02b. Ripped Pants

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The perfect episode. This is season 1 in a nutshell. It has a great song, a good message, and a plateau of memorable jokes. Maybe I'm biased since it was one of my first episodes but I honestly think it's one of the best.

10/10

Trainiax

Baby Clam
Plot: SpongeBob milks a joke to far (I guess he was Really Feelin' It) 2/4

Jokes: Sponge Can't Lift Nothin! 4/4

Characters: Larry's introduction, but he was an antagonist 3/4

Quotes: "Did someone order 20 pepperoni and sand pizzas?" Must have been the Krusty Krab pizza. 2/4

LOL-Ness: Sponge pops up at your campout? "Can I borrow your marshmellows? 4/4

Total: 15/20 - 7.5/10

Ivanvladr

Floating Shopping List
Btw does it really end overseas with the concert just beginning, if so what countries?

CyborgSea

Floating Shopping List
Not sure why some hate seems to be cropping up for this episode, yes the joke is repetitive but that's the point of the entire story that the joke is repetitive. The song is amazing, classic SB song (though not my favorite SB song). Overall solid episode, and pretty entertaining.

An early episode of SpongeBob, Ripped Pants was pretty great. There's a lot of funny jokes, good character development, yoinky dialogue, and some cool scenes. With lots of things that happen in this episode, it's safe to say this is a solid episode, and pretty entertaining overall. At this point, the creator of this classic show wanted to bring in songs to it, and Season One's road to success continues...

Favourite moment: SpongeBob participating in the surf competition, which goes awry when he drowns supposedly.

Most awesome quote: "Oops! I guess I just ripped my pants again!"

Fun Fact: This is the first episode to feature a song sung by the voice actors. "When I Ripped My Pants" is amazing, and a classic SB song (though not my favorite Nick song of 1999). A real step forward!

Ranking: 82/100

TheOtherSpongebob

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Oh boy! My favorite Spongebob episode of all time! I can't wait to review this on-(*RIIIIIPPP!*).....Oooops, I guess I ripped my pants again! :D

Yep! I love this episode. It's at the top of my Spongebob list. Every time I see this episode on the TV guide, it makes me jump for joy. It's the first episode to feature Goo Lagoon, and the first to feature many background fish, including Larry the Lobster. Most notably, it's the first episode to feature an original song (not counting the theme song)! I love this episode so much I know every single dialogue from the episode. Now, on with the plot. (No, not that kind of plot, for those bronies reading this) Spongebob tries to impress everybody at Goo Lagoon (especially Sandy), but when trying to lift two marshmallows on a stick (Damn, he's weaker than me! Also, R.I.P Rarity and Sweetie Belle), he accidentally rips his pants, causing everyone to laugh at him. He gets embarrassed, but then he decides to turn his humiliation into a joke. After a few gags that were actually funny, though, everyone starts to get annoyed with it, thinking the joke is old. The joke finally crosses the line when Spongebob fakes drowning and everyone thought he was dead. He even upsets Sandy! After a pep talk to himself in a tent, he comes up with a different joke, but no one listens. Even his pants walks away from him! When Sponge thinks he's the biggest loser on the beach, two fish and a whale prove him wrong by being badly sunburned, getting sand in his (hamburger) buns, and getting buried in the sand and forgotten, respectively. Spongebob then tells his tale to the other three losers in song, which is amazing! It even sets a good lesson, too! (One that would even fit through in MLP: FIM!) The episode ends with Sandy accepting his lesson and Larry asking to sign his pants. But before Sponge can sign them, his underwear rips off, leaving him naked! =O This episode truly is a classic, and will remain that way in my heart. Well, that's all I have to share. TheOtherSpongebob, ou-(*RIIIIPPP*) Aw, not again! <_<

jzombie

Imitation Krab
I always wanted yo know if tom Kenny did the singing part or was Someone else like a singer guest.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Oh boy! My favorite Spongebob episode of all time! I can't wait to review this on-(*RIIIIIPPP!*).....Oooops, I guess I ripped my pants again! :D

Yep! I love this episode. It's at the top of my Spongebob list. Every time I see this episode on the TV guide, it makes me jump for joy. It's the first episode to feature Goo Lagoon, and the first to feature many background fish, including Larry the Lobster. Most notably, it's the first episode to feature an original song (not counting the theme song)! I love this episode so much I know every single dialogue from the episode. Now, on with the plot. (No, not that kind of plot, for those bronies reading this) Spongebob tries to impress everybody at Goo Lagoon (especially Sandy), but when trying to lift two marshmallows on a stick (::dolphin noise::, he's weaker than me! Also, R.I.P Rarity and Sweetie Belle), he accidentally rips his pants, causing everyone to laugh at him. He gets embarrassed, but then he decides to turn his humiliation into a joke. After a few gags that were actually funny, though, everyone starts to get annoyed with it, thinking the joke is old. The joke finally crosses the line when Spongebob fakes drowning and everyone thought he was dead. He even upsets Sandy! After a pep talk to himself in a tent, he comes up with a different joke, but no one listens. Even his pants walks away from him! When Sponge thinks he's the biggest loser on the beach, two fish and a whale prove him wrong by being badly sunburned, getting sand in his (hamburger) buns, and getting buried in the sand and forgotten, respectively. Spongebob then tells his tale to the other three losers in song, which is amazing! It even sets a good lesson, too! (One that would even fit through in MLP: FIM!) The episode ends with Sandy accepting his lesson and Larry asking to sign his pants. But before Sponge can sign them, his underwear rips off, leaving him naked! =O This episode truly is a classic, and will remain that way in my heart. Well, that's all I have to share. TheOtherSpongebob, ou-(*RIIIIPPP*) Aw, not again! <_<
I guess another thing that helps accentuate that MLP feel, albeit subtly, is that the transitions between scenes are mostly just wipes, unlike the bubble transitions that would become mainstay a couple more episodes into the season.

Also, if you want to rate each episode on a scale of 1-10 (remember, this is only if you want to), you can see on the episode's profile that there's an aggregate score based on what users think of it on that scale. You just click on where you'd rate it on the scale, and there you go. I'm just pointing it out for if you ever want to use it. Also, love all your reviews so far. ;)

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
The first appearance of none other than Larry the Lobster, and well, some beach-goers. I loved the plot, and SpongeBob's "ripping of his pants" gag. The song made it a great ending altogether. 9.8/10

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
A very classic episode.

It's a funny episode and I really like the moral of the whole thing. SpongeBob tries to be someone he's not to impress Sandy and eventually ends up driving her away due to him not being himself.

The song in this episode is really great as well.

I have nothing bad to say about this one.

5/5

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Not one of my favorites in this season, I thought that Ripped Pants was a little bit bland and not really that funny. This one centered around one joke (the joke being...ripped pants), and the gags that followed it never really got to me at all. Sure, there were some funny jokes, like SpongeBob trying to imitate Squidward and SpongeBob trying to lift a stick with marshmallows, but they never really shine compared to other great jokes that this show has brought. Of course, it's not bad at all. I LOVED the song at the end (heck, I can even make a guitar cover of the song), and I think that it is one of the highlights of the entire episode. Overall, if it wasn't for the Ripped Pants song, this would have gotten a meh out of me, but the song definitely raised the score here. I give it a 7/10.

Patrick B&#33;

Floating Shopping List
I think this episode is decent, but overrated, it's about ripping your pants, the song is good, and it has a few jokes that made me laugh, but only a bit. The song is good, the moral is good, and it does a good job introducing Larry. 7/10.

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
A classic. This was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I still like it a lot. The song really makes the episode. 9/10

So SpongeBob rips his pants. Everyone laughs. He continues to do it, but the joke gets old. Moral of the story: Don't rip your pants (at least not on purpose). Short, sweet, and to the point.

Airdate: July 17, 1999.

Back