Show News Spongebob Squarepants 20th Anniversary Episode "SpongeBob's Birthday Blowout" on July 12th

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
https://pursuenews.com/spongebob-squarepants-20th-anniversary-to-be-celebrated-with-a-special-episode-details

Since last year, fans have been anticipating what Nickelodeon has planned for Spongebob Squarepants’ 20th anniversary which is on the first of this May. And it looks like the network will be celebrating with a special birthday episode.

A recent listings report from Production Weekly has revealed that Nickelodeon is working on a birthday episode which seems to be titled as ‘SpongeBob’s 20th Birthday’. Work on the episode is expected to start on February 5th in Los Angeles.

The birthday episode will be directed by Jonas Morganstein, the owner and creative director of Jonas & Co, A Los Angeles based film and television advertising Production Company.

The listings also say the birthday episode will be live-action so it seems like it could feature a significant amount of scenes from the real world. The project note provided is as follows:

“It’s the 20th Anniversary of SpongeBob and we’re putting together a birthday episode to celebrate this beloved icon.”

Spongebob Squarepants first aired on May 1, 1999 and has continued to be renewed till now. There’s no stopping Nickelodeon from going ahead with this impressive animated series as the network is also developing another live-action Spongebob movie with Paramount Animation.

Spongebob has been making news for a different reason as well and it involves paying tribute to the late Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Spongebob Squarepants. A petition which calls for a Spongebob Super Bowl tribute for the show creator has gained immense traction.

From the looks of it, fans’ effort to get a Super Bowl tribute seems to be a success. A recent promo video released by Maroon 5 on their official Twitter account has teased that the band has something planned to pay their tribute to Hillenburg. Check it out in the tweet below.

Spongebob’s 20th Birthday special episode will air on May 1.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
Is this going to be a one-hour special? I thought they stopped doing the one hour SpongeBob specials

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Theagames10 said:
I guess it technically does :)

Only questions I have:
Will this be a s12 episode or categorized as a Special?
Will it be 30 min or more?
My guess is a season 12 since that is the season they will be airing for a while. Even if it is a special (like Truth or Square) it'll still be a season episode. Specials are usually 30 minute episodes, or rather 22-minutes, but can be a little longer with all the cameos from celebrities and Patchy the Pirate. :)

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Chrdrenkmann said:
This is all the information that I have:

254-255 SpongeBob's Birthday
SpongeBob and Patrick tour the surface world, while the rest of Bikini Bottom prepares a surprise for SpongeBob!

The exact title and the episode numbers could have changed, though.
Holy ::dolphin noise::

I heard that the episode hasn't begun production. I wish it was still how it was back then, when episodes were edited and completed months before they air. At the very least they should've began storyboarding the episode last summer, so it'll be done by the 20th anniversary. This also means Hillenburg's final episode is airing soon

Bianca

Dreamlover
I'm excited for this! I remember when the show first premiered back in 1999. It's crazy to think that it's been 20 whole years.

I also can't wait to see what SBM has in store for the 20th anniversary. ^_^

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan

I heard that the episode hasn't begun production. I wish it was still how it was back then, when episodes were edited and completed months before they air. At the very least they should've began storyboarding the episode last summer, so it'll be done by the 20th anniversary. This also means Hillenburg's final episode is airing soon
I'm imagining it's the live action scenes that are needing to be filmed and that the animation is all done. Animating takes a heck of a long time so there's no way it'd be finished by May if they started that now

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
greatthing said:
They should air a marathon with every episode (So Far) before the 20th anniversary episode, that would all get us binge watching :whoo: .
It would be great to see that and see how much the show has changed through each season.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan

I'm imagining it's the live action scenes that are needing to be filmed and that the animation is all done. Animating takes a heck of a long time so there's no way it'd be finished by May if they started that now

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
It better be superior to Truth or Square. Wonder if Steve Hillenburg had something to do with this episode prior to his death.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
It better be superior to Truth or Square. Wonder if Steve Hillenburg had something to do with this episode prior to his death.

ZaneDrake

Imitation Krab
Is it 44 minutes? Hopefully it's better than Atlantis SquarePantis or Truth or Square.

Back