• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

Post Your Desktop

Myles Sparklighter

Coming in a mess, going out in style
I'm surprised it's been so long since there was a thread like this. The idea is simple: take a screenshot of your desktop, and post it!

Those of you who read my all-time favorite games list will know that I put a certain PS2 title at the top of the list, and completely nerded out about it. My choice of desktop, then, shouldn't be surprising:

Untitled.jpg

This is actually powered by a program called Lively Wallpaper, which allows you to run video files as live wallpapers, like looking at a GIF. The water flows, the grass waves in the wind, and Agro and Wander idle in place.

MainlySpoons

Floating Shopping List
Screenshot 2024-04-17 140026.jpg
I'm not the biggest fan of having app icons on so I stick with my taskbar. The live wallpaper software I use is Steam's Wallpaper Engine. The wallpaper doesn't move much besides waving slightly as if you are looking in the water and seeing a reflection. The cool part is when you move your mouse, a ripple effect follows it.

Myles Sparklighter

Coming in a mess, going out in style
Untitled.jpg

Any PS2 fanatics like myself will instantly recognize this circle of crystals, and probably hear the sound in their heads just by looking at the screenshot. I upgraded from Lively to Wallpaper Engine just to be able to use it, and it actually functions, with accurate time keeping and all!

Back