04b. Boating School

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I feel like this episode is underrated. It's not brought up that much but personally, I like it a lot. I'm a big Mrs. Puff fan and this episode also has the "MY LEG!" line, which is one of the show's best gags. 9.5/10.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
7/10

Patrick Squarepants gag is really funny. Not the most memorable but it got a few laughs out of me

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A great introduction to boating school episodes and of course "my leg!" Another example of SpongeBob's honesty.

8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like it, new character as well, Mrs.Puff , also some funny moments in here like SpongeBob eating grass or Patrick having the SB pants on him or Mrs.Puff eating the apple (I liked the way she ate it :P ) 8/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
A really good introduction to Boating School and Mrs. Puff, and it's pretty funny

Grade: A+

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: MY LEG! (First appearance :myleg:)

Best Moment: SpongeBob finding out that he's cheating

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
As with all the season 1 character intro episodes, this one is another great one. The twist at the end was not predictable at first, making this episode very unique.

5/5

Another staple (Shocker right?). This time it's Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Surprisingly, there aren't too many boating school episodes. (In fact, there's none in Season 7). So, yes, we learn that SpongeBob can't drive, so Patrick has to help him with HIS boating skills (which return in Driven To Tears, which I'll be talking about later). It's weird though. How come Patrick of all people knows how to drive? But whatever, I digress. Still a good way to show off boating school.

Airdate: August 7, 1999

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
A SpongeBob classic. This episode introduces Mrs. Puff and the boating school. I find it interesting that Patrick is the one to help SpongeBob. If Patrick wasn't always looking at the boating school while SpongeBob was driving, does that mean that Driven to Tears comes before this episode? Also, in one of the scenes of Patrick in SpongeBob's house, we see Patrick reading SpongeBob's diary. Did the writers watch this episode to get the idea for Little Yellow Book? Or maybe they watched Gone? That makes two people at least who have read SpongeBob's personal diary. Okay, back on course. The humor in this episode is okay, but I didn't know any quotes before I looked at the transcript. Favorite Character: Patrick. Favorite Quote: 1924. Favorite Scene: Patrick Squarepants and Natural SpongeBob. 9.5/10

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
It's nothing fantastic (especially when compared to Naughty Nautical Neighbors), but it's still a very nice and charming episode that's a fine introduction to Mrs. Puff as well as the "My Leg!" gag, with a few other good jokes. It's pretty low on my Season 1 rankings, but given how much I love Season 1 that's not really saying much.

7.9/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
It's nothing fantastic (especially when compared to Naughty Nautical Neighbors), but it's still a very nice and charming episode that's a fine introduction to Mrs. Puff as well as the "My Leg!" gag, with a few other good jokes. It's pretty low on my Season 1 rankings, but given how much I love Season 1 that's not really saying much.

7.9/10
Yeah I pretty much agree with you, I don't really see anything too great, it's a good episode, it's just that it isn't anything special. I liked NNN a lot more, but this episode isn't bad, nor mediocre, just not one of the classics, and I don't think I'll ever see it as one in my opinion.

This is a good episode. It's a good way to get the audience introduced to Mrs. Puff, and I feel like this episode does a good job portraying what it's like to fail your driver's test again and again. Oh, and this episode is also funny.

Ranking so far:
1. Plankton! (A)
2. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
3. Help Wanted (A)
4. Boating School (B)
5. Bubblestand (B)
6. Jellyfishing (B)
7. Tea at the Treedome (C)
8. Ripped Pants (C)
9. Reef Blower (C)

Back