Why do the female characters want to "eat SpongeBob up"?

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Pearl said it in "Bossy Boots", Mrs. Puff actually did it in "Kooky Cooks" and Sandy said it in the episode of Kamp Koral called "Sugar-Squeeze!"

It is a recurring theme I have noticed

Why do they want to eat SpongeBob up?

I don't get it?

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Because it might be a metaphor for them wanting to do something dirty to SpongeBob

Usually when I hear the phrase "You're so cute I can just eat you up!" it's used most often with BABIES or TODDLERS not 10-year-old kids or adults so it does come off as a bit strange

Especially when 10-year-old Sandy Cheeks said that to 10-year-old SpongeBob SquarePants in Kamp Koral

What 10-year-old talks like that anyway?

But Pearl, Sandy, and Mrs. Puff probably think that SpongeBob is irresistable and that's why they want to eat him

Or they think of him like a sponge cake and I've heard sponge cakes are delicious

I am veering into "inappropriate" territory but it's kinda hard NOT to with a topic like this!

If SSJ feels the thread is too risque then he should absolutely close it

Last edited:

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I looked it up and the reason why Mrs. Puff wants to eat SpongeBob because pufferfishes eats sponges.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
That is true

All the female characters love SpongeBob SquarePants!

EDIT: I was thinking and I realized the thread is VERY inappropriate and should be closed but it's up to the mods

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
It depends on the intent of the statement though

But yeah they most likely do think SpongeBob is cute and adorable and perhaps like Grass-Skirt-Chase said they may even have a crush on him...

And they're right

SpongeBob SquarePants is one of the most adorable cartoon characters NOT named "Mickey Mouse"!

Although, the Rugrats can give him a run for his money

Anyway, considering the different designs & outfits that SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward have worn over the years (especially the fancy tuxedos with bow-ties as seen in "Squilliam Returns") I can see why the women would be fawning all over them

Lol

I just watched the episode "Sun Bleached" on NickToons and when SpongeBob was covered in caramel topping to fake his tan, if there were any females around I am sure they would have wanted to eat him up!

Another instance where SpongeBob SquarePants was covered in a yummy substance was the episode "License to Milkshake" where he was covered head-to-toe in whipped cream

Last edited:
Back