"Truth or Square?" Discussion

sireatsalot

Alien hunter
Why didn't you like the opener? I thought to myself, "Finally, something fresh and new after the usual outdated theme!"
Because when they change openers, they change the dynamic of the show, IMO.
Oh, I see. You're the kind of person who perfers consistency.
YES!!! I don't do well with change. It takes me years to get up the nerve to use new video game platforms and controllers and such. I just don't like change... for certain things.

MechaWave

Karate Master
Why didn't you like the opener? I thought to myself, "Finally, something fresh and new after the usual outdated theme!"
YES!!! I don't do well with change. It takes me years to get up the nerve to use new video game platforms and controllers and such. I just don't like change... for certain things.
I hear ya!

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
The new opening was funny and fresh... Once. I think that using it more than that would be redundant and the classic SpongeBob theme is the bridge the connects all the seasons together. It's the one thing that represents all that the show is, it's been perfect for 10 years, it's an icon known by everyone, something fans of old new and all episodes can agree on. The claymation was good for this episode, but I don't believe it should be changed for future episodes.

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
I am racist towards your kind. ;)

sireatsalot

Alien hunter
I am racist towards your kind. ;)
I don't think "racist" is the right word... maybe prejudice?

patrick2403

Friends
This episode had some great moments. SpongeBob's first visit to the krusty Krab and the first Krusty Krab commercial were my favorite parts. Patrick had some funny lines too. I think this might have to be my favorite Patchy special.

Stinkoman 20X6

The Cartoon

Moby Dollar
It was pretty disappointing that the Spongebob & Sandy marriage wasn't real, but I kind of saw it coming. And it was probably better for the show anyway. Aside from that, what an amazing episode! There were ton of great jokes just like Spongebob's glory days, both in the animation and live action sequences. I liked to hear "Until the 20th Anniversary" at the end. They have said that Spongebob has no signs of stopping. My favorite parts was the 1930's cartoon reference, and the alternate theme songs. I also loved when Patchy asked who Tom Kenny was. So yeah, Season 7 continues to be amazing!

Stinkoman 20X6

It was pretty disappointing that the Spongebob & Sandy marriage wasn't real, but I kind of saw it coming. And it was probably better for the show anyway. Aside from that, what an amazing episode! There were ton of great jokes just like Spongebob's glory days, both in the animation and live action sequences. I liked to hear "Until the 20th Anniversary" at the end. They have said that Spongebob has no signs of stopping. My favorite parts was the 1930's cartoon reference, and the alternate theme songs. I also loved when Patchy asked who Tom Kenny was. So yeah, Season 7 continues to be amazing!
Yeah, it's funny how Patchy can't realize that SpongeBob's a cartoon. Great that they finally mentioned Tom Kenny in an actual episode.

MechaWave

Karate Master
This episode had some great moments. SpongeBob's first visit to the krusty Krab and the first Krusty Krab commercial were my favorite parts. Patrick had some funny lines too. I think this might have to be my favorite Patchy special.
Seriously? :P
Yeah, what's wrong with that?
I don't know, the rest of us were a bit disgusted by that. :P
Hi, RedSoxFan274.

?!!??!?!!

But I agree with you, The Cartoon. :P

Airedale Lady

I am a ghost. Fear me.
Might make this into another topic, but did anyone ever wonder what happened to Plankton after he flew up into the sky? Did he meet the same "demise" as Squidward in "Unfriendly ghost?" It certainly looked like it. Actually, I thought Plankton was going to explode when Krabs did what he did in the end.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Just seen this now. The audio quality was terrible on Nick UK, and they didn't even broadcast it in widescreen. :P Hopefully they will show it on MTVNHD.

I can't believe there's a new theme tune. I much prefer the old one.

The episode wasn't that better either. It's gone waayy too childish for me to even like the newer season 7 episodes now. I think I'll keep to my repeats of season 1-3.

Stinkoman 20X6

Might make this into another topic, but did anyone ever wonder what happened to Plankton after he flew up into the sky? Did he meet the same "demise" as Squidward in "Unfriendly ghost?" It certainly looked like it. Actually, I thought Plankton was going to explode when Krabs did what he did in the end.
Once Plankton reaches a certain air pressure, he'll eventually "pop". So no, he probably didn't make it to the Great Beyond. :P

Back