01a. Help Wanted

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
I love this episode. One of my favorite moments of the episode is when Patrick encourages SpongeBob to follow his dreams working at The Krusty Krab. This episode gave us the quotes "I'm ready!" and "Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. A smelly smell that smells smelly." The jokes in this episode are great such. 10/10 for sure.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
Today's the big day Gary!

-SpongeBob's first words [1999]

Anyways this is a pretty good episode to start off the series, sure I wasn't born nor existed when this show came out but that doesn't matter, the plot is basically SpongeBob applying for a job at the Krusty Krab with some confidence he had thanks to Patrick, also the anchovies scenes were on the point which I find hilarious, also the Tiny Tim song audio Living in the Sunlight was played which is pretty catchy also I died at the ending, so overall I would rate this first episode a 9.5/10

Tidalpat

Imitation Krab
They introduced characters pretty well, but it needed more episodes to build on the foundation Help Wanted made, which was the plan ever since the show began being worked on.

From the episode, Spongebob is a sightly annoying, skill sea sponge who is kind of shy but very willing. The only thing that didn't pass on from this episode was his shyness, though traces of it were later shown. Patrick's lines about what Spongebob had been doing was basically saying he had always wanted to be a fry cook, and he was really a man wanting his dreams to come true.

Gary was barely introduce, mainly as a cat that Spongebob can understand. It wasn't until Plankton! and Naughty Nautical Neighbors did they slightly add to his characteristics. But like I said, it was always planned to have episodes that build on characters over time.

Patrick, on the other hand, was introduced as a half-witted sea star with some wisdom and natural comedy to his behavior. He helped push Spongebob towards his goals, and that was what he was there for (minus a funny gag at the end where he is shot out of the Krusty Krab).

Squidward was introduced as a citizen that is often the butt of the joke, and he doesn't like Spongebob, which is pretty much it. We are never shown what he likes or his characteristics, other than the fact that he is very grouchy all the time. Squidward is built up better in Reef Blower and Naughty Nautical Neghbors than in Help Wanted. Also, the citizens are barely ever seen to hate Squidward or make fun of him, with the exception of Squid Wood.

Mr Krabs's character underwent massive changes. He was a kind of knowing character, which of course stayed, but also in the episode he is considered a friend of Squidward, and a slightly mean character. He is shown taking advantage of Spongebob's childish behavior, but he also is turned by a huge amount of money, which introduced his greed factor.

The Bikini Bottomites; a stretch to be putting in this post, but really the anchovies can be considered citizens of Bikini Bottom. Therefore, the people of this small town are portrayed as savage, common senseless monsters. And they say "meep."

That concludes my proof I have no life, I guess.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
The first Spongebob episode aired, a very funny and classic episode.

10/10

This episode was a great way to start off the series. It had humor, story, and action. It inspired many episodes that came after it. I applaud this episode with the impact it's made.

Ranking so far:
1. Help Wanted (A)

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
the very first episode! it was good! 10/10 Spongebob did bought the spatula but not the same one we know

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
Help Wanted is the best OG episode ever (yes, it's better than Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire). The way they introduced Spongebob, Patrick, Mr.Krabs, and, Squidward was amazing. The concept is amazing. The jokes are amazing. Everything about this episode is amazing. If you ask me which episode of Spongebob SquarePants to watch first while binge-watching, I'll suggest this episode.

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. Patrick's Coupon (7.9/10)

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
This was a Good episode, but close to decent because the part with the anchovies was kinda boring. But the beginning and the end with the Song is what saves this episode to being Solid.
71/100 Good

Rex

Floating Shopping List
So I have been a member named JoeyBoi doing review of each episode in seasons so I have decided to one similar and for now do season 1. I don't have much more to say except again credit to JoeyBoi and time to begin

This episode does a lot of things right, it introduces us to Bikini Bottom and 5 of our most prominent characters (Spongebob, Patrick, Gary, Squidward, Mr Krabs) it is also a fairly funny episode with some fairly good jokes and quotes including Mr Krab's quote on "smelly smell" the anchovies acting like waves, the weight lifting gag at the beginning and also most of what Patrick says, it also has the greatest musical moment in Spongebob history in my opinion with Tiny Tim's livin in the sunlight. However as much as I like to praise this episode it isn't perfect, the animation is rather rough and also some of the characters definitely look off, obviously its the pilot and not everything will be perfect but to me Mr Krabs and Spongebob just don't look quite right, also the episode is slightly uninteresting at times mostly with Spongebob bouncing and the shopping scenes, however these last virtually no time and really I'm just nitpicking. A really strong way to start the show, it's only onwards and upwards from here.

1a Help Wanted (Great Episode) (9/10)

1. Help Wanted (9/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
(Looks like we'll be taking this journey together, Rex! :P)

Anyways, I really like this episode. While I don't find it to be the most memorable, or even one of the most funniest, it does of course introduce us to the main cast. For this reason, I can't help but hold this episode in very high regard, even though it isn't the best thing ever. I probably would've rated this an 8 or something if this wasn't the first episode, but it is a very important milestone in Spongebob and in cartoon history in general. It won't be topping any lists anytime soon, but it is definitely up there.

Great episode (9/10)

Reactions: Rex

squidgeek06

Imitation Krab

The first episode and definitely one of my favorites. I love the classic animation and when Spongebob comes to save mr. krabs and Squidward. What do you think of it:)
Literally the OG episode. Nothing else needs to be said here.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
9.5/10

It's a classic. It started off my favorite show and also made a pretty good episode. It's also got some pretty memorable jokes. Of course, not all of it is memorable, but it's a pretty good start. My favorite part was motivational Patrick.

1: Help Wanted (9.5/10)

Snails

Floating Shopping List
This one's really good. This is in my top 25 best episodes. There's so many memorable and great moments and so many quotable lines. This episode is a 100/100 aka Amazing.

1. Help Wanted: Amazing (100/100)

Supersponge456

Floating Shopping List
this is a great start to an amazing show the animation is pretty nostalgic also there are funny moments iconic quotes and the part where spongebob makes all the krabby pattys is amazing 10/10 episode:sbparty:

1: help wanted: 10/10:sbparty:

Back