SpongeBob renewed for Season 13

Dora the Explorer fan 1

Imitation Krab
Nickelodeon WILL cancel SpongeBob SquarePants eventually

Just like FOX will cancel The Simpsons and Family Guy eventually

No TV show except non-fiction news & sports discussion shows will truly last forever!
I sure hope so Nickeldoeon sucks now so much and its all because they refuse to end Spongebob it shoulda ended back in 2007 in my opinion. new spongebob episodes are now basically unwatchable .

Dora the Explorer fan 1

Imitation Krab
Nickelodeon WILL cancel SpongeBob SquarePants eventually

Just like FOX will cancel The Simpsons and Family Guy eventually

No TV show except non-fiction news & sports discussion shows will truly last forever!
Its sad that Nickelodeon is so obsessed with a show that hasent been good for nearly 12 to 13 years. Nickelodeon is just so greedy and they dont ever seem to learn. Spongebob is so bad now to the point where the Loud House is a better show than Spongebob . Spongebob coulda had a great ending but no Nickelodeon only cares about money not there fans and its sad.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I sure hope so Nickeldoeon sucks now so much and its all because they refuse to end Spongebob it shoulda ended back in 2007 in my opinion. new spongebob episodes are now basically unwatchable .

Yeah and it will only get worse without Stephen Hillenburg!

Hopefully if the 3rd movie fails at the box-office that will slap some sense into Nick at LONG LAST

Then they'll finally put SpongeBob out to pasture!

But at the same time, Nickelodeon is just supplying people with what they want

All of this boils down to supply & demand

When the demand for SpongeBob SquarePants stops, so will the supply

Last edited:

Dora the Explorer fan 1

Imitation Krab

Hopefully if the 3rd movie fails at the box-office that will slap some sense into Nick at LONG LAST

[/QUOTE

[/QUOTE
They shoulda let stephen end the show in 2004 when he wanted to them not letting him is very disrespectful. And yes I hope the 3rd movie makes under 20 Million in the box office and I hope theres no marathon of garbage episodes when it ends only seasons 1-3 and some of 4 are worth my time.

Of course Nickelodeon will never cancelled it even thou its bad now with the exception of Spongebobs Big Birthday Blowout now that was an awesome episode almost close to a classic.

Hate to break it to you, but Nickelodeon would eventually end Spongebob somewhat if it's not doing any good in terms of ratings. But considering it has been a hit for 20 years now, I wouldn't be surprised if it survived in the 2020s.

Along with soap operas that have been around since the 1960s.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
It all depends on how people feel about SpongeBob SquarePants in the next decade

Like I said, this is 100% supply and demand-driven

The moment people stop demanding SpongeBob is the moment Nick cancels it!

Anything can happen

Nobody can predict the future

Nickelodeon's reboot of Rugrats could ultimately knock SBSP off of its pedestal

Or something could possibly even happen to one of the voice actors

(I hope not but I'm being realistic)

As for the soap operas from the 60's such as Days of our Lives, that too may end as well

Much like with SpongeBob SquarePants, it all depends on how people feel about it in the next decade

EDIT: However, shows like Days are a staple of NBC so I don't see them getting rid of it anytime soon

But who knows?

One change I do expect in the next decade is the end to reality television

Since trends always go in cycles, it's time for a new genre of TV to replace reality shows

Last edited:

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
Look, Steve wanted the main flagship show to continue, I say we should not jump on board saying "the show will go downhill because he is not on the show anymore" As we know, Steve had ALS as far back as in 2016/15 according to Vincent, Tom Kenny said when Steve knew he was ill, he created a long term plan for the show when he would leave this planet. Steve had more power and involvement than Seasons 4-9A but slightly less than 1-3. I am sure Steve was preparing the team for when the day he would pass, unlike Seasons 4-9A when Steve could always just send in a note or a phone call. The current team is full of old and new faces who knew Steve some since back during the Rocko's days. I think we can all agree that the show looks like its has a decent/better budget compared to Seasons 5ish6-8 (S5 20,00 patties episode remember when the intro shared a scene with SEASON 1????) and Nick knows this, they have no choice as they have less hits than they did back in 2008 (icarly a bunch of other shows etc) so Spongebob is the savor right now. Michelle Bryan who worked on SB from Seasons 2-3 came back on the show recently (not saying pre movie staff is the second coming, but new and old faces are always great to see) This is a wait and see situation, the SB team are great folks.

Also Happy Birthday Steve!!!!

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
That depends what you mean by "alive"
Who even knows, these concerns are valid but im happier that next season is only 13 episodes (I know Kamp Koral) but imagine if they had 26 for Mainline and 26 for KK? that would be the worst. Season 10 (imo) is one of my favorite seasons and it only had like 11 episodes (looking back, I agree S10 sometimes did rely on references and older stroylines too much, but I know its understandable why they did that, old team members just came back and new team members grew up on those early seasons and to clean up old bad storylines, I think S12 does a great job getting more creative ideas but thats a totally diff thread)

One thing I give Nick credit for, is Nick not milking Spongebob in terms of Seasons in a year like the Simpsons, its absurd that the Simpsons has like 31 seasons for its 30+ year run with episodes in the 20's range. with 2/3 seasons being renewed at once.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
It's not that I'm neccessarily "hating on SpongeBob" it's more that I feel Nickelodeon needs to move forward

If anything, I want the franchise's legacy to be preserved for future generations and I am afraid Kamp Koral will ruin the SBSP name!

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I think as much as people can't stand him and his parents, I think Ryan from Nick's newest preschool show Ryan's Mystery Playdate and the YouTube series "RyanToysReviews" should be the new face of the network

RMP is super successful and Ryan has marketing potential IMHO

If SpongeBob SquarePants were to end tomorrow I think Nickelodeon would be okay since they not only have PAW Patrol and Ryan's Mystery Playdate but also The Loud House

SpongeBob had a good run

20 years for a CARTOON is incredible!

Dora the Explorer fan 1

Imitation Krab
For the past couple weeks or so Nick has been spamming SpongeBobs and even pulling new episodes of others shows for more SpongeBob. And it’s all because the birthday special did great ratings which was my fear of what would happen and I was right Nickelodeon is SpongeBobs power hungry now.

Back