092. Atlantis Squarepantis

Is this a bad time to say that I actually like this episode? The songs, while not great, aren't too bad. Yes, some of the lyrics seem forced. So what? There are PLENTY of worse songs out there. Plus the plot is really cool, I like some of the jokes, and the climax is intense. Atlantis SquarePantis, while not perfect, is nowhere near as bad as others make it out to be.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabs a la Mode (A+)
2. Roller Cowards (A+)
3. New Digs (A)
4. Bucket Sweet Bucket (A)
5. The Krusty Plate (A)
6. Atlantis SquarePantis (A)
7. Spy Buddies (A)
8. Sing a Song of Patrick (A)
9. Friend or Foe (A)
10. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
11. Money Talks (B)
12. Goo Goo Gas (B)
13. Picture Day (B)
14. The Krusty Sponge (B)
15. Boat Smarts (B)
16. Night Light (C)
17. Rise and Shine (C)
18. The Donut of Shame (C)
19. Slimy Dancing (C)
20. Le Big Switch (C)
21. Pat No Pay (C)
22. Fungus Among Us (D)
23. The Original Fry Cook (D)
24. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
25. A Flea in Her Dome (D)
26. Breath of Fresh Squidward (E)
27. Waiting (E)
28. To Love a Patty (F)

CheeseCrocker

Moby Dollar
Similar to episodes such as Grandma's Secret Recipe and I Was a Teenage Gary, most of this episode is just nothing. However, it does have a neat climax and it at least has some effort put into it unlike those two so this one isn't as bad.

Bad Episode (2.5/10)

A Peep

happy hopping moron
I love how the episode end with everyone in tears.

It’s how I felt.

1/10

JoeyBoi

Giant Clam
So so so so SO boring. I swear the only interesting thing in this entire episode was the climax, and it only lasted like 5 minutes. Also, none of the songs are really good at all, apart from the first one, which I found to be decent at least. There was also almost no jokes, makes it even worse considering this episode is 45 minutes long. The Patchy segments were also really bizarre and felt so out of place from everything else. If there's one thing I can say positively about this episode, it's the visuals. Some of them were pretty creative and it made the episode interesting to look at at least. Other than that, though, this episode is a slog. It may not be as bad as Spongebob You're Fired, but it's still not any fun to watch.

Bad episode (3/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Sing a Song of Patrick (8)
5. The Krusty Plate (8)
6. Friend or Foe (8)
7. Krabs à La Mode (8)
8. The Krusty Sponge (7)
9. Goo Goo Gas (7)
10. New Digs (7)
11. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
12. Money Talks (6)
13. The Donut of Shame (6)
14. Night Light (5)
15. Boat Smarts (5)
16. Rise and Shine (5)
17. Slimy Dancing (5)
18. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
19. The Original Fry Cook (5)
20. Le Big Switch (5)
21. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
22. A Flea in Her Dome (4)
23. To Love A Patty (3)
24. Waiting (3)
25. Atlantis Squarepantis (3)
26. Fungus Among Us (2)

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
4.5!? IT IS AMAZING GREAT SONGS ITS FILLER DOESN'T FEEL LIKE FILLER AND LOVELY PATCHY SEGMENTS!

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
So so so so SO boring. I swear the only interesting thing in this entire episode was the climax, and it only lasted like 5 minutes. Also, none of the songs are really good at all, apart from the first one, which I found to be decent at least. There was also almost no jokes, makes it even worse considering this episode is 45 minutes long. The Patchy segments were also really bizarre and felt so out of place from everything else. If there's one thing I can say positively about this episode, it's the visuals. Some of them were pretty creative and it made the episode interesting to look at at least. Other than that, though, this episode is a slog. It may not be as bad as Spongebob You're Fired, but it's still not any fun to watch.

Bad episode (3/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Sing a Song of Patrick (8)
5. The Krusty Plate (8)
6. Friend or Foe (8)
7. Krabs à La Mode (8)
8. The Krusty Sponge (7)
9. Goo Goo Gas (7)
10. New Digs (7)
11. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
12. Money Talks (6)
13. The Donut of Shame (6)
14. Night Light (5)
15. Boat Smarts (5)
16. Rise and Shine (5)
17. Slimy Dancing (5)
18. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
19. The Original Fry Cook (5)
20. Le Big Switch (5)
21. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
22. A Flea in Her Dome (4)
23. To Love A Patty (3)
24. Waiting (3)
25. Atlantis Squarepantis (3)
26. Fungus Among Us (2)
I hate how it has no jokes too.

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
I LOVE IT WHY DOES IT HAVE A 4.5 ON HERE WHY I LOVE THE SINGING THE ABURDITY WORKS ITS FILLER DOESN'T FEEL LIKE FILLER ESPECIALLY THE SONGS AND THE PATCHY SEGMENTS WERE GREAT!

This deserved to be the 100th episode in airing order. Nice job, Stephen.

Season 4-11

Balloon
This episode isn't that bad. The new character designs are lazy and the songs and animation suck, however I can find ironic enjoyment in this episode. It is boring but it's not the most boring, and I can at least enjoy it from a "so bad that it's good" standpoint. Also, Patchy is kind of funny in this episode. I love the parts where he screams at Paul Tibbitt for no reason, and I actually like the Back in Encino song. Now is the Patchy stuff good? No, not really, and it's far from his best appearance, but I wouldn't call it bad/the worst thing ever.

Without Patchy, it's a long slog which only brings slight ironic enjoyment. However, with Patchy it's not the worst. I give it a 3/10, because it wasn't too frustrating and had some alright moments.

Season 5 Specials RANKED:
1. Friend or Foe (7/10)
2. Whatever Happened to SpongeBob? (5/10)
3. Pest of the West (4/10)
4. Atlantis SquarePantis (3/10)