"Truth or Square?" Discussion

hasfarr

your mom
My classmates are all saying that SpongeBob and Sandy are married because of this:

Priest: I didn't know this was a play.

The Cartoon

Moby Dollar
^ Now that I think about it, they may actually be legally married. If a real priest said the oath and they went through with it, technically it makes sense.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
^ Now that I think about it, they may actually be legally married. If a real priest said the oath and they went through with it, technically it makes sense.
But if you were holding a play with a wedding in it, why would you get an actual ordained minister...that wouldn't make sense...would it? :P

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
But if you were holding a play with a wedding in it, why would you get an actual ordained minister...that wouldn't make sense...would it? :P
It's probably one of those jokes you're not supposed to think real hard about. :P

raisin

Moby Dollar
But if you were holding a play with a wedding in it, why would you get an actual ordained minister...that wouldn't make sense...would it? :boxing:
It's probably one of those jokes you're not supposed to think real hard about. :squidward:

:P True but if you wanna get technical about it, they arent actually married until a marriage license is signed by both parties for it to be recognized by the state. But then again this is Bikini Bottom so who knows what the marriage laws are down there.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
But if you were holding a play with a wedding in it, why would you get an actual ordained minister...that wouldn't make sense...would it? :boxing:
It's probably one of those jokes you're not supposed to think real hard about. :squidward:

:P True but if you wanna get technical about it, they arent actually married until a marriage license is signed by both parties for it to be recognized by the state. But then again this is Bikini Bottom so who knows what the marriage laws are down there.
But we don't even know if there's a "state." I mean, we're talking about a place that's supposed to be a city but has a "national anthem," so... just being honest here, I don't think the writers really put much thought into it themselves.

The Cartoon

Moby Dollar
But if you were holding a play with a wedding in it, why would you get an actual ordained minister...that wouldn't make sense...would it? @_@
True, but they did get a real minister. :P

raisin

Moby Dollar
It's probably one of those jokes you're not supposed to think real hard about. :P

But we don't even know if there's a "state." I mean, we're talking about a place that's supposed to be a city but has a "national anthem," so... just being honest here, I don't think the writers really put much thought into it themselves.

Well there's a mayor of B.B. and idk if King Neptune is suppose to be like a president or what....still my vote is not married. @_@ yea i dont think that much thought was intended for this idea...

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
Back