity.

But for some reason, this is one of my "guilty pleasure" episodes. This episode sucks, ROYALLY, but when it comes on I can't stop watching it. I don't know why. It's just so friggin bad that it's somehow entertaining. It's almost fascinatingly bad. Like... with such a cool plot, how could they have gone so wrong?

Admittedly it did have some funny moments- like the scene of Lord Royal Highness falling down the stairs, the "I thought sponges were supposed to make things easier!" line, and the scene of Squidward in the art museum.

Considering how many of the new episodes seem to have really really good music, this episode was just.... what the barnacle?! YOU HAD FREAKING DAVID BOWIE IN HERE! A ROCK GOD! IN A MUSICAL!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!

Spongefan511

Floating Shopping List
SterBob said:
I feel like Steve should return to SpongeBob though. Not because it would "Revive the series" or whatever. I'm pretty sure it would be exactly the same as it is now sense Steve likes the new episodes. But Steve and Derrek Drymon has been making the new SpongeBob comics and he also produced SpongeBob SquarePants 4D: The great Jelly Rescue, now he's doing this movie. It seems like he's getting back into wanting to make the show again. Also why do people hate the SpongeBob TV movies?I can understand why people hate Truth or Square but what's so bad about Atlantis SquarePantis?
I don't remember anything bad about Atlantis SquarePantis.

I actually like Truth or Square.

Whatsittoya

Flying Dutchman's Sock
*giggles* You found NOTHING bad in Atlantis SquarePantis?.....And you think Truth or Square was good? LOL! Well people are entitled to their own opinions. But you're the first person ive ever heard say that

*giggles* You found NOTHING bad in Atlantis SquarePantis?.....And you think Truth or Square was good? LOL! Well people are entitled to their own opinions. But you're the first person ive ever heard say that

Supmandude said:
You know we have other topics, plenty of which would be a much better place to talk about this, right?

Whatsittoya

Flying Dutchman's Sock
What's so bad about it?

Facepalm*. The fact that it's a musical. Every song sucked. They shoehorned plankton in for no reason, they travel to a lost mythical place for a bubble (SB and pat) but no worries, The bubble that SB and Pat popped that the Atlantians traveled millions of light years through space for is easily replaced by plankton.

Ok I'm done with the episode stuff

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Wow, David Bowie didn't ::dolphin noise:: sing. Boohoo. I'm just glad he voiced a character.

Lord Royal Highness doesn't even look like a guy who would sing.

The Drifter

Some person.
An episode featuring David Bowie and, and it's a musical. But he didn't sing.

You really goofed in this one Nick.

Back